Vita Calm in dogs?

Breed: beagle
i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his seperation anxiety but in a much smaller doesage?

It's never a good idea to use a product that is not meant for dogs unless there is good evidence that this medication is safe.

It looks like Vita Calm contains a bunch of natural products that are meant to help reduce anxiety. It sounds very similar to a product that is meant for dogs, called Zylkene. Or, additionally, there is a prescription food called "Calm Diet" which has similar products in it. I have just started prescribing Calm diet and find that it works quite well for dogs with anxiety.

Separation anxiety is a complicated condition and it is definitely best to treat it with advice from your veterinarian along with appropriate medication. I have had the most success by using a drug called Reconcile for dogs with separation anxiety.

So, no, I would not recommend using a horse product in a smaller dosage. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is completely safe.

Abdominal mass in a cat. My husband and I put down our Ivy today. It was rather sudden and unexpected and... (46911 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (21126 views)

Is my dog pregnant? hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied... (14856 views)

Small open wound on dog Our min pin lives out in country with us. We have enclosed 1/2 acre fenced area. She... (14222 views)

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (12663 views)

Bulldog losing hair. hello, I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was... (20295 views)

Big lymph nodes. My dog has swollen lymph nodes for about 15 days now and they are all over his body.... (22026 views)

Large black mole on dog. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m kind of worried because my dog, a Labrador retriever he has... (31927 views)

Can't use back legs. In the past 7 months my dog has had 2 "episodes". First, in September 2010 he had... (34769 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (73380 views)