Sore head from bow.

Breed: Teacup Yorkie
My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head. It just happened about an hour ago. A red puffy bubble has now formed. It isn't really bleeding, but it looks raw. I put some neosporin on it. Can you tell me what you think that red bubble is and if I need to take her to the vet. It does not seem to be causing her any pain, when I put the Neo on it she didn't cry or flinch. I will await your response. Thank you.

Alisa

Oh, poor little Maile.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine Maile. However, it really doesn't sound like you need to rush her in to emergency tonight.

I'm guessing that the redness and puffiness is bruising.

It is also possible that there has been some muscle tearing, but this would be really unlikely with what you have described.

If you can't see an obvious wound, then I think your plan of neosporin is a good idea. You may want to apply some more just before bedtime.

My guess is that this will be significantly better by the morning. But, if she is still really red then you should have your vet take a look at her just to be sure there is nothing serious going on.

I am heading offline soon, but I will be around for about 5 or 10 minutes more should you have more questions.

I hope little Maile is ok!

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (4243 views)

Brown spots on puppy's belly. Hi Doctor. I've noticed an area along my puppies belly down to her private area... (36153 views)

Dog dying of parvo. sage is well......dying of parvo and i want to know ways to make a dog really happy... (14512 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (14486 views)

Dog is leaking urine. We have a 4yr old female boxer/german shepherd mix who seems to be "leaking" a lot... (8781 views)

Homeopathic seizure control. I have adopted a dog Jack aged 7. He has seizures which last about 3-5 minutes and... (6033 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (6766 views)

Cat is really hungry. Maya has feline asthma and has been on inhaled corticosteroids for a year... (13503 views)

Best cat foods. One cat is 13 pounds and 7 years old. He is heavy, but it doesn't look or feel like... (3671 views)

Grove snail care. Dear Dr. Marie, Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want... (10464 views)