Large lump on back.

Breed: mutt
hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at all but i was curious what you think it could be.it looks like it keeps getting bigger.right now it's the size of a softball. should i be concerned about it being something that will eventually get so bad i will have to put him down. thank you in advance for your response.

There are lots of things that this can be.

It may be a lipoma which is a fat lump and nothing to worry about.

It could be an abscess. If this is the case it will need some surgery and antibiotics.

Any time there is a lump I recommend having a vet take a look.

The vet should be able to tell you whether there is a concern for cancer or not.

Dog cowers and pees. my dog seems afraid of me when i call her over she cowers and pees when she walks... (16093 views)

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (7863 views)

Rib poking out. I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his... (44313 views)

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (262125 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (13998 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (63304 views)

Dogs eyes are lazy. Within the past 2 days I have noticed my dog's eyes are turing outward, like they... (104450 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (13415 views)

Should I get an ultrasound? Dear Dr. Marie, My dog has a grade 3-4 heart murmur that she’s had her whole... (12500 views)

Wheezing kitten. Hi! I found Trinity a week or two ago. She was very friendly but looked (and... (10590 views)