Dog biting at tail.

Breed: Sibearian Husky
My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our old dog was biting before he got sick and we had to put him down. I was thinking fleas but its not really flea season. Please reaspond.
Thank you for your time,
Hunter Smith

Related Article: Your Pet Has Fleas!

If a dog is biting at the tail region the most common reason for this is definitely an allergy to fleas. You're right that we don't see fleas as often in the winter, but this year I have still been seeing a number of animals with fleas.

You're welcome to reply and I can tell you how to get a picture to me if you'd like.

But I'd highly recommend a good quality flea product such as Advantage, Revolution or Frontline be used.

Many dogs with flea problems also need steroids or antibiotics so a vet visit may be necessary.

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (35563 views)

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (10947 views)

Start thryoid medicine? Biscuit has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (T4 > 7). He has lost 1 pound... (8317 views)

Chronic pancreatitis flareup. Kasma is currently being treated for chronic pancreatitis...she's been on... (7025 views)

Did cat die from eating fertilizer? Hello, a couple of days ago I found one of my cats dead in the garden. Although he... (10707 views)

Cat's stomach making noises My cat's stomach has been making noises today including gurgling and rumbling. This... (192834 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (71451 views)

UTI has returned? We are currently living abroad in Kazakhstan. Vet care here is not what we are used... (32227 views)

Lump on dog's chin. My dachshund has a bump on his lower lip that looks like a blood blister? Could it... (41389 views)

Itchy dog. Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got... (5725 views)