Parvo recovery.

Breed: german shorthair
I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO.
WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND ARE THERE ANY LONG TERM LASTING EFFECTS FROM THE VIRUS?

I'm glad to hear that your pup is recovering from parvo.

Once we have stopped the vomiting and diarrhea then most dogs are back to normal within days.

A good sign of how the pup is doing is how well he or she is eating. If the pup is eating well and there is no vomiting or diarrhea then we can consider the disease beaten.

If the dog is not eating well then it may be that there was severe damage done to the intestines. However, if this was the case then you would still be seeing diarrhea.

Once a dog recovers from parvo there should not be any lasting effects of the virus.

The virus can live in the environment for several months or even years if the conditions are right so be sure to bleach any areas that you can where the pup may have had diarrhea.

I hope things continue to go well!

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (11772 views)

Possible spleen cancer. About 2 wks ago noticed lack of appetite and lethargy. Took her to the vet who said... (13171 views)

Dog eats my underwear. This is going to sound weird but this is a real question. My dog keeps licking mine... (52401 views)

Wheezing then died. We adopted a cat from a family that could not keep him any longer because they just... (9919 views)

Perianal fistula Dear Dr Marie, My baby doggie, Mushka, has developed small pimple-sized boils... (39395 views)

Is my dog pregnant? We think my dog is pregnant.She keeps trying to make little areas for herself and... (6749 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (28813 views)

Sick 4 week old puppies. i have 5 chihuahua puppies of 4 weeks, and last night one of the pup's started... (23309 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (30412 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (22402 views)