Sore head from bow.

Breed: Teacup Yorkie
My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head. It just happened about an hour ago. A red puffy bubble has now formed. It isn't really bleeding, but it looks raw. I put some neosporin on it. Can you tell me what you think that red bubble is and if I need to take her to the vet. It does not seem to be causing her any pain, when I put the Neo on it she didn't cry or flinch. I will await your response. Thank you.

Alisa

Oh, poor little Maile.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine Maile. However, it really doesn't sound like you need to rush her in to emergency tonight.

I'm guessing that the redness and puffiness is bruising.

It is also possible that there has been some muscle tearing, but this would be really unlikely with what you have described.

If you can't see an obvious wound, then I think your plan of neosporin is a good idea. You may want to apply some more just before bedtime.

My guess is that this will be significantly better by the morning. But, if she is still really red then you should have your vet take a look at her just to be sure there is nothing serious going on.

I am heading offline soon, but I will be around for about 5 or 10 minutes more should you have more questions.

I hope little Maile is ok!

Panting at night on steroids. my 12 year old black lab is on steroids for an auto immune disease and the medicine... (6443 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (9742 views)

Severe arthritis and leaking urine. Hi we have a 13 year old dog with long term hip dysplasia. he has cartrophen once a... (12040 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (8020 views)

Hamster cough. Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a... (9543 views)

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (5945 views)

Blood in urine. I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am. I have just noticed while... (9249 views)

Dog died suddenly. Dr. Marie - We had a Yorkshire Terrier (would have been 12 years old in August).... (67010 views)

Dog ate battery fluid. My dog chewed up a AA battery. It doesn't appear that she ingested any pieces of it... (15873 views)

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (53790 views)