Dog biting at tail.

Breed: Sibearian Husky
My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our old dog was biting before he got sick and we had to put him down. I was thinking fleas but its not really flea season. Please reaspond.
Thank you for your time,
Hunter Smith

Related Article: Your Pet Has Fleas!

If a dog is biting at the tail region the most common reason for this is definitely an allergy to fleas. You're right that we don't see fleas as often in the winter, but this year I have still been seeing a number of animals with fleas.

You're welcome to reply and I can tell you how to get a picture to me if you'd like.

But I'd highly recommend a good quality flea product such as Advantage, Revolution or Frontline be used.

Many dogs with flea problems also need steroids or antibiotics so a vet visit may be necessary.

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (8316 views)

Tumor on spinal cord. My dog is diagnosed with cancer. An NMR has been done. The tumor is affecting his... (6734 views)

Chin acne. Hi there, My cat came down with a case of feline acne, probably caused by stress,... (10224 views)

Conjunctivitis zoonotic? My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who... (13858 views)

Horrible euthanasia experience Why was my pets euthanasia a nightmare? I brought my cat Jack in for euthanasia... (10089 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (6685 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (9754 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (7915 views)

Stroke or brain tumor? I have been doing a lot of searching on the internet over the weekend and am glad... (11664 views)

Dog shedding like crazy. my dog is shedding like crazy year round what should i do? ... (11254 views)