Do cats get pink eye?

Breed:
My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. When she woke up fri a it was sealed shut and had puss on it. She wiped it with a warm wet cloth and kitty opened her eye. When I got home last night her eyes were open and she is acting quite normal but there is some crusty black residue around both eyes. To be honest, my funds are terribly tight and unless she really needs to go I simply don't have the money for an extra vet bill. If she really needs to be seen of course I will take her. Thank you so much for your expertise!!!!

Cats actually don't get pink eye. If a cat has a red eye with discharge it usually means that there is infection there. Now, most of the time, the infection needs prescription antibiotic medication in order to be cleared up. I have had cases, however that have cleared up on their own so if you feel that Daisy is doing better it may be ok to wait a day or two.

Here are some reasons that you would definitely need to go to the vet:

-green or yellow discharge that lasts more than 24 hours.
-if she is squinting her eye
-if she doesn't want to eat.

I hope she is feeling better soon!

Why did my kitten die? I came home last night to find my kitten laying dead in her kennel. We rescued her... (10124 views)

deramaxx, Dasuquin and AdvantixIII Is it ok for Casey to be on deramaxx desaquin and k9advantix 2... (5989 views)

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (17453 views)

Staffordshire terriers and children. I have two female staffies who are extremely close, but who will nip and snarl at... (6073 views)

Sores on dog's nose. Dr. Marie- Our dog has been breaking out in sore/boil/blister type bumps on his... (74375 views)

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (4876 views)

cat with trouble breathing I have a cat named Bunny, she is about 4 or 5 years old, she is a little over... (21847 views)

Vomiting and congested. Got a new kitten Older cat now is throwing up saliva in its mouth and has now... (16401 views)

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (9844 views)

Diabetic cat problems. I have a diabetic cat who gets 4ml ProZinc 2x per day with meals. Normally she is... (5332 views)