Clear discharge from eye.

Breed: Moggy/none
Hi there,

My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye for the past two days. It doesn't seem to affect her and doesn't appear to cause her any pain but her eye looks a bit watery and she is having a little trouble keeping it fully open.

Is this worth going to a vet about or should I see if it clears up?

While I don't normally get too concerned about a clear discharge from the eye of a cat, if her eye is squinting then, yes, she should be checked out.

It may be an early sign of infection or it's possible that she has scratched her cornea (the front of the eye).

Dog is shaking I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of... (83277 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (8645 views)

Dog ate absorbent chicken pad. My dog just ate one of those absorbent pads from a chicken meat tray......would this... (76092 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (31112 views)

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (59117 views)

Itchy legs. Kirsty was diagnosed with a skin allergey just after one year which has been... (5233 views)

Dog's face is swollen. my dog's face is swollen, her muzzle is swollen on both sides and very firm/hard... (130005 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (10070 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (14894 views)

Neomycin dangerous to cats? by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (16702 views)