Do cats get pink eye?

Breed:
My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. When she woke up fri a it was sealed shut and had puss on it. She wiped it with a warm wet cloth and kitty opened her eye. When I got home last night her eyes were open and she is acting quite normal but there is some crusty black residue around both eyes. To be honest, my funds are terribly tight and unless she really needs to go I simply don't have the money for an extra vet bill. If she really needs to be seen of course I will take her. Thank you so much for your expertise!!!!

Cats actually don't get pink eye. If a cat has a red eye with discharge it usually means that there is infection there. Now, most of the time, the infection needs prescription antibiotic medication in order to be cleared up. I have had cases, however that have cleared up on their own so if you feel that Daisy is doing better it may be ok to wait a day or two.

Here are some reasons that you would definitely need to go to the vet:

-green or yellow discharge that lasts more than 24 hours.
-if she is squinting her eye
-if she doesn't want to eat.

I hope she is feeling better soon!

Infection in nose and eye. HI, My dog Bear is 10 yr old black Lab. He weighs 110lb he is overweight, but he is... (5430 views)

Not eating or drinking and is painful. My cat tink 3 yrs seems very poorly he hasn't eaten or drank for 2 days now is very... (2778 views)

Limping, stiff chihuahua. Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not... (10422 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (4994 views)

Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (4906 views)

Understanding biopsy report. Hi Dr. Marie, I imagine you are getting sick of hearing from me. I'm... (3658 views)

Puppy is very hyper. Gracey was born on July 6th..so she will be six months soon. We have had dogs all... (5617 views)

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (11823 views)

Human mouthwash for dog? Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a... (12954 views)

Black spot on Hamster's skin. my hamster has a black spot under his hair.should he have this?????????????. he is a... (14181 views)