Lump on dog's chest.

Breed: Maltese
My dog has a lump on the right side of his chest. (I think it's his chest. It's an inch below his collar, on the front of him,below his neck but just above his legs, and to the right.) The lump is about 1 1/2 inch in diameter. It doesn't seem to bother him and he seem to be acting normal. It's been there for a couple weeks now. Any ideas of what it is?

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it.
Anna

Thanks for your question Anna!

It's always hard to talk about lumps on dogs without being able to see the dog.

The most common reason for dogs to get lumps is because of a fat lump called a lipoma. These are nothing to worry about. They are under the skin, moveable and soft and covered with normal fur.

Cancerous lumps usually have the following characteristics:

• Not covered in fur

• Red, purple or just "angry" looking

• Irregular shape

• Hard

There are many other causes of lumps including enlarged lymph nodes, cysts and warts.

Ideally it would probably be a good idea to have your vet take a look!

Vomiting while in heat. Is it normal for a female dog coming out of heat to be... (25712 views)

Pregnant 10 month old dog. my mini doberman is 10 months and shes pregnant can she die? and how many dogs can... (15598 views)

Nursing cat has no milk. she has difficulty producing milk; one time losing milk early, the second she... (12685 views)

Swollen ear. My cats right inner ear just started turning like bruised, black & blue. Inner ear,... (14380 views)

Neomycin dangerous to cats? by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (18870 views)

Hamster scabs and hair loss. I have a dwarf hamster (it's white with red eyes, if that helps on the breed). It... (26217 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (26776 views)

Cyst or cancer? About a year ago, Bella started limping occasionally. When I inspected her leg, I... (7487 views)

One puppy in litter died. I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted... (18234 views)

Is spinach good for dogs? Is spinach toxic for... (153766 views)