My dog is deaf.

Breed: english pointer
Almost total deaf within the last 3 months. 14 yr. old english pointer. Female. In good health otherwise. What can be done????

Unfortunately there really isn't anything we can do to diagnose or treat deafness in dogs.

If your vet feels there is any infection in the ears then treating this may help.

But if this is because of aging, there is nothing that can be done.

Cat is hungry and has swollen tummy. Our cat seems to be hungry all the time, she is spayed, but we have just moved... (23988 views)

Myasthenia gravis I am grieving the loss of my beloved companion who was euthanized on May 18, 2011.... (19760 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (14005 views)

Will removing an eye affect my dog? Sadly, our son's dog recently had a car accident and my lose one eye. He is still in... (6961 views)

Ear infection and FIV. Hi, I got Monty from a rescue home 5 months ago. he is an fiv + cat and looked so... (5545 views)

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (21961 views)

Interstitial cystitis. My cat has had reoccurring Cystitis. She strains when going to the toilet,... (4675 views)

OK to keep cats in a small room? I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are... (4387 views)

Antibiotics for stuffed up nose. Hello again Dr. Marie, writing again about our dog Sparky and have some questions.... (4832 views)

Older dog having seizures. She has been having more vestibular events lately and closer to each other and I'm... (6718 views)