Getting a second guinea pig.

Breed: guinea pig
So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna five it to me. The problem is that its a female but I will keep them in separate cages. Is it ok?

Congrats on getting another piggie! I don't see a problem with getting a second guinea pig and keeping her in a separate cage.

You obviously don't want to let them get together because you don't want them to breed together. If a guinea pig older than 7 months gets pregnant then they usually need a C-Section in order to have their babies.

Hope all goes well!

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (4556 views)

Boxer having seizures. Questions about seizures and MRI. Hello, My question is VERY similar to the... (6524 views)

High bile acids Hi Dr. Marie Over the course of the past 9 months, my dog Oreo's liver enzymes... (43905 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (14239 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (14990 views)

Sick Golden Dr., I try to keep this short: My kids golden, 7+ years old, got lyme like 3... (6102 views)

Bruising after blood collection. I took my dog to get some shots earlier today and to get some tests done. They drew... (24189 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (8340 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (12201 views)

How much exercise for a puppy? Hi Dr Marie, I'm pleased to report Max is doing well.. changing from Iams to p/d... (7579 views)