Vita Calm in dogs?

Breed: beagle
i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his seperation anxiety but in a much smaller doesage?

It's never a good idea to use a product that is not meant for dogs unless there is good evidence that this medication is safe.

It looks like Vita Calm contains a bunch of natural products that are meant to help reduce anxiety. It sounds very similar to a product that is meant for dogs, called Zylkene. Or, additionally, there is a prescription food called "Calm Diet" which has similar products in it. I have just started prescribing Calm diet and find that it works quite well for dogs with anxiety.

Separation anxiety is a complicated condition and it is definitely best to treat it with advice from your veterinarian along with appropriate medication. I have had the most success by using a drug called Reconcile for dogs with separation anxiety.

So, no, I would not recommend using a horse product in a smaller dosage. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is completely safe.

Boxer collapsed. Last saturday our female 1 year old boxer collapsed and her gums went very pale. We... (11394 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (7131 views)

Diarrhea and coughing. First off let me apologize for the convoluted description of the symptoms, but I... (5329 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (13861 views)

Dog is shaking I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of... (80862 views)

Remend (The dog is not mine) A friend is asking me to get Remend for their dog from a... (23256 views)

Lump between toes. I have noticed an irregular-shaped, red in colour, bumpy lump on the webbing in... (13261 views)

Cat with crusty areas. Hello, I'd like some advice on diagnosis and treatment for my cat. She has had... (12516 views)

vet question Dear Madame Veterinarian: Our Siberian has one of the best pedigrees we could've... (9989 views)

Diabetic cat diet. Hi, I am the owner of two siamese cats (female) from same litter - 11.5 years old.... (11092 views)