When can my dog see other dogs?

Breed: beagle
How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of shots in two weeks then the final set at 14 weeks. Do I have to keep him away from people who own dogs for the entire time?

I usually recommend not letting your dog go anywhere where unknown dogs have been until about a week after the second set of shots.

But, if you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and vaccinated it is ok for your dog to socialize with them.

The main concern is for parvo virus. While it is possible for a person to carry parvo virus on their shoes or clothing, it is extremely unlikely to happen.

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (10685 views)

8 month old kitten producing milk. Hi. My 5 month old kitten (Macy) has been trying to nurse from my 8 month old cat... (5004 views)

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (57263 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (10047 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (8277 views)

Bloated abdomen my dog has been severly bloated for five weeks, at first i thought he had just got... (12075 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (9486 views)

Red sores on mouth. My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get... (13709 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (45070 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (19809 views)