Large lump on back.

Breed: mutt
hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at all but i was curious what you think it could be.it looks like it keeps getting bigger.right now it's the size of a softball. should i be concerned about it being something that will eventually get so bad i will have to put him down. thank you in advance for your response.

There are lots of things that this can be.

It may be a lipoma which is a fat lump and nothing to worry about.

It could be an abscess. If this is the case it will need some surgery and antibiotics.

Any time there is a lump I recommend having a vet take a look.

The vet should be able to tell you whether there is a concern for cancer or not.

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (9744 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (5646 views)

Clavaseptin and diarrhea. My puppy recently had to spend a night at the vet, we are pretty sure he just ate... (13610 views)

How to socialize fearful dog. how do you socialize a fearful dog? this dog I have will not go by anyone, if I walk... (9885 views)

Seizure or heart problem? My sister is younger and home alone until tomorrow. She called me freaking out about... (11667 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (7359 views)

hamster brain damage from chewing Hi, my 18 month old hamster started to bite her cage several months ago. i have... (12641 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (28036 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (20951 views)

7 week old puppies have fleas. my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny... (8628 views)