Red sores on mouth.

Breed: german shepard mix
My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get irritated and sometimes bleed. Her lip area has also developed at bright pink pigment. I want to know if this is dangerous, and what could it be? thanks

This could be something called a lip fold pyoderma. These are really uncomfortable infections around the mouth. They need to be treated with antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

There are other more serious possibilities such as an autoimmune disease called pemphigus. but, I think a lip fold pyoderma is most likely.

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (17957 views)

Dog pees in the house. Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out... (8466 views)

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (8411 views)

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (24415 views)

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (12099 views)

Milo's chicken jerky safety? Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm concerned about the chicken... (9112 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (9963 views)

Why does guinea pig have pink poop? Hi! I am a big fan! So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink... (13399 views)

Genetic defects in a puppy. my dog has tapeworms and she gave birth to four puppies.one was born really skinny... (10682 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (36744 views)