Getting a second guinea pig.

Breed: guinea pig
So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna five it to me. The problem is that its a female but I will keep them in separate cages. Is it ok?

Congrats on getting another piggie! I don't see a problem with getting a second guinea pig and keeping her in a separate cage.

You obviously don't want to let them get together because you don't want them to breed together. If a guinea pig older than 7 months gets pregnant then they usually need a C-Section in order to have their babies.

Hope all goes well!

Paying for megacolon surgery. hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be... (7410 views)

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (203359 views)

Ear infection and FIV. Hi, I got Monty from a rescue home 5 months ago. he is an fiv + cat and looked so... (5529 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (19736 views)

Yorkie has tartar on teeth. I have recently noticed that masey has tartar buildin up on her teeth, iv gave her... (7007 views)

Nosebleed, won't eat. We have an 11 yr old black lab. About 2 mos. ago we noticed blood dripping from her... (15823 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (6368 views)

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (13953 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (3484 views)

Head tremors and clingy dog. For the first time in 12 years my dog has started following me around obsessively... (7588 views)