Vita Calm in dogs?

Breed: beagle
i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his seperation anxiety but in a much smaller doesage?

It's never a good idea to use a product that is not meant for dogs unless there is good evidence that this medication is safe.

It looks like Vita Calm contains a bunch of natural products that are meant to help reduce anxiety. It sounds very similar to a product that is meant for dogs, called Zylkene. Or, additionally, there is a prescription food called "Calm Diet" which has similar products in it. I have just started prescribing Calm diet and find that it works quite well for dogs with anxiety.

Separation anxiety is a complicated condition and it is definitely best to treat it with advice from your veterinarian along with appropriate medication. I have had the most success by using a drug called Reconcile for dogs with separation anxiety.

So, no, I would not recommend using a horse product in a smaller dosage. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is completely safe.

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (47016 views)

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (15693 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (10571 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (18463 views)

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (9646 views)

Puppy stepped on. my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15... (37836 views)

Dog has liver cancer. Our 12 year old Golden/Lab mix has been diagnosed with liver cancer. What can we do... (22605 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (9857 views)

In pain after anal gland surgery. my pet just got an anal gland removed and he dosent want to get up to eat. he has... (7289 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (31394 views)