Getting a second guinea pig.

Breed: guinea pig
So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna five it to me. The problem is that its a female but I will keep them in separate cages. Is it ok?

Congrats on getting another piggie! I don't see a problem with getting a second guinea pig and keeping her in a separate cage.

You obviously don't want to let them get together because you don't want them to breed together. If a guinea pig older than 7 months gets pregnant then they usually need a C-Section in order to have their babies.

Hope all goes well!

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (8109 views)

Sunscreen for cats and dogs. My cat is a white cat and he loves to lounge in the sun. I was wondering if you... (13340 views)

Guinea pig with mammary tumor. what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!... (12574 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Our dog is a miniature dachshund and she just (about 30 minutes ago) ate about 20 to... (13201 views)

Allergies or URTI? I was looking at the questions on cats, but couldn't find one that was close to what... (7883 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (7588 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (5159 views)

Dog ate absorbent chicken pad. My dog just ate one of those absorbent pads from a chicken meat tray......would this... (72953 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (16328 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (4196 views)