Dog ate chocolate?

ask a vet

Sore head from bow.

Species: Dog
Breed: Teacup Yorkie
Age: 2-5 years
Hello,
My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head. It just happened about an hour ago. A red puffy bubble has now formed. It isn't really bleeding, but it looks raw. I put some neosporin on it. Can you tell me what you think that red bubble is and if I need to take her to the vet. It does not seem to be causing her any pain, when I put the Neo on it she didn't cry or flinch. I will await your response. Thank you.

Alisa


Online vet, Dr. Marie

Dr. Marie replied:

Oh, poor little Maile.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine Maile. However, it really doesn't sound like you need to rush her in to emergency tonight.

I'm guessing that the redness and puffiness is bruising.

It is also possible that there has been some muscle tearing, but this would be really unlikely with what you have described.

If you can't see an obvious wound, then I think your plan of neosporin is a good idea. You may want to apply some more just before bedtime.

My guess is that this will be significantly better by the morning. But, if she is still really red then you should have your vet take a look at her just to be sure there is nothing serious going on.

I am heading offline soon, but I will be around for about 5 or 10 minutes more should you have more questions.

I hope little Maile is ok!

Dr. Marie.


Do you have a pet website? Interested in learning more about SEO for Wix?


Check out our dog age calculator and cat age calculator.

Want to receive pet coupons, vet advice and info on new pet products in your inbox?

* indicates required

We'll only send you great stuff, never spam. Unsubscribe any time.

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. AskAVetQuestion.com and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

Search for similar questions:

ask a vet

Popular questions...

Won't nurse puppies One week ago our Yorkie Maya had a litter of puppies. She gave birth to seven... (53925 views)

Dog drinking and panting lots. my dog has been drinking and panting a lot since i changed his dog food last summer.... (15377 views)

High lipase and triglycerides. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's Vacuolar Hepatopathy... (8769 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (12354 views)

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (9228 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (33947 views)

Give thyroid medicine? Hi there, I live in a remote northern community and we do not have a vet here. My... (8856 views)

Can my cat live with pocket pets? Hi I have a pet rat, a guinea pig, a hamster and a cat! The cat is 19 years old, and... (10875 views)

dog with red eye Hello, I have a 2 year old male lab pit mix, fr a couple his left eye has been... (25135 views)

Small Russian Blue Cat. I have a Russian Blue who has recently turned 4 years old (we have had him since 6... (11405 views)

See all questions...

Dr. MarieDr. Marie is a veterinarian who practices in a busy animal hospital in Ottawa, Ontario. She created Ask A Vet Question as a resource for good, accurate veterinary advice online. Dr. Marie treats dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, and rats. She has been a vet since 1999.

Is an online vet visit just as good as a trip to your veterinarian? No! But, many times, asking an online veterinarian a question can help save you money. While Dr. Marie can't officially diagnose your pet or prescribe medications, she can often advise you on whether a vet visit is necessary. You can also ask Dr. Marie for a second opinion on your pet's condition.