Clear discharge from eye.

Breed: Moggy/none
Hi there,

My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye for the past two days. It doesn't seem to affect her and doesn't appear to cause her any pain but her eye looks a bit watery and she is having a little trouble keeping it fully open.

Is this worth going to a vet about or should I see if it clears up?

While I don't normally get too concerned about a clear discharge from the eye of a cat, if her eye is squinting then, yes, she should be checked out.

It may be an early sign of infection or it's possible that she has scratched her cornea (the front of the eye).

Lump on dog. Hi Dr Marie, I realize your answer to this may be a best guess... But today I... (12312 views)

Red lump between dog's toes. Hello I noticed that Sam has a big red swellen bump between second and third... (90218 views)

Chinese Crested with diarrhea This is breed that loses their teeth (starting at an early age) as they age.... (10028 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis. Jet has started making sounds like he is gasping for breath and then coughs. This... (12939 views)

Sedative after heartworm treatment? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 and a half year old boxer/lab that is being treated... (13465 views)

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (14897 views)

Guinea pig jumping out of my arms. I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks.... (5883 views)

Bad breath in dog. My dog is 12 yrs old and has very bad breath. I lost my husband 21/2 yrs ago and I... (17552 views)

Palliative care vs. euthanasia? Hello. First let me say that this turned out to be long and probably rambling. ... (11671 views)

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (14746 views)