Large lump on back.

Breed: mutt
hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at all but i was curious what you think it could be.it looks like it keeps getting bigger.right now it's the size of a softball. should i be concerned about it being something that will eventually get so bad i will have to put him down. thank you in advance for your response.

There are lots of things that this can be.

It may be a lipoma which is a fat lump and nothing to worry about.

It could be an abscess. If this is the case it will need some surgery and antibiotics.

Any time there is a lump I recommend having a vet take a look.

The vet should be able to tell you whether there is a concern for cancer or not.

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (11019 views)

Peeing in house and throwing up. My dog has not woke us up to be let ouside since he has been house trained. A... (44267 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (7019 views)

Black spots on tongue. Hypothyroidism? My dog seems to have multiple symptoms... Harsh,dry cough, hair falling out in... (5991 views)

Dog with phlegm from mouth hi my dog has thick phlegm like mucus coming out of his mout has seemed ill for the... (45363 views)

Dog drank a mug of hot chocolate. what should i do my dog is 2,7 kg and she might die because she is SO small please... (28810 views)

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (10490 views)

Basset Hound whining. My basset has seemed to be more whiny latley than usual. I felt around his joints... (8899 views)

Dog shedding like crazy. my dog is shedding like crazy year round what should i do? ... (10526 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (11376 views)