Excessive drooling

Breed: Short Hair tabby, al
Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively drooling. I believe I only noticed it yesterday, but it has continued. She has eaten some dry food and I saw her drink water last night but I'm unsure of how much.
To note, I adopted a kitten exactly a week ago. She is still not crazy about him but it's getting better.
Also, my roommate has two little dogs. They never really interact since she spends most of the time in my room and I have a pet gate up. The kitten will hang out with them though.
She hasn't had too many health issues that I know of, to be honest she is halfway impossible to take to the vet or even get in the carrier. I try to monitor her though and make sure she is healthy Also, she is strictly a indoor cat and I do not keep flowers around.

My apologies for the delay in my answer.

There are a number of things that can cause a cat to drool excessively, although I wouldn't say that this is a common problem.

Most likely this is not the case, but one cause for drooling would be if you just applied a pet store flea product, especially if it was one meant for dogs and not for cats. This can be a serious emergency, so if you think this is the issue then I'd see the vet right away.

A more likely answer is that there is something going on in your cat's mouth. If it is serious enough to cause excessive drooling then it probably is something that should be checked out by a vet. A tooth problem can cause this type of issue although unfortunately a more common problem that causes drooling in an older cat is some type of tumor affecting the tongue or mouth. Hopefully this is not the case.

It's also possible that the cat has a foreign object stuck in her mouth. I have seen this happen several times as well.

There really isn't a home remedy that I can think of. If it continues then she really should see a vet.

I hope things are ok.

Kitten diarrhea the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside... (8590 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (16158 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (4939 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (7790 views)

Lump on paw pad. Hi Dr. Marie! Baileys is a patient of yours at Beechwood Animal Hospital. We were... (39378 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (3867 views)

Hip dysplasia and arthritis. Hello, My dog Jasmine is about 13 & 1/2 years old. We live in New York City. I... (11247 views)

White spot on eye. My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is... (24658 views)

D-Con mice bait ingested. 75 to 80 lb dog ingested D-con mice bait, eliminated it all in bowel movement,... (15776 views)

Cat suddenly bites or scratches. Hi there....i have a beautiful BIG moggy who is a 'lovecat' - very affectionate -... (12061 views)