When can my dog see other dogs?

Breed: beagle
How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of shots in two weeks then the final set at 14 weeks. Do I have to keep him away from people who own dogs for the entire time?

I usually recommend not letting your dog go anywhere where unknown dogs have been until about a week after the second set of shots.

But, if you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and vaccinated it is ok for your dog to socialize with them.

The main concern is for parvo virus. While it is possible for a person to carry parvo virus on their shoes or clothing, it is extremely unlikely to happen.

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (12396 views)

Guinea pig biting. How I can gently dissuade my guinea pig from nibbling and nipping me? Recently my... (7374 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (4220 views)

Not eating, drinking or peeing. I aquired this 10yr old fixed,declawed male cat a couple of months ago. for about 4... (11088 views)

Long term use of Clavasceptin Dear Dr Marie, Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney... (9058 views)

Grunting pitbull I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I... (10586 views)

Testicles are swollen. Bingo was hit from behind by a car mon nite. He got several cuts on 1 side of face,... (15379 views)

Wound on cat's paw. When I got my cat 3yrs ago he had frostbite on his front pads, they healed good. a... (5001 views)

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (13153 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (7112 views)