Bleeding from penis.

Breed: Siberian Husky
My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and goes, He also has a small ball on the head of his penis. There is no blood in his urine.

There are several things that can cause a dog to bleed from the penis.

If he is not neutered, is it possible he has recently bred a female? If so, he can have blood on him from the female. The blood would not be fresh for 2 days, but if he is repeatedly breeding her then you could see blood intermittently.

It's also possible that he has injured his penis. Perhaps he has scratched it? A tiny scratch can produce a lot of bleeding as this area is very vascular.

Some dogs can get a tumor on their penis that can cause bleeding. This would be very uncommon in a 2 year old dog.

If the bleeding continues, or if he seems to be uncomfortable or if he starts to have trouble urinating then he should definitely see a vet.

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (13503 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (8724 views)

Cleansing diet for dogs? I've just heard about the Chinese dog treat scare, and I'm going to check all my... (4266 views)

Died after grooming. Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to... (7424 views)

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (14249 views)

Dog dying of parvo. sage is well......dying of parvo and i want to know ways to make a dog really happy... (14981 views)

Cat is sleeping a lot. My cat has been sleeping a lot in the last two days. Want play. Will eat a little.... (7386 views)

Eyes rolled back in head. About 3 months ago, Bruce's eyes rolled back in his head and become very blood shot.... (38394 views)

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (7044 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (7594 views)