When can my dog see other dogs?

Breed: beagle
How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of shots in two weeks then the final set at 14 weeks. Do I have to keep him away from people who own dogs for the entire time?

I usually recommend not letting your dog go anywhere where unknown dogs have been until about a week after the second set of shots.

But, if you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and vaccinated it is ok for your dog to socialize with them.

The main concern is for parvo virus. While it is possible for a person to carry parvo virus on their shoes or clothing, it is extremely unlikely to happen.

Infected spay incision? Puppy got spayed about 12 days ago and her incision was healing really quickly. Now,... (80548 views)

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (12453 views)

Repeated ear infections. Hi! My dog Opie is a five-and-a-half-year-old, male (neutered) red sable... (14093 views)

Kitten died after anesthetic. Dear Dr. Marie, We are heartbroken. Our 5 MONTH old spyhnx kitten passed away... (9683 views)

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (10110 views)

Addison's disease. I had almost the same experience as the person who wrote you about losing their dog... (20284 views)

Small pink lump on back. My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have... (13643 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hey Dr. Marie (and Happy Holidays!) I noticed about a week ago while petting my... (53008 views)

Green penile discharge. Hi, I have a 7 month old alaskan malamute. I have noticed that he has green... (19939 views)

Stimulus sensitive seizures. Hello, My dog is part pomerainean and part something else. He is about 25lbs. He is... (21515 views)