Large lump on back.

Breed: mutt
hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at all but i was curious what you think it could be.it looks like it keeps getting bigger.right now it's the size of a softball. should i be concerned about it being something that will eventually get so bad i will have to put him down. thank you in advance for your response.

There are lots of things that this can be.

It may be a lipoma which is a fat lump and nothing to worry about.

It could be an abscess. If this is the case it will need some surgery and antibiotics.

Any time there is a lump I recommend having a vet take a look.

The vet should be able to tell you whether there is a concern for cancer or not.

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (28094 views)

Information on parvo virus. Hello dr., I am a senior in high school doing a senior project and my topic... (17435 views)

Large lump on dog's side. A lump (about the size of a quarter) showed up suddenly on his side, about an inch... (21331 views)

Can't put weight on his leg. my pit bull is shaking all over a refusing to put weight on his back leg what should... (26970 views)

Prozac for submissive peeing? My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also... (6524 views)

How to get a guinea pig to lose weight Hi Dr. Marie: Recently I took my sow guinea pig Squeaky to have her nails trimmed.... (4893 views)

Increased thirst and urination. I have an 11 year old spayed female toy poodle. She has been drinking a lot of water... (23260 views)

Hypothyroidism in Sheltie. Hi My dog had a thyroid test and the results came back as .8 which he said was low... (7625 views)

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (15716 views)

Dog died after surgery. Last Monday our dog Ben began throwing up. He also stopped eating. It lessened on... (25640 views)