Sore gums in chihuahua.

Breed: Chihuahua
My dog's gums are very sensitive. I tried brushing them and on the right side, they bled a little but on the left side, he got really agitated. What could I do to stop this until I can get him to a vet?

Chihuahuas are famous for having dental issues. Unfortunately if you are seeing red gums this probably means either gingivitis or periodontitis. When this happens the only decent option we have is to have the teeth scaled and polished under a general anesthetic.

Some dogs with dental disease will tolerate using a chlorhexadine rinse. This is something you can buy from your vet and it is not terribly expensive. It may help a little bit but it will only be temporary.

If you can't afford a dental cleaning right away your vet may be willing to prescribe some antibiotics which will help for a short period as well.

I hope everything goes ok!

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (10434 views)

Natural treatment for lymphoma? my dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. hes on prednisone. cant afford... (9077 views)

Dog eating his own poop. My dog is eating his poo. He eats his poop whenever he gets the chance! Is there... (10315 views)

Cat can't pee. Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to... (12944 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (12437 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (17565 views)

Dog eats my underwear. This is going to sound weird but this is a real question. My dog keeps licking mine... (41878 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (8019 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (29054 views)

Red spot on dog's neck. I just noticed a red spot on my pug. I will try to attach a picture. It's on his... (20633 views)