Allergy treatment.

Breed: White German Shepher
I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes. Rubbing his face on the furniture. His eyes are not red and no discharge. We took him to the vet back in August. They gave him a cortizon shot and antibiotics ($160). It helped for about 2 weeks. Money is kinda an issue, but i'd do what I had to so he can get healthy again. Please Help.
Thank You, Jason

Sorry to hear that Memphis is having problems with allergies.

There are a few possible reasons why his problems came back again after two weeks.

If there was a skin infection present then usually we need more than 2 weeks of antibiotics in order to totally heal it. So, it may be that the skin infection is coming back again.

If your vet feels that it was the steroid shot that helped then they may be willing to prescribe steroid pills to give long term. Steroid pills (usually prednisone) are very inexpensive.

You can ask your vet if they are suspicious of food allergies. If so, they can prescribe a hypoallergenic food that will help greatly.

I hope he is feeling better son!

CCNU chemotherapy. My 12.5 year old Boxer mix was diagnosed with malignant melanoma last week. Surgery... (10602 views)

Why does guinea pig have pink poop? Hi! I am a big fan! So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink... (13293 views)

Two kittens limping. Yesterday my two indoor 6 month old cats started limping and favoring their dominant... (6336 views)

Help cats to get along. Hello my name is kristbjorg and im from iceland. I have a cat thats 8 months old... (8030 views)

Cat has an itchy head. Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year... (9960 views)

Golden with itchy abdomen. Hello My dog Henri has been constantly licking and chewing his underside inside... (33555 views)

Fishy smelling urine. Hi - my dog Bluebell has had a fishy smell to her urine for quite some time and... (29944 views)

Older cat with problems. Hi there. I really hope that you can answer my question. My cat Derek is obviously... (52419 views)

Golden Retriever Losing Weight. Hi my dog is 13 years old ,and tough he acts fine ,and goes walking everyday,he has... (16668 views)

Swollen nipple. I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to... (25476 views)