Dog biting at tail.

Breed: Sibearian Husky
My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our old dog was biting before he got sick and we had to put him down. I was thinking fleas but its not really flea season. Please reaspond.
Thank you for your time,
Hunter Smith

Related Article: Your Pet Has Fleas!

If a dog is biting at the tail region the most common reason for this is definitely an allergy to fleas. You're right that we don't see fleas as often in the winter, but this year I have still been seeing a number of animals with fleas.

You're welcome to reply and I can tell you how to get a picture to me if you'd like.

But I'd highly recommend a good quality flea product such as Advantage, Revolution or Frontline be used.

Many dogs with flea problems also need steroids or antibiotics so a vet visit may be necessary.

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (9400 views)

Lump on dog's head. Within a week or two I noticed a bump on Badger's head (about center back behind... (34948 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (37213 views)

Flea problems. My dog Roxie has had a flea dip and has had her last months flea treatment, but she... (9880 views)

Found bug in dog's ear. Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been... (11002 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (10057 views)

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (9745 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (41496 views)

Cat having trouble urinating. I have a cat, a very lively talkative cat, who is displaying health problems. She... (8021 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (14693 views)