Parvo recovery.

Breed: german shorthair
I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO.
WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND ARE THERE ANY LONG TERM LASTING EFFECTS FROM THE VIRUS?

I'm glad to hear that your pup is recovering from parvo.

Once we have stopped the vomiting and diarrhea then most dogs are back to normal within days.

A good sign of how the pup is doing is how well he or she is eating. If the pup is eating well and there is no vomiting or diarrhea then we can consider the disease beaten.

If the dog is not eating well then it may be that there was severe damage done to the intestines. However, if this was the case then you would still be seeing diarrhea.

Once a dog recovers from parvo there should not be any lasting effects of the virus.

The virus can live in the environment for several months or even years if the conditions are right so be sure to bleach any areas that you can where the pup may have had diarrhea.

I hope things continue to go well!

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (29476 views)

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (45798 views)

Are these tapeworms? My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They... (29284 views)

Dog vomiting clear fluid. Today we noticed that Cassie is vomiting clear fluid (with a little foam) all over... (227765 views)

Wart on dog's paw. Hello Dr Marie, I'm hoping you can help me identify a lump that I have found on... (29112 views)

Growth near bum of cat. Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After... (16117 views)

Purple feces. Why is my dog's poop... (16042 views)

Cat urinalysis. Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! My cat DB had a Urinalysis (by... (8424 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (11048 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea with blood. Our family pet has been vomitting all day and there seemed to be blood in it and... (11748 views)