Excessive drooling

Breed: Short Hair tabby, al
Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively drooling. I believe I only noticed it yesterday, but it has continued. She has eaten some dry food and I saw her drink water last night but I'm unsure of how much.
To note, I adopted a kitten exactly a week ago. She is still not crazy about him but it's getting better.
Also, my roommate has two little dogs. They never really interact since she spends most of the time in my room and I have a pet gate up. The kitten will hang out with them though.
She hasn't had too many health issues that I know of, to be honest she is halfway impossible to take to the vet or even get in the carrier. I try to monitor her though and make sure she is healthy Also, she is strictly a indoor cat and I do not keep flowers around.

My apologies for the delay in my answer.

There are a number of things that can cause a cat to drool excessively, although I wouldn't say that this is a common problem.

Most likely this is not the case, but one cause for drooling would be if you just applied a pet store flea product, especially if it was one meant for dogs and not for cats. This can be a serious emergency, so if you think this is the issue then I'd see the vet right away.

A more likely answer is that there is something going on in your cat's mouth. If it is serious enough to cause excessive drooling then it probably is something that should be checked out by a vet. A tooth problem can cause this type of issue although unfortunately a more common problem that causes drooling in an older cat is some type of tumor affecting the tongue or mouth. Hopefully this is not the case.

It's also possible that the cat has a foreign object stuck in her mouth. I have seen this happen several times as well.

There really isn't a home remedy that I can think of. If it continues then she really should see a vet.

I hope things are ok.

Meowing all the time? pain? Hi Dr. Marie Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops.... (7678 views)

Keep dachshund from jumping? Hello, About 2 months ago I woke to find that my dachshund could not move her hind... (10960 views)

Too aggressive petting? My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard. He's neutered male - he... (16530 views)

Addison's disease? I've seen a few questions where people ask about what could have happened to their... (55393 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (10657 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (9677 views)

Do cats get chicken pox? it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox... (27969 views)

Eucalyptus for fleas. I was washing my 8week old puppy and pored a large amount of Eucalyptus Oil on him..... (14782 views)

Vuvlar tumor in a cat. Hello, 2 weeks ago i had my russian blue sterilised cat (elderly not sure how old... (10238 views)

Sick pregnant cat. hi, i think my cat is pregnant, shes suddenly put on alot of weight and has spotted... (8901 views)