Do cats get pink eye?

Breed:
My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. When she woke up fri a it was sealed shut and had puss on it. She wiped it with a warm wet cloth and kitty opened her eye. When I got home last night her eyes were open and she is acting quite normal but there is some crusty black residue around both eyes. To be honest, my funds are terribly tight and unless she really needs to go I simply don't have the money for an extra vet bill. If she really needs to be seen of course I will take her. Thank you so much for your expertise!!!!

Cats actually don't get pink eye. If a cat has a red eye with discharge it usually means that there is infection there. Now, most of the time, the infection needs prescription antibiotic medication in order to be cleared up. I have had cases, however that have cleared up on their own so if you feel that Daisy is doing better it may be ok to wait a day or two.

Here are some reasons that you would definitely need to go to the vet:

-green or yellow discharge that lasts more than 24 hours.
-if she is squinting her eye
-if she doesn't want to eat.

I hope she is feeling better soon!

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (27746 views)

Puppy not eating. Hello my 7 month old pup just recently started to eat less. This just started 2... (13735 views)

Itchy spot on thigh. my dog has started scratching his inner hind leg on one side and he licked and... (3919 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (3831 views)

Swollen dog testicles. can dogs get testuculer or prostate cancers? my dog has swollen testicles, and is... (31267 views)

Dog walking sideways. Hello Dr. Here is my question, So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and... (35156 views)

Swollen vulva. My dog was in heat a few months ago and her vagina is still swollen. What shouldI... (30835 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (8540 views)

Iverheart Plus and Max. i have been giving my dog Heartgard Plus for heartworm prevention; i recently... (22765 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. I raise and show Devon Rexes. I have a litter of 6 kittens that were 8 weeks old... (6990 views)