Red sores on mouth.

Breed: german shepard mix
My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get irritated and sometimes bleed. Her lip area has also developed at bright pink pigment. I want to know if this is dangerous, and what could it be? thanks

This could be something called a lip fold pyoderma. These are really uncomfortable infections around the mouth. They need to be treated with antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

There are other more serious possibilities such as an autoimmune disease called pemphigus. but, I think a lip fold pyoderma is most likely.

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (8340 views)

Gave meds to early. Hi Dr. Marie, We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early... (8045 views)

Cat is very quiet. My cat is a neutered male who has just turned two years old. He is an indoor/outdoor... (17332 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (16205 views)

Daschund with sore neck. My dog was perfectly fine leading up to and on the day he received his vaccines. He... (6347 views)

Exercise after a spay? Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been... (4248 views)

Trouble breathing My 12 year old golden retriever was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and a "5"... (9027 views)

Advil for arthritis? Can you give advil or store brand anti-inflammatories for arthritis or do you have... (14240 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (8017 views)

Older cat with problems. Hi there. I really hope that you can answer my question. My cat Derek is obviously... (43739 views)