Home treatment for abscess.

Breed: tabby
My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away the hair from the wound irrigated it and bandaged it with polysporin Daily.My friend a doc told me amoxill for kids is okay for the cat 10mg per pound 2 x a day. She has been receiving this for 3 days now. No fever. Eating well. Social.
The wound is 2 in long and 1 inch wide. right threw all layers of skin down to the tissue that covers her insides. The wound is clean and puss free. I do have a cone on her head so she can not chew at it. I am worried it will not heal without being stitched closed. I can not see a vet until pay day as they do not see you on an IOU til payday.
I am wondering if it would be wise to get butterfly surgical tape and pull the skin together and tape it closed?
Thanks
Lisa

You'll need to find a way to get Ashley to a vet. Attempting to do any surgery on your own cat is actually a criminal act in most states as you are practicing veterinary medicine without a license. Additionally, trying to suture this on your own would likely make infection worse.

I have seen cases like this where animals with an abscess were treated at home and almost every time I end up seeing that the infection gets dramatically worse and needs extensive and expensive surgery.

Sorry to be so harsh, but Ashley needs to see a vet immediately.

If finances are a concern these organizations that help with vet bills may help you.

Added: I have received your repeated attempts to respond to this question (even though the free questions clearly state that this is not an option.) I rarely respond in situations like this, but I will make an exception for you.

If this wound is 2 inches by 1 inch it definitely needs to be seen by a vet. I apologize that I misread your question as saying you wanted to stitch this wound. Regardless, trying to apply surgical tape sutures to this would not be helpful. I sincerely hope that this heals. Again, I have had a number of cases like this where proper treatment was delayed and it ended up in very expensive surgery being needed.

Fly biting seizures. At night with the lights on, Misha snaps at the air as if she's catching flies.... (24757 views)

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (12919 views)

Can a feral cat be tamed? Dr. Marie - a few months ago I came across a feral cat who is now named Gypsy. I... (10069 views)

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (14669 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My can got attacked by a dog and she cant close her mouth all the way, but her tooth... (7628 views)

Cat losing weight and vomiting. Sebastian was always a little overweight. Recently he has started losing weight,... (13422 views)

Can we give benadryl for allergic reaction? My 9 month old boxer puppy has been stung by a bee or bees, we think in his mouth. ... (12871 views)

Really bad skin issues. there is a PHOTO on the Pet-Forums-UK website, on the Dog Health sub-forum under Dog... (12223 views)

Dog doesn't like u/d For a dog that has once needed to have surgery to have bladder stones removed do you... (26557 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (8383 views)