Getting a second guinea pig.

Breed: guinea pig
So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna five it to me. The problem is that its a female but I will keep them in separate cages. Is it ok?

Congrats on getting another piggie! I don't see a problem with getting a second guinea pig and keeping her in a separate cage.

You obviously don't want to let them get together because you don't want them to breed together. If a guinea pig older than 7 months gets pregnant then they usually need a C-Section in order to have their babies.

Hope all goes well!

Scratching ears and shaking head. We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking... (7591 views)

Pus filled lump on boxer. Hello, About four days ago, we noticed what looked like a cut on our male boxer's... (5757 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (32438 views)

Liver shunt or MVD Hello Dr. Maria. I have a 6 month old male Dachshund. He went in to get a neuter... (13230 views)

Dog walking in circles my mother in laws dog just started acting real sick today he cant stand up or when... (27023 views)

dead skin on wound My dog has a skin Lesion due to a cage injury. He tried to get out the cage under... (30404 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (5483 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (34888 views)

Neomycin dangerous to cats? by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (16423 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (8140 views)