My dog is deaf.

Breed: english pointer
Almost total deaf within the last 3 months. 14 yr. old english pointer. Female. In good health otherwise. What can be done????

Unfortunately there really isn't anything we can do to diagnose or treat deafness in dogs.

If your vet feels there is any infection in the ears then treating this may help.

But if this is because of aging, there is nothing that can be done.

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (16923 views)

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (10936 views)

Introducing kittens. hi, i have a 5 month old kitten, and have introduced an 8 week old kitten to the... (8834 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie. We just got a puppy and she has some diarrhea. We got her on Saturday... (27822 views)

Large lymph nodes. I spoke with you on sunday night about my shih tzu., I brought him to the vet on... (23627 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (10481 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (9229 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (5610 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (38030 views)

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (19362 views)