Clear discharge from eye.

Breed: Moggy/none
Hi there,

My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye for the past two days. It doesn't seem to affect her and doesn't appear to cause her any pain but her eye looks a bit watery and she is having a little trouble keeping it fully open.

Is this worth going to a vet about or should I see if it clears up?

While I don't normally get too concerned about a clear discharge from the eye of a cat, if her eye is squinting then, yes, she should be checked out.

It may be an early sign of infection or it's possible that she has scratched her cornea (the front of the eye).

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (6288 views)

Overdose of Xanax. Can forty .5 mg pills of Alprazolam Kill a 6 pound chihuahua? came home and found my... (78636 views)

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (14204 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (11565 views)

Brown spots on belly. Hello, I have a five year old Pomeranian mix (25lbs). Within the last few weeks I... (15750 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (4600 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (13902 views)

Cat having trouble urinating. I have a cat, a very lively talkative cat, who is displaying health problems. She... (6908 views)

Sneezing dog. My 1 year old Chihuahua has been sneezing and reverse sneezing for the last couple... (25271 views)

Can't close mouth. Hi! My cat is 21 years old. Just recently its like his lower jaw has shifted to the... (11054 views)