Clear discharge from eye.

Breed: Moggy/none
Hi there,

My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye for the past two days. It doesn't seem to affect her and doesn't appear to cause her any pain but her eye looks a bit watery and she is having a little trouble keeping it fully open.

Is this worth going to a vet about or should I see if it clears up?

While I don't normally get too concerned about a clear discharge from the eye of a cat, if her eye is squinting then, yes, she should be checked out.

It may be an early sign of infection or it's possible that she has scratched her cornea (the front of the eye).

Seizures in a Yorkie. This past Monday she had an episode where she went limp and wasn't responsive to her... (24753 views)

Frontline and capstar but still has fleas. My cat has fleas. We have treated him with capstar and frontline, given him a flea... (21345 views)

How often is heat cycle? Bonnie is a pure chocolate labrador & was 6 in september (2011). I'm wondering how... (27723 views)

Lump on Rottweiler's leg. Dear Dr Marie Recently, I notice my dog has a lump or growth(white round bumpy... (16319 views)

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (8387 views)

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (60977 views)

Aggressive with food. Dear Dr. Marie: My husband and I adopted our kitten, Tigger, last April, so we've... (5803 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (15046 views)

Liver disease in a cat. Ruby is 8 years old, and was diagnosed with liver disease last Thursday. I could... (16943 views)

Is diaphragmatic hernia causing problems? My 15 year old doggie, Pepper has been diagnosed with a diaphragmatic hernia & the... (6998 views)