Clear discharge from eye.

Breed: Moggy/none
Hi there,

My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye for the past two days. It doesn't seem to affect her and doesn't appear to cause her any pain but her eye looks a bit watery and she is having a little trouble keeping it fully open.

Is this worth going to a vet about or should I see if it clears up?

While I don't normally get too concerned about a clear discharge from the eye of a cat, if her eye is squinting then, yes, she should be checked out.

It may be an early sign of infection or it's possible that she has scratched her cornea (the front of the eye).

Wheezing dog. My dog wheezes just after going on a walk with me and then proceeds to act sick or... (7782 views)

Baby shampoo for a cat? My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his... (16970 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't... (11169 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (43096 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (6356 views)

Cat not eating since new kitten arrived. My cat's behavior has changed quite a bit and won't eat. I will explain when he... (22792 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (54891 views)

Dog died suddenly. Dr. Marie - We had a Yorkshire Terrier (would have been 12 years old in August).... (70811 views)

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (10666 views)

High ALKP and bile acids. Hi Dr. Marie I value your opinion so much and I do respect and understand that... (16996 views)