Limping cat.

Breed: domestic stray
We have an outside cat who is about 12 years old. Up until recently she has looked great for her age. She went missing for a couple days and when she came back she was really skinny. I started to let her come inside as she wanted. Tonight when I got home I noticed she was limping on her front right paw. On that same paw I noticed it had a scab on it. Upon examining her I noticed there was a very tiny red bald spot on her leg. So I checked around and on her back she has a long red spot that looks a tad bit bloody, but without any hair lose.She does not have any abnormal growths. She's still eating. Since she's an outside cat idk how her bowl movement are. She has never been to a vet, but other than recently she has had no signs of medical problems

Sorry to hear that your cat had this scare...but very relieved to hear that she made it back home again.

If she is limping and has a scab on her paw then there is a good chance she's got an infection. The most common reason for this would be as a result from a bite from another cat. But, who knows what else she could have gotten into.

If it is an infection, then she will need to have antibioitcs either in the form of pills or an injection. This is something she will need to see a vet for.

It's good that she's still eating, but I wouldn't want to wait for it to get worse. At this stage it's something that probably can be treated simply with antibiotics, but if it gets worse she could need a hospital stay and possibly surgery.

Until you get to the vet's, if she'll let you, it's not a bad idea to soak the foot in a bowl of warm water a few times a day. This won't cure infection, but may help slow down the progression of problems.

I hope things work out ok!

Is this something that could spread to my other animals

If it is an infection, then no, this would not be likely to be contagious.

Well now my other cat has a red spot above her eye

I really can't see how this could be connected to the issue your other cat has. But, if you are concerned or if more spots appear then it's not a bad idea to have a vet take a look.

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (4768 views)

Kidney problem or diabetes? Hi Dr Marie, Hicks is 17 years old now. Still moderately active. 2 years ago, she... (4840 views)

Itchy dog. Hi Dr Marie, Recall my email a couple of weeks ago about Max and his... (7560 views)

Did cherry eye surgery fail? My 10 month old baby boy, ralphie, just had a cherry eye surgery yesterday. this... (21140 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (4788 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (16314 views)

Swollen carpal pad. Dear Dr. Marie: About 5 weeks ago, my wife and I noticed that the carpal pad on our... (27336 views)

Dog spay incision lump. My dog has a lump under her spay incision. I adopted Tiaa from a rescue group a... (84524 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (10150 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (21564 views)