Limping cat.

Breed: domestic stray
We have an outside cat who is about 12 years old. Up until recently she has looked great for her age. She went missing for a couple days and when she came back she was really skinny. I started to let her come inside as she wanted. Tonight when I got home I noticed she was limping on her front right paw. On that same paw I noticed it had a scab on it. Upon examining her I noticed there was a very tiny red bald spot on her leg. So I checked around and on her back she has a long red spot that looks a tad bit bloody, but without any hair lose.She does not have any abnormal growths. She's still eating. Since she's an outside cat idk how her bowl movement are. She has never been to a vet, but other than recently she has had no signs of medical problems

Sorry to hear that your cat had this scare...but very relieved to hear that she made it back home again.

If she is limping and has a scab on her paw then there is a good chance she's got an infection. The most common reason for this would be as a result from a bite from another cat. But, who knows what else she could have gotten into.

If it is an infection, then she will need to have antibioitcs either in the form of pills or an injection. This is something she will need to see a vet for.

It's good that she's still eating, but I wouldn't want to wait for it to get worse. At this stage it's something that probably can be treated simply with antibiotics, but if it gets worse she could need a hospital stay and possibly surgery.

Until you get to the vet's, if she'll let you, it's not a bad idea to soak the foot in a bowl of warm water a few times a day. This won't cure infection, but may help slow down the progression of problems.

I hope things work out ok!

Is this something that could spread to my other animals

If it is an infection, then no, this would not be likely to be contagious.

Well now my other cat has a red spot above her eye

I really can't see how this could be connected to the issue your other cat has. But, if you are concerned or if more spots appear then it's not a bad idea to have a vet take a look.

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (20238 views)

Dog pooping and peeing in house. why does my dog poo or pee when i leeve her out in the house at night ??? when i... (8699 views)

Magnesium level of food. I have two cats. Casper has urinary tract issues. He is currently on a .085%... (12874 views)

Dog bite wound. Hello, My dog got bit by a Pit bull on Saturday 9/1. I was not able to take him to... (11972 views)

Food allergy? My pug will be eight in a few months. A few months ago, he started scratching alot.... (7126 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (7216 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (15567 views)

Large lymph nodes in a cat. My cat Miko seems to have swollen lymph nodes under her neck. They've been like that... (42345 views)

Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (6805 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (6347 views)