When can my dog see other dogs?

Breed: beagle
How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of shots in two weeks then the final set at 14 weeks. Do I have to keep him away from people who own dogs for the entire time?

I usually recommend not letting your dog go anywhere where unknown dogs have been until about a week after the second set of shots.

But, if you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and vaccinated it is ok for your dog to socialize with them.

The main concern is for parvo virus. While it is possible for a person to carry parvo virus on their shoes or clothing, it is extremely unlikely to happen.

Human medicine for cats? Dear Whom ever it concerns, Hi my name is Lindsey. I got this stray cat 3-4 months... (12653 views)

Cat bitten by dog. My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward... (6153 views)

Wobbly after seizure. hello, I have a 4 year old husky mix who is epelectic. Hes on phenobarbital and... (38673 views)

Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor Two years ago, Sheena was diagnosed with neurofibrosarcoma, or peripheral nerve... (12512 views)

Getting a second guinea pig. So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna... (7991 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (34227 views)

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (4726 views)

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (5998 views)

Upper respiratory infection. HI Dr. Marie, Ten days ago a neighborhood cat started hanging around my house. I... (9384 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (6281 views)