Sore head from bow.

Breed: Teacup Yorkie
My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head. It just happened about an hour ago. A red puffy bubble has now formed. It isn't really bleeding, but it looks raw. I put some neosporin on it. Can you tell me what you think that red bubble is and if I need to take her to the vet. It does not seem to be causing her any pain, when I put the Neo on it she didn't cry or flinch. I will await your response. Thank you.

Alisa

Oh, poor little Maile.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine Maile. However, it really doesn't sound like you need to rush her in to emergency tonight.

I'm guessing that the redness and puffiness is bruising.

It is also possible that there has been some muscle tearing, but this would be really unlikely with what you have described.

If you can't see an obvious wound, then I think your plan of neosporin is a good idea. You may want to apply some more just before bedtime.

My guess is that this will be significantly better by the morning. But, if she is still really red then you should have your vet take a look at her just to be sure there is nothing serious going on.

I am heading offline soon, but I will be around for about 5 or 10 minutes more should you have more questions.

I hope little Maile is ok!

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (13911 views)

Rottweiler urinating frequently. my dog has getting let out all the time and and and recently she has been weeing... (10829 views)

Cat attacked by dogs. We have 5 dogs and 4 cats (mostly rescues) who have grown up together and have... (37311 views)

Bad smell on dog. Our doxie gets the worst smell coming from her vagina area. Whatever she sits on,... (114026 views)

Frontline and capstar but still has fleas. My cat has fleas. We have treated him with capstar and frontline, given him a flea... (23124 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (15571 views)

Breathing heavy. Is this Asthma? I have a question about asthma and heavy breathing General background: Okara... (9802 views)

Dog has bone cancer. My dog has been limping for some time now. His toe has been diagnosed with Bone... (14007 views)

Cat with bone cancer. When I came home on 4th of JUly Toesy (inside cat)was limping and not using front... (15360 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. I raise and show Devon Rexes. I have a litter of 6 kittens that were 8 weeks old... (14763 views)