When can my dog see other dogs?

Breed: beagle
How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of shots in two weeks then the final set at 14 weeks. Do I have to keep him away from people who own dogs for the entire time?

I usually recommend not letting your dog go anywhere where unknown dogs have been until about a week after the second set of shots.

But, if you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and vaccinated it is ok for your dog to socialize with them.

The main concern is for parvo virus. While it is possible for a person to carry parvo virus on their shoes or clothing, it is extremely unlikely to happen.

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (14511 views)

Cat drooling a lot. emmy has started to drool as of last night. she is drooling a lot. she has never... (167909 views)

Vomiting and elevated liver enzymes. Hi Dr. Marie, I don't know the appropriate name for my dog's breed, but I have... (28577 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (11711 views)

Do cats get pink eye? My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. ... (6292 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (26059 views)

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (13100 views)

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (44613 views)

Chihuahua ate tennis ball. My small, 5lb baby girl chihauha (sp?) was outside playing with our two other dogs. ... (25517 views)

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (9112 views)