Do cats get pink eye?

Breed:
My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. When she woke up fri a it was sealed shut and had puss on it. She wiped it with a warm wet cloth and kitty opened her eye. When I got home last night her eyes were open and she is acting quite normal but there is some crusty black residue around both eyes. To be honest, my funds are terribly tight and unless she really needs to go I simply don't have the money for an extra vet bill. If she really needs to be seen of course I will take her. Thank you so much for your expertise!!!!

Cats actually don't get pink eye. If a cat has a red eye with discharge it usually means that there is infection there. Now, most of the time, the infection needs prescription antibiotic medication in order to be cleared up. I have had cases, however that have cleared up on their own so if you feel that Daisy is doing better it may be ok to wait a day or two.

Here are some reasons that you would definitely need to go to the vet:

-green or yellow discharge that lasts more than 24 hours.
-if she is squinting her eye
-if she doesn't want to eat.

I hope she is feeling better soon!

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (10584 views)

Cat is despondent. My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick. I'll try anything to get some life... (6594 views)

Bad smell on dog. Our doxie gets the worst smell coming from her vagina area. Whatever she sits on,... (108097 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (13504 views)

Peeing in house and throwing up. My dog has not woke us up to be let ouside since he has been house trained. A... (45814 views)

Mast cell tumor. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog, Jammy, has had a small lump near her neck that filled up... (10809 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (59028 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (177731 views)

Male cat has large breasts. Recently (2-3 weeks), my 8 year old male tabby cat has, what seem to be, slightly... (19530 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (31766 views)