Bleeding from penis.

Breed: Siberian Husky
My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and goes, He also has a small ball on the head of his penis. There is no blood in his urine.

There are several things that can cause a dog to bleed from the penis.

If he is not neutered, is it possible he has recently bred a female? If so, he can have blood on him from the female. The blood would not be fresh for 2 days, but if he is repeatedly breeding her then you could see blood intermittently.

It's also possible that he has injured his penis. Perhaps he has scratched it? A tiny scratch can produce a lot of bleeding as this area is very vascular.

Some dogs can get a tumor on their penis that can cause bleeding. This would be very uncommon in a 2 year old dog.

If the bleeding continues, or if he seems to be uncomfortable or if he starts to have trouble urinating then he should definitely see a vet.

Does my cat have a hernia? Hi, My cat was operated on Thursday. My vet suspected that there may have been a... (24777 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (73625 views)

Problems after enema. Hello. Our 2 year old cat has had two bouts with constipation that required a... (32830 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (32966 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (14669 views)

Freckles on a dog's belly. Francois has developed some brown spots on his belly and testicles. He licks in... (22258 views)

High bile acids Hi Dr. Marie Over the course of the past 9 months, my dog Oreo's liver enzymes... (47476 views)

Pancreatitis and HGE. I had my Cooper put to sleep 3 weeks ago today. On the Monday before, he vomited... (39877 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (5392 views)

Need spanish to be a vet? I am wishing to go into the veterinary workforce, and I would love to know if you... (11796 views)