Allergy treatment.

Breed: White German Shepher
I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes. Rubbing his face on the furniture. His eyes are not red and no discharge. We took him to the vet back in August. They gave him a cortizon shot and antibiotics ($160). It helped for about 2 weeks. Money is kinda an issue, but i'd do what I had to so he can get healthy again. Please Help.
Thank You, Jason

Sorry to hear that Memphis is having problems with allergies.

There are a few possible reasons why his problems came back again after two weeks.

If there was a skin infection present then usually we need more than 2 weeks of antibiotics in order to totally heal it. So, it may be that the skin infection is coming back again.

If your vet feels that it was the steroid shot that helped then they may be willing to prescribe steroid pills to give long term. Steroid pills (usually prednisone) are very inexpensive.

You can ask your vet if they are suspicious of food allergies. If so, they can prescribe a hypoallergenic food that will help greatly.

I hope he is feeling better son!

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (5597 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (28291 views)

Swollen feet. hey doctor, i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously... (6668 views)

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (12801 views)

Persistent hymen in dog. Mam, i own a female german sheperd. the problem is i cant breed her due to the grown... (13644 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (13305 views)

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (8461 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (9567 views)

Puppy not eating. Hello my 7 month old pup just recently started to eat less. This just started 2... (21030 views)

Lump on paw pad. Hi Dr. Marie! Baileys is a patient of yours at Beechwood Animal Hospital. We were... (44597 views)