Red sores on mouth.

Breed: german shepard mix
My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get irritated and sometimes bleed. Her lip area has also developed at bright pink pigment. I want to know if this is dangerous, and what could it be? thanks

This could be something called a lip fold pyoderma. These are really uncomfortable infections around the mouth. They need to be treated with antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

There are other more serious possibilities such as an autoimmune disease called pemphigus. but, I think a lip fold pyoderma is most likely.

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (26629 views)

Does pet store flea medicine work? My dog just got fleas. I've given her multiple flea baths, flea collar, and flea... (10571 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (7440 views)

Tick Borne Disease. I took my dog to the vet on both Friday and Saturday. He has a fever. He has a... (9382 views)

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (15255 views)

Pregnant cat question. Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time... (29740 views)

Dog has warm ears. Is it normal for my dog to have warm ears? There is no discharge and the ears are... (83752 views)

Can you die from a cat bite? hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any... (17867 views)

Dog is shaking I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of... (78907 views)

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (12314 views)