Vita Calm in dogs?

Breed: beagle
i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his seperation anxiety but in a much smaller doesage?

It's never a good idea to use a product that is not meant for dogs unless there is good evidence that this medication is safe.

It looks like Vita Calm contains a bunch of natural products that are meant to help reduce anxiety. It sounds very similar to a product that is meant for dogs, called Zylkene. Or, additionally, there is a prescription food called "Calm Diet" which has similar products in it. I have just started prescribing Calm diet and find that it works quite well for dogs with anxiety.

Separation anxiety is a complicated condition and it is definitely best to treat it with advice from your veterinarian along with appropriate medication. I have had the most success by using a drug called Reconcile for dogs with separation anxiety.

So, no, I would not recommend using a horse product in a smaller dosage. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is completely safe.

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (6143 views)

Do dogs have panic attacks? In the past two weeks, Bambi has a kind of panic attack to me. She was panting and... (6929 views)

Loose black stools. Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black? He can tell time and... (4845 views)

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (8868 views)

Rimadyl and Otomax. Hi, I have a two part question. The first is Rimadyl dosage for an older dog. My... (10120 views)

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (5438 views)

Is this a tick? So Badger has a strange growth on the edge of his ear...I will include two pictures... (27736 views)

Large lymph nodes. I spoke with you on sunday night about my shih tzu., I brought him to the vet on... (23053 views)

Stuffed up nose. Dear Vet, We have a 12 year old Australian Shepard, 80 pound male. He is not having... (10756 views)

Lump on hedgehog I have a hedgehog who has a lump behind his right ear and down into his neck. If I... (17955 views)