When can my dog see other dogs?

Breed: beagle
How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of shots in two weeks then the final set at 14 weeks. Do I have to keep him away from people who own dogs for the entire time?

I usually recommend not letting your dog go anywhere where unknown dogs have been until about a week after the second set of shots.

But, if you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and vaccinated it is ok for your dog to socialize with them.

The main concern is for parvo virus. While it is possible for a person to carry parvo virus on their shoes or clothing, it is extremely unlikely to happen.

Dog pees in the house. Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out... (8256 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (10449 views)

Older cat coughing. My cat is heaving like she has a hairball, but nothing is coming up. She is still... (17545 views)

sexing a cat WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it... (9023 views)

Is ketoconazole safe? Hi. My 6 y/o Papillon has suffered fron skin problems his whole life. I've been told... (4857 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (15919 views)

Chicken jerky treats making dog sick My 2 yr old Shizu/Poodle has been scratching and her water intake seems to have... (5891 views)

Metronidazole side effects? My Dog had a surgery Dec 9. The Doctor removed a tumor from his small intestine. He... (15176 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (5552 views)

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (12106 views)