When can my dog see other dogs?

Breed: beagle
How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of shots in two weeks then the final set at 14 weeks. Do I have to keep him away from people who own dogs for the entire time?

I usually recommend not letting your dog go anywhere where unknown dogs have been until about a week after the second set of shots.

But, if you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and vaccinated it is ok for your dog to socialize with them.

The main concern is for parvo virus. While it is possible for a person to carry parvo virus on their shoes or clothing, it is extremely unlikely to happen.

Cat has a sore mouth. My cat does this thing with her mouth as if there's something stuck in her tooth but... (18735 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (9245 views)

Blood in stools. My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and... (10623 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (7452 views)

Infected cut on leg. My dog has a swollen ankle and it seems to be caused by an insect bite or a small... (6623 views)

Cat peeing on the carpet. My cat will not stop urinating on the carpet, she has seen a vet and has no medical... (13122 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (5718 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (6104 views)

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (44327 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (12129 views)