Bleeding from penis.

Breed: Siberian Husky
My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and goes, He also has a small ball on the head of his penis. There is no blood in his urine.

There are several things that can cause a dog to bleed from the penis.

If he is not neutered, is it possible he has recently bred a female? If so, he can have blood on him from the female. The blood would not be fresh for 2 days, but if he is repeatedly breeding her then you could see blood intermittently.

It's also possible that he has injured his penis. Perhaps he has scratched it? A tiny scratch can produce a lot of bleeding as this area is very vascular.

Some dogs can get a tumor on their penis that can cause bleeding. This would be very uncommon in a 2 year old dog.

If the bleeding continues, or if he seems to be uncomfortable or if he starts to have trouble urinating then he should definitely see a vet.

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (103387 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (6027 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (60290 views)

Chinese Crested with diarrhea This is breed that loses their teeth (starting at an early age) as they age.... (12040 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (7528 views)

Recurrent bladder infection. I have a four month old pug puppy that has had symptoms of UTI since 4/8/13. She is... (14267 views)

Clindamycin overdose? I have been caring for Sox, a feral. Awhile back Sox started coughing on and off... (10245 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (23378 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (20542 views)

Cat with megacolon. My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks... (8605 views)