Vita Calm in dogs?

Breed: beagle
i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his seperation anxiety but in a much smaller doesage?

It's never a good idea to use a product that is not meant for dogs unless there is good evidence that this medication is safe.

It looks like Vita Calm contains a bunch of natural products that are meant to help reduce anxiety. It sounds very similar to a product that is meant for dogs, called Zylkene. Or, additionally, there is a prescription food called "Calm Diet" which has similar products in it. I have just started prescribing Calm diet and find that it works quite well for dogs with anxiety.

Separation anxiety is a complicated condition and it is definitely best to treat it with advice from your veterinarian along with appropriate medication. I have had the most success by using a drug called Reconcile for dogs with separation anxiety.

So, no, I would not recommend using a horse product in a smaller dosage. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is completely safe.

Stinky skin in pug. My pug is losing his hair and the skin is turning black around his neck. It started... (17302 views)

Needs anals done often. Heidi is having trouble with anal glands. She is on a home cooked diet, mostly... (9162 views)

Should I do these tests? I have two shih tzu's from the same litter. They were born on 1/29/09, so they are... (15063 views)

Dog was limping and death. My dog was favoring his left front leg and he is an outside dog with lots of energy,... (13906 views)

Licking at bum and feet. My 12 year old female cat started having anal gland issues over a year ago. After... (6835 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (13149 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (50034 views)

Older cat not eating. Hi.I have had my cat for approximately. She has been sick and has lost a lot of... (23843 views)

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (11652 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (10233 views)