When can my dog see other dogs?

Breed: beagle
How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of shots in two weeks then the final set at 14 weeks. Do I have to keep him away from people who own dogs for the entire time?

I usually recommend not letting your dog go anywhere where unknown dogs have been until about a week after the second set of shots.

But, if you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and vaccinated it is ok for your dog to socialize with them.

The main concern is for parvo virus. While it is possible for a person to carry parvo virus on their shoes or clothing, it is extremely unlikely to happen.

Yellow vaginal discharge. my female cat has yellow vaginal discharge what does this mean? is it a sign of... (14649 views)

Indestructible dog toys. Hi Dr, Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness. Since his neutering Max... (13993 views)

Puppy not eating. Hello my 7 month old pup just recently started to eat less. This just started 2... (32396 views)

Risks of liver biopsy? Good morning Dr. Marie! Remember me? From last month with Oreo's bile acid test... (25165 views)

Leaking urine on bed. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog has had bladder problems since she was a puppy. She will... (6832 views)

Ovarian remnant syndrome. Hi there, We had our beautiful, angel, female kitten spayed just over one month... (8646 views)

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (12581 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (10058 views)

Oozing boil on dog's paw. My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss... (15183 views)

Sore eye in a dog. Hi, My Yorkie's left eye is squinting; it looks like she can't open it. She has... (28124 views)