Guinea pig jumping out of my arms.

Breed: smooth-haired creste
I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks. Sometimes I walk her around my apartment in my arms, but she always wants to jump out of my arms when we walking around. She always sniffs the air before she tries to jump. When I put her back in her cage after our walk, she acts pretty "hyper" and runs all over the place.

My question is: is this attempted jumping behavior natural exuberance or is it a sign she needs more food or other necessity?

This is a tough question to answer as I don't know if anyone really knows the answer to this question.

It sounds to me like this is normal guinea pig behavior and I wouldn't be worried about it. I would definitely be careful with her so that she doesn't get hurt but wouldn't be worried that this is a sign of her lacking something in her life.

I am guessing that you will find that she is less likely to want to jump out of your arms as she matures and gets used to you.

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have more questions.

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (7669 views)

Homeopathic seizure control. I have adopted a dog Jack aged 7. He has seizures which last about 3-5 minutes and... (7711 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (7501 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (28940 views)

Should we euthanize? Hershey was diagnosed with lymphoma today. He has two large swollen nodes under his... (14698 views)

Megacolon. my cat has megacolon.we give him lactulose 1 1/2 oz 2 times a day & cisapride 1 ml 2... (9904 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (13324 views)

Relation of weight to skin problems. I understand that you are a very busy person but i am currently inrolled in the... (7348 views)

Flying with your dog. Hello! We have recently purchased a mini schnoodle. She will be 8 weeks old when... (8225 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (24405 views)