Bleeding from penis.

Breed: Siberian Husky
My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and goes, He also has a small ball on the head of his penis. There is no blood in his urine.

There are several things that can cause a dog to bleed from the penis.

If he is not neutered, is it possible he has recently bred a female? If so, he can have blood on him from the female. The blood would not be fresh for 2 days, but if he is repeatedly breeding her then you could see blood intermittently.

It's also possible that he has injured his penis. Perhaps he has scratched it? A tiny scratch can produce a lot of bleeding as this area is very vascular.

Some dogs can get a tumor on their penis that can cause bleeding. This would be very uncommon in a 2 year old dog.

If the bleeding continues, or if he seems to be uncomfortable or if he starts to have trouble urinating then he should definitely see a vet.

Cat is eating less and vomiting. Bernie has been on Royal Canin wet Overweight Management food for awhile. Lately he... (4671 views)

Dog pees when excited. comit had surgery done to remove a hernia and the vets said it was of most good to... (9915 views)

Cat not eating. About 2 Weeks ago I took Emma to the Vet because pretty much overnight her Appetite... (10546 views)

Cat's tail fell off. My cat is a male, seven year old, siamese crossed with ginger named Skittles. Around... (41457 views)

Puppy died suddenly. I came home after being gone for 3 hours. We have baby Pomeranians 6 weeks old. They... (18096 views)

White bumps on anus. Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am... (19129 views)

Dog died after injections. Our 12 yo 12 lb healthy mini dachsund fell off our bed in the middle of the night.... (5151 views)

Gunky eyes in kittens. Hello, We have four newborn kittens--19 days old. One died 2 days ago--we... (9150 views)

Cat has flaky skin. My Maine Coon, Nino has had flaky skin for quite awhile. I had him at the vet a few... (8245 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (23093 views)