Clear discharge from eye.

Breed: Moggy/none
Hi there,

My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye for the past two days. It doesn't seem to affect her and doesn't appear to cause her any pain but her eye looks a bit watery and she is having a little trouble keeping it fully open.

Is this worth going to a vet about or should I see if it clears up?

While I don't normally get too concerned about a clear discharge from the eye of a cat, if her eye is squinting then, yes, she should be checked out.

It may be an early sign of infection or it's possible that she has scratched her cornea (the front of the eye).

Eye closed in hamster. My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with... (30519 views)

Bump on ribcage. Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where... (17123 views)

Dog ate twigs and stuffing. Dr Marie, On Tuesday, unfortunately I had to fire the pet sitter due to... (16056 views)

Dog died of pancreatitis. My yorkie died at the vets. She was 10 and a half. I fed her new dog food... (32319 views)

Lump on boxer's neck. Hi, My six yr. old female boxer has a large AA egg size growth below the right tmj... (52356 views)

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (8953 views)

Carnassial tooth slab fracture. Hello Dr. Marie! Thanks for offering this service! My 3 year old dog has... (11344 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma questions. Hello Dr. Marie, What is the typical procedure to removal meibomian gland... (15670 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her... (12822 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (32092 views)