Dog biting at tail.

Breed: Sibearian Husky
My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our old dog was biting before he got sick and we had to put him down. I was thinking fleas but its not really flea season. Please reaspond.
Thank you for your time,
Hunter Smith

Related Article: Your Pet Has Fleas!

If a dog is biting at the tail region the most common reason for this is definitely an allergy to fleas. You're right that we don't see fleas as often in the winter, but this year I have still been seeing a number of animals with fleas.

You're welcome to reply and I can tell you how to get a picture to me if you'd like.

But I'd highly recommend a good quality flea product such as Advantage, Revolution or Frontline be used.

Many dogs with flea problems also need steroids or antibiotics so a vet visit may be necessary.

Jack Russel skin problems. My Jack Russel has bad skin. Every now and again she gets really itchy and has bald... (16838 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (10765 views)

Wheezing then died. We adopted a cat from a family that could not keep him any longer because they just... (8229 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (13066 views)

Dog's nails are breaking. My dog is about 10 years old and shows no signs of any illness. Recently, her nails... (9236 views)

What is this red lump on my dog's leg? dear dr marie, in the last week this oozy boil-like bump has shown up on my dog`s... (229824 views)

Does my cat have cancer? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 3rd time writing to... (16382 views)

Canine herpes on vulva. Hi there, One of my girls was bred on April 2, natural tie observed. This is her... (24678 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (16353 views)

Dog leaking urine. Good Evening. Charlot is a rescued dog so I do know his history prior to his new... (13521 views)