Vita Calm in dogs?

Breed: beagle
i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his seperation anxiety but in a much smaller doesage?

It's never a good idea to use a product that is not meant for dogs unless there is good evidence that this medication is safe.

It looks like Vita Calm contains a bunch of natural products that are meant to help reduce anxiety. It sounds very similar to a product that is meant for dogs, called Zylkene. Or, additionally, there is a prescription food called "Calm Diet" which has similar products in it. I have just started prescribing Calm diet and find that it works quite well for dogs with anxiety.

Separation anxiety is a complicated condition and it is definitely best to treat it with advice from your veterinarian along with appropriate medication. I have had the most success by using a drug called Reconcile for dogs with separation anxiety.

So, no, I would not recommend using a horse product in a smaller dosage. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is completely safe.

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (10042 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (13711 views)

Allergic to grass? My dog has a rash on his belly that has red whelps. Itches a lot. Licking and... (20164 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (9886 views)

Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing? My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to... (43608 views)

Urinary problems and fleas. hi dr i have 2 cockers a male and a female both are house broken but thay been... (10182 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (12249 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (9677 views)

Tumor grew back. Hello, Our cat Chester had a tumor removed, sarcoma, about the size of a large golf... (7847 views)

Toenail problems. We adopted Tiger (62lb what appears to be shepard/boxer mix) in May and about a... (9914 views)