Red sores on mouth.

Breed: german shepard mix
My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get irritated and sometimes bleed. Her lip area has also developed at bright pink pigment. I want to know if this is dangerous, and what could it be? thanks

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

This could be something called a lip fold pyoderma. These are really uncomfortable infections around the mouth. They need to be treated with antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

There are other more serious possibilities such as an autoimmune disease called pemphigus. but, I think a lip fold pyoderma is most likely.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

Cat is dying. I took in a stray that was living in a garage since his was little for years and was... (3544 views)

Honey for a wound. Whats your opinion on using raw honey to treat and heal my geldings staph abcesses... (5833 views)

Mildly increased ALP. My dog's routine blood work shows an alkaline phosaphate level of 159. The vet is... (4686 views)

Dog ate battery fluid. My dog chewed up a AA battery. It doesn't appear that she ingested any pieces of it... (10368 views)

Cryptosporidium and clostridium. I am hoping for confirmation that we are on the right track with treating our two 11... (13276 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (206821 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (5951 views)

Can a dog adapt to a new home? Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The... (4873 views)

Dog Won't Eat My dog won't eat at all,but he still drink(not much)..He wanna move but he can't... (15871 views)

Cat losing weight and vomiting. Sebastian was always a little overweight. Recently he has started losing weight,... (7961 views)