Sore head from bow.

Breed: Teacup Yorkie
My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head. It just happened about an hour ago. A red puffy bubble has now formed. It isn't really bleeding, but it looks raw. I put some neosporin on it. Can you tell me what you think that red bubble is and if I need to take her to the vet. It does not seem to be causing her any pain, when I put the Neo on it she didn't cry or flinch. I will await your response. Thank you.

Alisa

Oh, poor little Maile.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine Maile. However, it really doesn't sound like you need to rush her in to emergency tonight.

I'm guessing that the redness and puffiness is bruising.

It is also possible that there has been some muscle tearing, but this would be really unlikely with what you have described.

If you can't see an obvious wound, then I think your plan of neosporin is a good idea. You may want to apply some more just before bedtime.

My guess is that this will be significantly better by the morning. But, if she is still really red then you should have your vet take a look at her just to be sure there is nothing serious going on.

I am heading offline soon, but I will be around for about 5 or 10 minutes more should you have more questions.

I hope little Maile is ok!

Lethargic and following me around. Hi, My dog Harley is 3 yrs old. Starting 2 days ago he hasn't been acting like... (10853 views)

Why did my cat die? Hello, The other day, our cat Misty (she would have been 16-years-old next month)... (10608 views)

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (7644 views)

URTI in diabetic cat. Buster is a 14 year old male who weighs 16 pounds. He has had diabetes for 2-1/2... (9789 views)

Milk coming out of squirrel's nose. I have an orphaned squirrel that doesn't have his eyes open yet. He has aspirated... (7962 views)

Clear discharge from eye. Hi there, My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye... (9091 views)

Vomiting every day. My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This... (24376 views)

Older cat problems. My cat is eating constantly. Every hour or two she cries at me to eat. And she's... (8649 views)

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (37679 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (12104 views)