Parvo recovery.

Breed: german shorthair
I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO.
WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND ARE THERE ANY LONG TERM LASTING EFFECTS FROM THE VIRUS?

I'm glad to hear that your pup is recovering from parvo.

Once we have stopped the vomiting and diarrhea then most dogs are back to normal within days.

A good sign of how the pup is doing is how well he or she is eating. If the pup is eating well and there is no vomiting or diarrhea then we can consider the disease beaten.

If the dog is not eating well then it may be that there was severe damage done to the intestines. However, if this was the case then you would still be seeing diarrhea.

Once a dog recovers from parvo there should not be any lasting effects of the virus.

The virus can live in the environment for several months or even years if the conditions are right so be sure to bleach any areas that you can where the pup may have had diarrhea.

I hope things continue to go well!

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (21084 views)

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (7661 views)

Rat Lifespan? Sick rat. My 3 yr old rat is sick. His skin feels cold, breathing is rapid and labored, eyes... (10807 views)

Panadol (tylenol) for cat? my cat(3 years) has been drooling non-stop for the past 3 days and wont eat or drink... (6208 views)

Wheezing kitten. Hi! I found Trinity a week or two ago. She was very friendly but looked (and... (7958 views)

Dog has heart murmur. Hello, Dr. Marie: When my dog was still a puppy, the vet told me that she had a 3... (35766 views)

How often for heat? I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of... (11592 views)

Will I be forced to euthanize? Hello, i have a 14 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix (50-60 lb and on the smaller... (9387 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (16803 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (5530 views)