Guinea pig jumping out of my arms.

Breed: smooth-haired creste
I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks. Sometimes I walk her around my apartment in my arms, but she always wants to jump out of my arms when we walking around. She always sniffs the air before she tries to jump. When I put her back in her cage after our walk, she acts pretty "hyper" and runs all over the place.

My question is: is this attempted jumping behavior natural exuberance or is it a sign she needs more food or other necessity?

This is a tough question to answer as I don't know if anyone really knows the answer to this question.

It sounds to me like this is normal guinea pig behavior and I wouldn't be worried about it. I would definitely be careful with her so that she doesn't get hurt but wouldn't be worried that this is a sign of her lacking something in her life.

I am guessing that you will find that she is less likely to want to jump out of your arms as she matures and gets used to you.

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have more questions.

Seizures and vomiting. Sunday 11 pm to midnight Klyde had his first gran mal seizure during which he... (41187 views)

Skin lesion on gerbil. can you recommend a treatment for what appears to be a hot spot or skin irritation... (6649 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (4638 views)

Cat with bloody diarrhea iam also a vet from pakistan.i want to ask that if a cat has bloody diarrhoea;wat i... (6585 views)

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (18514 views)

Tumor on a guinea pig. Hi Marie, My daughter's 14 month old guinea pig has a tumor with a thick, scaly... (11867 views)

Wobbly Boxer. My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy... (9723 views)

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (4577 views)

Bump after fight. My dog got attacked by another dog 4 days ago during a walk. The other dog was on a... (79263 views)

Dog's eye blue and purple. hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt... (11934 views)