Limping cat.

Breed: domestic stray
We have an outside cat who is about 12 years old. Up until recently she has looked great for her age. She went missing for a couple days and when she came back she was really skinny. I started to let her come inside as she wanted. Tonight when I got home I noticed she was limping on her front right paw. On that same paw I noticed it had a scab on it. Upon examining her I noticed there was a very tiny red bald spot on her leg. So I checked around and on her back she has a long red spot that looks a tad bit bloody, but without any hair lose.She does not have any abnormal growths. She's still eating. Since she's an outside cat idk how her bowl movement are. She has never been to a vet, but other than recently she has had no signs of medical problems

Sorry to hear that your cat had this scare...but very relieved to hear that she made it back home again.

If she is limping and has a scab on her paw then there is a good chance she's got an infection. The most common reason for this would be as a result from a bite from another cat. But, who knows what else she could have gotten into.

If it is an infection, then she will need to have antibioitcs either in the form of pills or an injection. This is something she will need to see a vet for.

It's good that she's still eating, but I wouldn't want to wait for it to get worse. At this stage it's something that probably can be treated simply with antibiotics, but if it gets worse she could need a hospital stay and possibly surgery.

Until you get to the vet's, if she'll let you, it's not a bad idea to soak the foot in a bowl of warm water a few times a day. This won't cure infection, but may help slow down the progression of problems.

I hope things work out ok!

Is this something that could spread to my other animals

If it is an infection, then no, this would not be likely to be contagious.

Well now my other cat has a red spot above her eye

I really can't see how this could be connected to the issue your other cat has. But, if you are concerned or if more spots appear then it's not a bad idea to have a vet take a look.

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (14602 views)

Should dog be euthanized if he bites? We adopted a lab / hound mix dog from a local shelter. They didn't know much about... (11317 views)

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (5551 views)

Draining fluid for heart failure. My dog has Congestive Heart Failure. He is under the care of a veterinarian and... (17172 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (35804 views)

Vet is pushing veterinary foods. I have a new to me vet who is insistent on my giving my cats 'veterinary' food. My... (6716 views)

FIP? Fever and fluid. We brought Mo into the vet two weeks ago because he had stopped eating and grooming... (7208 views)

Dropped puppy on head. I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old... (33771 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (13425 views)

Liver infections in cat. My 13 year old cat has had at least 3 serious, life threatening liver infections... (6925 views)