Guinea pig jumping out of my arms.

Breed: smooth-haired creste
I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks. Sometimes I walk her around my apartment in my arms, but she always wants to jump out of my arms when we walking around. She always sniffs the air before she tries to jump. When I put her back in her cage after our walk, she acts pretty "hyper" and runs all over the place.

My question is: is this attempted jumping behavior natural exuberance or is it a sign she needs more food or other necessity?

This is a tough question to answer as I don't know if anyone really knows the answer to this question.

It sounds to me like this is normal guinea pig behavior and I wouldn't be worried about it. I would definitely be careful with her so that she doesn't get hurt but wouldn't be worried that this is a sign of her lacking something in her life.

I am guessing that you will find that she is less likely to want to jump out of your arms as she matures and gets used to you.

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have more questions.

Flea problems. WELL MY CAT HAD FLEA'S AND I DEFLEAD THE CAT THE PRODUCTS I USED TO DEFLEA MY CAT... (10091 views)

Does my dog have a gait problem? Hi Dr. I'm hoping this is a trivial question. As the email pic shows, the... (19535 views)

Wheezing cat. My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse.... (15461 views)

Aggressive with food. Dear Dr. Marie: My husband and I adopted our kitten, Tigger, last April, so we've... (5516 views)

Licking at bum and feet. My 12 year old female cat started having anal gland issues over a year ago. After... (8261 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (11300 views)

Meowing all the time? pain? Hi Dr. Marie Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops.... (8328 views)

maggots in guinea pig's cage Dear dr marie, i found maggots in my guinea pig's cage. So i want to know if he has... (15151 views)

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (10378 views)

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (11888 views)