Red sores on mouth.

Breed: german shepard mix
My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get irritated and sometimes bleed. Her lip area has also developed at bright pink pigment. I want to know if this is dangerous, and what could it be? thanks

This could be something called a lip fold pyoderma. These are really uncomfortable infections around the mouth. They need to be treated with antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

There are other more serious possibilities such as an autoimmune disease called pemphigus. but, I think a lip fold pyoderma is most likely.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

How to help constipated cat. Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox... (2660 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (2056 views)

Itchy dog, chewing skin. Hi, I have an otherwise healthy chihuahua who has always been a foot chewer but has... (87689 views)

Neomycin dangerous to cats? by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (9656 views)

Cat with megacolon We have a cat, Poofter, who has mega-colon. The vet prescribed Hills Prescription... (5889 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (3250 views)

Ear infection in labradoodle. Hi Dr. Marie, I have an 8 month old Australian Labradoodle who has had a yeast... (9709 views)

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (2198 views)

Sunscreen for cats and dogs. My cat is a white cat and he loves to lounge in the sun. I was wondering if you... (6316 views)

Steroid shots for allergies. Dr. Marie, Our 9 lb. cat has had a chronic skin ailment the majority of his life,... (8236 views)