Bleeding from penis.

Breed: Siberian Husky
My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and goes, He also has a small ball on the head of his penis. There is no blood in his urine.

There are several things that can cause a dog to bleed from the penis.

If he is not neutered, is it possible he has recently bred a female? If so, he can have blood on him from the female. The blood would not be fresh for 2 days, but if he is repeatedly breeding her then you could see blood intermittently.

It's also possible that he has injured his penis. Perhaps he has scratched it? A tiny scratch can produce a lot of bleeding as this area is very vascular.

Some dogs can get a tumor on their penis that can cause bleeding. This would be very uncommon in a 2 year old dog.

If the bleeding continues, or if he seems to be uncomfortable or if he starts to have trouble urinating then he should definitely see a vet.

15 year old dog with kidney failure. My dog Gyppie had a bloody stool, large. We took her to the vet. He ran blood work,... (8006 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (7981 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (30294 views)

Lump on paw pad. Hi Dr. Marie! Baileys is a patient of yours at Beechwood Animal Hospital. We were... (44949 views)

Should we put down out cat? Good evening. My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still... (5167 views)

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (5139 views)

Sore eye in a dog. Hi, My Yorkie's left eye is squinting; it looks like she can't open it. She has... (24578 views)

Dog having seizures. Hi Dr. Marie, My regular vet left to go on holiday today and after calling the... (15111 views)

Paralyzed dog. O.K, here is the deal. Our dog Sadie was diagnosed with a ruptured disc (L2) I... (44320 views)

Elderly cat not eating. my cat is elderly, arthritic and diabetic - but very lovely :) she was diagnosed... (5404 views)