Sore head from bow.

Breed: Teacup Yorkie
My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head. It just happened about an hour ago. A red puffy bubble has now formed. It isn't really bleeding, but it looks raw. I put some neosporin on it. Can you tell me what you think that red bubble is and if I need to take her to the vet. It does not seem to be causing her any pain, when I put the Neo on it she didn't cry or flinch. I will await your response. Thank you.

Alisa

Oh, poor little Maile.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine Maile. However, it really doesn't sound like you need to rush her in to emergency tonight.

I'm guessing that the redness and puffiness is bruising.

It is also possible that there has been some muscle tearing, but this would be really unlikely with what you have described.

If you can't see an obvious wound, then I think your plan of neosporin is a good idea. You may want to apply some more just before bedtime.

My guess is that this will be significantly better by the morning. But, if she is still really red then you should have your vet take a look at her just to be sure there is nothing serious going on.

I am heading offline soon, but I will be around for about 5 or 10 minutes more should you have more questions.

I hope little Maile is ok!

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (10558 views)

Diarrhea and coughing. First off let me apologize for the convoluted description of the symptoms, but I... (5883 views)

Lump on Rottweiler's leg. Dear Dr Marie Recently, I notice my dog has a lump or growth(white round bumpy... (14775 views)

Overgrooming cat. I RESCUED THE CAT FROM THE STREETS 10 MONTHS AGO. HES 20 POUNDS, EATS WELL, I GIVE... (10008 views)

Stretching out back legs. My dog keeps strecting out her back legs and dragging herself... (142380 views)

cat with trouble breathing I have a cat named Bunny, she is about 4 or 5 years old, she is a little over... (25931 views)

Sedative after heartworm treatment? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 and a half year old boxer/lab that is being treated... (13798 views)

Tubes in dogs ears? our bulldog has bad problems with his ears they are almost swollen shut. our vet... (18390 views)

Large red spots on dog's stomach. When I got home from work today, my dog had several large red spots on his stomach.... (171525 views)

Can I give my cat milk? Hi, could you please tell me if I can give my ragdoll kitten scrambled eggs made... (9851 views)