Guinea pig jumping out of my arms.

Breed: smooth-haired creste
I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks. Sometimes I walk her around my apartment in my arms, but she always wants to jump out of my arms when we walking around. She always sniffs the air before she tries to jump. When I put her back in her cage after our walk, she acts pretty "hyper" and runs all over the place.

My question is: is this attempted jumping behavior natural exuberance or is it a sign she needs more food or other necessity?

This is a tough question to answer as I don't know if anyone really knows the answer to this question.

It sounds to me like this is normal guinea pig behavior and I wouldn't be worried about it. I would definitely be careful with her so that she doesn't get hurt but wouldn't be worried that this is a sign of her lacking something in her life.

I am guessing that you will find that she is less likely to want to jump out of your arms as she matures and gets used to you.

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have more questions.

Kitten diarrhea. my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he... (9478 views)

Mole on dog's leg. My dog has what looks like a mole on his leg, do dogs have moles or should I take... (14092 views)

Too young for euthanasia? Is there an age too young for... (5468 views)

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (8532 views)

Perianal fistula Dear Dr Marie, My baby doggie, Mushka, has developed small pimple-sized boils... (23445 views)

Dog cowers and pees. my dog seems afraid of me when i call her over she cowers and pees when she walks... (13196 views)

Still have puppies inside? my dog had puppies 2 days ago 6 puppies were the only ones that came out, four came... (16162 views)

Matts on my cat I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for... (7136 views)

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (5433 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (11274 views)