Vita Calm in dogs?

Breed: beagle
i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his seperation anxiety but in a much smaller doesage?

It's never a good idea to use a product that is not meant for dogs unless there is good evidence that this medication is safe.

It looks like Vita Calm contains a bunch of natural products that are meant to help reduce anxiety. It sounds very similar to a product that is meant for dogs, called Zylkene. Or, additionally, there is a prescription food called "Calm Diet" which has similar products in it. I have just started prescribing Calm diet and find that it works quite well for dogs with anxiety.

Separation anxiety is a complicated condition and it is definitely best to treat it with advice from your veterinarian along with appropriate medication. I have had the most success by using a drug called Reconcile for dogs with separation anxiety.

So, no, I would not recommend using a horse product in a smaller dosage. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is completely safe.

Orange urine and trouble walking. my dog is a rottweiler not sure if he is a cross or not and unsure off the age but... (9173 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (20301 views)

Parvo and hookworms. Last Monday, I got this puppy, a miniature doxen. Well, the first few days he was a... (25182 views)

Dachshund with seizures. Gina had an episode that looked like a seizure about 1.5 years ago for a first time.... (11449 views)

Prozac for submissive peeing? My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also... (7612 views)

Cancer or infection? I recently had to put my dog to sleep after I found out he had cancer that had... (11079 views)

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (9392 views)

Chronic and acute kidney disease. My dog is a 3 and half year old toy poodle. About 3 month before, he was diagnosed... (9567 views)

Kittens with diarrhea We have kept the 5 kittens born to our momma cat. [they will be "fixed" when it is... (11548 views)

Sore gums in chihuahua. My dog's gums are very sensitive. I tried brushing them and on the right side, they... (11401 views)