My dog is deaf.

Breed: english pointer
Almost total deaf within the last 3 months. 14 yr. old english pointer. Female. In good health otherwise. What can be done????

Unfortunately there really isn't anything we can do to diagnose or treat deafness in dogs.

If your vet feels there is any infection in the ears then treating this may help.

But if this is because of aging, there is nothing that can be done.

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (9372 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (9255 views)

Metronidazole for cats alternative? My 16-hr-old neutered male cat is diabetic (since 2008) Was recently prescribed... (11349 views)

Limping Dog. Yesterday, my dog started limping & avoiding putting any weight on his right hind... (24587 views)

Pit bull puppy is sick. My dog was outside and I was callig her, bit she didn't come I went to look for her... (8268 views)

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (7601 views)

Information on parvo virus. Hello dr., I am a senior in high school doing a senior project and my topic... (17308 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (6448 views)

Older cat problems. My cat is eating constantly. Every hour or two she cries at me to eat. And she's... (9844 views)

Dog can't move tail. My dog's tail is bent at the base and it is almost as if she can't move it. It seems... (11078 views)