Dog biting at tail.

Breed: Sibearian Husky
My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our old dog was biting before he got sick and we had to put him down. I was thinking fleas but its not really flea season. Please reaspond.
Thank you for your time,
Hunter Smith

Related Article: Your Pet Has Fleas!

If a dog is biting at the tail region the most common reason for this is definitely an allergy to fleas. You're right that we don't see fleas as often in the winter, but this year I have still been seeing a number of animals with fleas.

You're welcome to reply and I can tell you how to get a picture to me if you'd like.

But I'd highly recommend a good quality flea product such as Advantage, Revolution or Frontline be used.

Many dogs with flea problems also need steroids or antibiotics so a vet visit may be necessary.

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (12094 views)

Pit bull has bald patches. Hi, we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and... (6622 views)

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (21107 views)

Sick kitten We recently found this kitten last week outside, when we found him we estimated that... (11528 views)

Will I be forced to euthanize? Hello, i have a 14 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix (50-60 lb and on the smaller... (11630 views)

Puffy cat ear. Dr. Marie, my cat Dexter has developed some type of a bump on his right ear. It's... (31585 views)

Should older dog be spayed? Hi, I have a 10 years old chihuahua, she has no obvious health issues other than... (12893 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (11870 views)

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (15336 views)

Reusing thermometers I took my Lhasa Apso, Monroe, to Banfield at PetSmart today. He is having issues... (15115 views)