Getting a second guinea pig.

Breed: guinea pig
So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna five it to me. The problem is that its a female but I will keep them in separate cages. Is it ok?

Congrats on getting another piggie! I don't see a problem with getting a second guinea pig and keeping her in a separate cage.

You obviously don't want to let them get together because you don't want them to breed together. If a guinea pig older than 7 months gets pregnant then they usually need a C-Section in order to have their babies.

Hope all goes well!

Vasculitis and skin infection. Hey Dr. Marie, We've got a doberman with a hard-to-diagnose skin issue. Usually... (20681 views)

Cancer or infection? I recently had to put my dog to sleep after I found out he had cancer that had... (11458 views)

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (23567 views)

Vomited up chew toy. My dog had diarrhea and threw up last night. She's crated at night and when I got... (22266 views)

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (16252 views)

Melanoma in mouth of dog. My dog has melanoma for the second time. She first got it in her mouth about two... (16304 views)

Wobbly boxer My 3 year old male boxer has several issues. A couple weeks ago he was lethargic... (19575 views)

Only one bowel movement. My 2 month old shih tzu only poops in the morning. He eats dog food soaked in water... (11279 views)

Swollen ankle on dog. I have a 3 year old chocolate lab. He is very active. His right hind leg has a... (89170 views)

Elderly cat not eating. my cat is elderly, arthritic and diabetic - but very lovely :) she was diagnosed... (6694 views)