Getting a second guinea pig.

Breed: guinea pig
So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna five it to me. The problem is that its a female but I will keep them in separate cages. Is it ok?

Congrats on getting another piggie! I don't see a problem with getting a second guinea pig and keeping her in a separate cage.

You obviously don't want to let them get together because you don't want them to breed together. If a guinea pig older than 7 months gets pregnant then they usually need a C-Section in order to have their babies.

Hope all goes well!

Urinating in house. Our cat Alice was involved in a fight in the garden with another cat. SHe had a sore... (11280 views)

Do male cats go into heat? Hi, I recived a new male cat and I would like to know if exist a "tablett" or... (7943 views)

Dog ate sewing needle. I think my dog has swallowed a sewing needle. What should I... (37584 views)

Chihuahua ate tennis ball. My small, 5lb baby girl chihauha (sp?) was outside playing with our two other dogs. ... (21474 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (54767 views)

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (13430 views)

Why is hamster quiet? what's wrong with my hamster... had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my... (18978 views)

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (13270 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (30923 views)

Dog pees in the house. Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out... (8658 views)