Do cats get pink eye?

Breed:
My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. When she woke up fri a it was sealed shut and had puss on it. She wiped it with a warm wet cloth and kitty opened her eye. When I got home last night her eyes were open and she is acting quite normal but there is some crusty black residue around both eyes. To be honest, my funds are terribly tight and unless she really needs to go I simply don't have the money for an extra vet bill. If she really needs to be seen of course I will take her. Thank you so much for your expertise!!!!

Cats actually don't get pink eye. If a cat has a red eye with discharge it usually means that there is infection there. Now, most of the time, the infection needs prescription antibiotic medication in order to be cleared up. I have had cases, however that have cleared up on their own so if you feel that Daisy is doing better it may be ok to wait a day or two.

Here are some reasons that you would definitely need to go to the vet:

-green or yellow discharge that lasts more than 24 hours.
-if she is squinting her eye
-if she doesn't want to eat.

I hope she is feeling better soon!

Lethargic kitten after spay. My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her... (14795 views)

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (16657 views)

Hamster cough. Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a... (9989 views)

Dog ate collar. Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a... (13472 views)

Very sick kitty. just found you, wish we had found you earlier. maybe kitty will still be with us... (5138 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (30789 views)

Possible demodectic mange. We live in Bangladesh an are unable to obtian decent vet care for my dog. I am... (39714 views)

Feline leukemia contagious? I'm feeding a neighbor's cat that has feline leukemia. I have cats of my own. Is it... (8474 views)

Stop dog fighting. Hi I have 3 dogs and the one dog is a bit pushy towards the other dogs, she will... (4700 views)

Why did dog die? My dog, Runway, died suddenly early sunday morning, at about 1:00am. I am wondering... (14336 views)