Dog biting at tail.

Breed: Sibearian Husky
My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our old dog was biting before he got sick and we had to put him down. I was thinking fleas but its not really flea season. Please reaspond.
Thank you for your time,
Hunter Smith

Related Article: Your Pet Has Fleas!

If a dog is biting at the tail region the most common reason for this is definitely an allergy to fleas. You're right that we don't see fleas as often in the winter, but this year I have still been seeing a number of animals with fleas.

You're welcome to reply and I can tell you how to get a picture to me if you'd like.

But I'd highly recommend a good quality flea product such as Advantage, Revolution or Frontline be used.

Many dogs with flea problems also need steroids or antibiotics so a vet visit may be necessary.

Dentistry on older cat. My cat, who is a 19 year old spayed male we have had his entire life is fairly... (15033 views)

Large red spots on dog's stomach. When I got home from work today, my dog had several large red spots on his stomach.... (169576 views)

Is Okra toxic to dogs? Without thinking, I gave my dog a small amount (appx 1/4 cup) of oven fried... (58801 views)

Red spot near vulva. My six-year-old spayed, lab mix has a small red area near her vulva. She bites and... (23009 views)

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (82418 views)

sexing a cat WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it... (9284 views)

Bladder stones again. Hi there My cat had 100% blockage of urethra in Sept 2009, and underwent PU... (11606 views)

Should I withhold water? My zoe has just beem dignosed with diabetes we just brought her home today and we r... (9985 views)

Vomiting and elevated liver enzymes. Hi Dr. Marie, I don't know the appropriate name for my dog's breed, but I have... (24853 views)

Hypothermic dog. Two days ago my black lab pup fell threw some ice, he was in the water for about 5... (9706 views)