Getting a second guinea pig.

Breed: guinea pig
So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna five it to me. The problem is that its a female but I will keep them in separate cages. Is it ok?

Congrats on getting another piggie! I don't see a problem with getting a second guinea pig and keeping her in a separate cage.

You obviously don't want to let them get together because you don't want them to breed together. If a guinea pig older than 7 months gets pregnant then they usually need a C-Section in order to have their babies.

Hope all goes well!

Benadryl for allergies? Dear Dr. Marie, Sadie, my eight year old daschund has a skin condition that causes... (7171 views)

Rapid weight loss. Hello Dr. Marie, First I have to sadly say that I can not afford a vet visit for... (5807 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (23727 views)

Can I feed raw veggies? Is it alright to feed our dog fresh, raw pieces of vegetables-like celery, green... (8708 views)

Anal sac problems. When I cane home form work I noticed that my dog was bleeding from her anus. I took... (67416 views)

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (12953 views)

Strange problem with cat. I am having a serious issue. I have an 11 year old female indoor cat, never fixed. ... (9943 views)

Hamster is dying. My hamster is 2 years and 11 months now . I noticed he hasnt been drinking as much ,... (9306 views)

Dog jealous over owner. My female dog is 2 years old. She's a black lab. She had puppies and my boyfriend... (20395 views)

Blood in puppy's poo. Hi Dr Marie. We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we... (6703 views)