Do cats get pink eye?

Breed:
My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. When she woke up fri a it was sealed shut and had puss on it. She wiped it with a warm wet cloth and kitty opened her eye. When I got home last night her eyes were open and she is acting quite normal but there is some crusty black residue around both eyes. To be honest, my funds are terribly tight and unless she really needs to go I simply don't have the money for an extra vet bill. If she really needs to be seen of course I will take her. Thank you so much for your expertise!!!!

Cats actually don't get pink eye. If a cat has a red eye with discharge it usually means that there is infection there. Now, most of the time, the infection needs prescription antibiotic medication in order to be cleared up. I have had cases, however that have cleared up on their own so if you feel that Daisy is doing better it may be ok to wait a day or two.

Here are some reasons that you would definitely need to go to the vet:

-green or yellow discharge that lasts more than 24 hours.
-if she is squinting her eye
-if she doesn't want to eat.

I hope she is feeling better soon!

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (8201 views)

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (15629 views)

Puppy walking in circles. Cj ended. Up missing found him at the shelter his ears(normally lay down) are... (11028 views)

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (14495 views)

Feline acne? Dr. Marie, About a week ago I noticed a small grayish black nodule on my cat's... (18600 views)

Red spot near vulva. My six-year-old spayed, lab mix has a small red area near her vulva. She bites and... (17748 views)

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (20305 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (25795 views)

Feeding a cat with fatty liver. Hi Dr. Marie, I am in a bit of a muddy situation. My client changed vets for ONE of... (5513 views)

Chronic and acute kidney disease. My dog is a 3 and half year old toy poodle. About 3 month before, he was diagnosed... (7235 views)