Large lump on back.

Breed: mutt
hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at all but i was curious what you think it could be.it looks like it keeps getting bigger.right now it's the size of a softball. should i be concerned about it being something that will eventually get so bad i will have to put him down. thank you in advance for your response.

There are lots of things that this can be.

It may be a lipoma which is a fat lump and nothing to worry about.

It could be an abscess. If this is the case it will need some surgery and antibiotics.

Any time there is a lump I recommend having a vet take a look.

The vet should be able to tell you whether there is a concern for cancer or not.

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (23413 views)

Itchy bumps on back. I took my dog to get groomed about 6 weeks ago and I noticed that she got a few... (11624 views)

Rat bleeding from eye. It started about 4-5 weeks ago when I noticed my girl was bleeding from her eye and... (19234 views)

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (4637 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (18153 views)

Is Tropiclean safe? Dear Dr. Marie: Hello! I am writing to ask about giving a water additive to my... (18686 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (6860 views)

Guinea pig with mammary tumor. what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!... (12531 views)

what kind of dog to get Hi Please help! I want to get my Golden Retriever (male) a friend, but not... (6168 views)

Cat won't use litter box. I have a 7 month old female cat, I have had her vet checked and she has no problems.... (9221 views)