Getting a second guinea pig.

Breed: guinea pig
So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna five it to me. The problem is that its a female but I will keep them in separate cages. Is it ok?

Congrats on getting another piggie! I don't see a problem with getting a second guinea pig and keeping her in a separate cage.

You obviously don't want to let them get together because you don't want them to breed together. If a guinea pig older than 7 months gets pregnant then they usually need a C-Section in order to have their babies.

Hope all goes well!

Panting and shaking cat. Hi, My female cat is just over 15 years old. This morning she woke up... (14370 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (31758 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (67416 views)

Surgery needed for cruciate tear? Hello again Dr. Marie, you seem like a compassionate and caring person, so I would... (3765 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (8210 views)

Regular vs baby aspirin I have run out of baby aspirin so is it ok to give a dog just one low dose bayer... (19093 views)

Rash on Daschund My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites... (10478 views)

Does my dog have mange? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has... (7420 views)

Dog can't pee after accident. brandy got ran over about 4 days ago,,, she is walking with a lamp,,, eating and... (13346 views)

Sore tail. Yesterday I noticed my cat acting strange. She has been walking with her tail very... (6124 views)