Limping cat.

Breed: domestic stray
We have an outside cat who is about 12 years old. Up until recently she has looked great for her age. She went missing for a couple days and when she came back she was really skinny. I started to let her come inside as she wanted. Tonight when I got home I noticed she was limping on her front right paw. On that same paw I noticed it had a scab on it. Upon examining her I noticed there was a very tiny red bald spot on her leg. So I checked around and on her back she has a long red spot that looks a tad bit bloody, but without any hair lose.She does not have any abnormal growths. She's still eating. Since she's an outside cat idk how her bowl movement are. She has never been to a vet, but other than recently she has had no signs of medical problems

Sorry to hear that your cat had this scare...but very relieved to hear that she made it back home again.

If she is limping and has a scab on her paw then there is a good chance she's got an infection. The most common reason for this would be as a result from a bite from another cat. But, who knows what else she could have gotten into.

If it is an infection, then she will need to have antibioitcs either in the form of pills or an injection. This is something she will need to see a vet for.

It's good that she's still eating, but I wouldn't want to wait for it to get worse. At this stage it's something that probably can be treated simply with antibiotics, but if it gets worse she could need a hospital stay and possibly surgery.

Until you get to the vet's, if she'll let you, it's not a bad idea to soak the foot in a bowl of warm water a few times a day. This won't cure infection, but may help slow down the progression of problems.

I hope things work out ok!

Is this something that could spread to my other animals

If it is an infection, then no, this would not be likely to be contagious.

Well now my other cat has a red spot above her eye

I really can't see how this could be connected to the issue your other cat has. But, if you are concerned or if more spots appear then it's not a bad idea to have a vet take a look.

Starting pay of a vet. I'm a student hoping to study Vet Med but I might need to get student loan for the... (13188 views)

Pit Bull doesn't want to walk. Okay, A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had... (10035 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (14781 views)

Antibiotics for pyometra? my dog has pyometra what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection... (11889 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (9663 views)

Can't get rid of fleas. Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes... (10099 views)

Dog bite wound. Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another... (8541 views)

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (17630 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (14835 views)

Cloudy eye with blood. My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There... (14912 views)