Dog biting at tail.

Breed: Sibearian Husky
My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our old dog was biting before he got sick and we had to put him down. I was thinking fleas but its not really flea season. Please reaspond.
Thank you for your time,
Hunter Smith

Related Article: Your Pet Has Fleas!

If a dog is biting at the tail region the most common reason for this is definitely an allergy to fleas. You're right that we don't see fleas as often in the winter, but this year I have still been seeing a number of animals with fleas.

You're welcome to reply and I can tell you how to get a picture to me if you'd like.

But I'd highly recommend a good quality flea product such as Advantage, Revolution or Frontline be used.

Many dogs with flea problems also need steroids or antibiotics so a vet visit may be necessary.

Cat with bloody diarrhea iam also a vet from pakistan.i want to ask that if a cat has bloody diarrhoea;wat i... (8230 views)

Head tremor in a cat. Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Wildwood has been lethargic for the past 2 days, along with... (35596 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (9090 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (19411 views)

Vomiting undigested food. My cat primarily eats dry food. She frequently vomits undigested food.What can I do... (14413 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (22903 views)

bloat in boerboels Hello. I'm currently looking at information about the boerboel. I'm thinking about... (12022 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (28880 views)

Lump between toes. I have noticed an irregular-shaped, red in colour, bumpy lump on the webbing in... (15197 views)

Vomiting pregnant cat. hello dr.vet my cat was with a male 2 weeks ago yesterday she started to vomit 5... (7692 views)