When can my dog see other dogs?

Breed: beagle
How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of shots in two weeks then the final set at 14 weeks. Do I have to keep him away from people who own dogs for the entire time?

I usually recommend not letting your dog go anywhere where unknown dogs have been until about a week after the second set of shots.

But, if you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and vaccinated it is ok for your dog to socialize with them.

The main concern is for parvo virus. While it is possible for a person to carry parvo virus on their shoes or clothing, it is extremely unlikely to happen.

Cat peed on my bed. My neutered male cat has peed on my bed twice now. I've had him for almost a year... (9948 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi there, I have two cats, a male (Duke, long haired tabby) and female (Bella,... (11037 views)

Sudden bulldog death. Hello Dr. Marie, I own a boarding kennel and have for fifteen years. We pride... (34823 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (319540 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (18812 views)

Panting at night on steroids. my 12 year old black lab is on steroids for an auto immune disease and the medicine... (9840 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (12770 views)

Lump between toes. I have noticed an irregular-shaped, red in colour, bumpy lump on the webbing in... (16372 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (15205 views)

Tapeworm and roundworm meds. Is it safe to give my cat praziquantel for his tapeworm 2 days after I gave him... (33630 views)