My dog is deaf.

Breed: english pointer
Almost total deaf within the last 3 months. 14 yr. old english pointer. Female. In good health otherwise. What can be done????

Unfortunately there really isn't anything we can do to diagnose or treat deafness in dogs.

If your vet feels there is any infection in the ears then treating this may help.

But if this is because of aging, there is nothing that can be done.

calamine lotion on dogs Doeden has a itchy rash, raised pale bumps, on the back of his neck; I put on some... (97762 views)

Scabby rash on belly and back. My dog has a scabby rash that she has had for about a year. At first it was just on... (21625 views)

Lump on puppy's neck. Hello Dr. Marie I hope you could choose my question because i'm so worried about my... (17690 views)

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (10785 views)

Coughing dog. I have two very healthy Min Pins. Well I had two healthy dogs. Last weekend we... (5916 views)

KBr Side Effects? I read your answer about seeing severe side effects of KBR and would like your... (12488 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (20302 views)

Chicken jerky from Thailand. We hear about the chicken jerkey from China, how about the jerkey from Thiland. Do... (7745 views)

Peeing in house. I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in... (6557 views)

Myasthenia gravis I am grieving the loss of my beloved companion who was euthanized on May 18, 2011.... (22883 views)