Getting a second guinea pig.

Breed: guinea pig
So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna five it to me. The problem is that its a female but I will keep them in separate cages. Is it ok?

Congrats on getting another piggie! I don't see a problem with getting a second guinea pig and keeping her in a separate cage.

You obviously don't want to let them get together because you don't want them to breed together. If a guinea pig older than 7 months gets pregnant then they usually need a C-Section in order to have their babies.

Hope all goes well!

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (12502 views)

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (28810 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (19369 views)

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (18338 views)

Red spots on dog's back. my dog scraches all the time i use oatmeal based shampoo--even given her phenergan... (7104 views)

Boxer bleeding from mouth. Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is... (71703 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (11205 views)

Are soy nuts bad for dogs? Are roasted soynuts safe for... (20748 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (14826 views)

Possible diabetes My cat is very thirsty, he will run to the bathroom counter for a drink of water, he... (9791 views)