When can my dog see other dogs?

Breed: beagle
How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of shots in two weeks then the final set at 14 weeks. Do I have to keep him away from people who own dogs for the entire time?

I usually recommend not letting your dog go anywhere where unknown dogs have been until about a week after the second set of shots.

But, if you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and vaccinated it is ok for your dog to socialize with them.

The main concern is for parvo virus. While it is possible for a person to carry parvo virus on their shoes or clothing, it is extremely unlikely to happen.

Cat with megacolon We have a cat, Poofter, who has mega-colon. The vet prescribed Hills Prescription... (12536 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (52779 views)

Kitten with large belly. Ted is a name we have given to a stray cat that has been coming to our house for the... (11492 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (14710 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (17183 views)

Feeding chicken liver to dogs. I feed Petey a high quality dry dog food in the morning, but I enjoy cooking his... (68085 views)

Calicivirus questions My cat has just had all of her teeth removed because of stomatitis. My vet said... (9914 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (12989 views)

Both dogs having seizures I have 2 dogs. Molly the mixbreed started acting strange about a week ago. not... (12172 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (20260 views)