Home treatment for abscess.

Breed: tabby
My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away the hair from the wound irrigated it and bandaged it with polysporin Daily.My friend a doc told me amoxill for kids is okay for the cat 10mg per pound 2 x a day. She has been receiving this for 3 days now. No fever. Eating well. Social.
The wound is 2 in long and 1 inch wide. right threw all layers of skin down to the tissue that covers her insides. The wound is clean and puss free. I do have a cone on her head so she can not chew at it. I am worried it will not heal without being stitched closed. I can not see a vet until pay day as they do not see you on an IOU til payday.
I am wondering if it would be wise to get butterfly surgical tape and pull the skin together and tape it closed?
Thanks
Lisa

You'll need to find a way to get Ashley to a vet. Attempting to do any surgery on your own cat is actually a criminal act in most states as you are practicing veterinary medicine without a license. Additionally, trying to suture this on your own would likely make infection worse.

I have seen cases like this where animals with an abscess were treated at home and almost every time I end up seeing that the infection gets dramatically worse and needs extensive and expensive surgery.

Sorry to be so harsh, but Ashley needs to see a vet immediately.

If finances are a concern these organizations that help with vet bills may help you.

Added: I have received your repeated attempts to respond to this question (even though the free questions clearly state that this is not an option.) I rarely respond in situations like this, but I will make an exception for you.

If this wound is 2 inches by 1 inch it definitely needs to be seen by a vet. I apologize that I misread your question as saying you wanted to stitch this wound. Regardless, trying to apply surgical tape sutures to this would not be helpful. I sincerely hope that this heals. Again, I have had a number of cases like this where proper treatment was delayed and it ended up in very expensive surgery being needed.

Persistent hymen in dog. Mam, i own a female german sheperd. the problem is i cant breed her due to the grown... (15909 views)

Gerbil has rash on nose. My brothers pet gerbial has like a res rash or something aroud is nose and we are... (9840 views)

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (12824 views)

Can a feral cat be tamed? Dr. Marie - a few months ago I came across a feral cat who is now named Gypsy. I... (8831 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (6732 views)

Cat puffing its hair out. Is there other reasons besides a cat trying to make itself look big for a fight that... (15764 views)

Cat's leg swollen. Hi there. I've spent an hour or more doing research about this online, and I'm at a... (9661 views)

Bald spot on maltese. I just noticed a bald spot about the size of 2 half dollars on my Maltese right... (22476 views)

Get rid of parvo virus. I have a general question about Parvo virus, Its a very very common virus I know,... (27686 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (9223 views)