Getting a second guinea pig.

Breed: guinea pig
So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna five it to me. The problem is that its a female but I will keep them in separate cages. Is it ok?

Congrats on getting another piggie! I don't see a problem with getting a second guinea pig and keeping her in a separate cage.

You obviously don't want to let them get together because you don't want them to breed together. If a guinea pig older than 7 months gets pregnant then they usually need a C-Section in order to have their babies.

Hope all goes well!

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (46122 views)

Dog died suddenly. Dr. Marie - We had a Yorkshire Terrier (would have been 12 years old in August).... (96137 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (9887 views)

Is pinkeye contagious to pets? My husband just contracted pink eye. Is it possible for him to spread it to our dog... (32388 views)

Limping Maltipoo. My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs... (20295 views)

Cut my dog's nail too short. Last night, we trimmed one of our dog's nails a little too close to the quick and... (204577 views)

Cat's leg swollen. Hi there. I've spent an hour or more doing research about this online, and I'm at a... (11392 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (8405 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis. Jet has started making sounds like he is gasping for breath and then coughs. This... (16292 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (21753 views)