Guinea pig jumping out of my arms.

Breed: smooth-haired creste
I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks. Sometimes I walk her around my apartment in my arms, but she always wants to jump out of my arms when we walking around. She always sniffs the air before she tries to jump. When I put her back in her cage after our walk, she acts pretty "hyper" and runs all over the place.

My question is: is this attempted jumping behavior natural exuberance or is it a sign she needs more food or other necessity?

This is a tough question to answer as I don't know if anyone really knows the answer to this question.

It sounds to me like this is normal guinea pig behavior and I wouldn't be worried about it. I would definitely be careful with her so that she doesn't get hurt but wouldn't be worried that this is a sign of her lacking something in her life.

I am guessing that you will find that she is less likely to want to jump out of your arms as she matures and gets used to you.

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have more questions.

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (15736 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (13678 views)

Lump on Rottweiler's leg. Dear Dr Marie Recently, I notice my dog has a lump or growth(white round bumpy... (13921 views)

Cancer in a cat's chest. Hi there, I hope this wont be too long, but I want to provide the history of the... (9628 views)

Not eating or drinking and is painful. My cat tink 3 yrs seems very poorly he hasn't eaten or drank for 2 days now is very... (4277 views)

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (39466 views)

Vomiting yellow liquid. Maynard has been vomiting up yellowish urine colored liquid a few time in the last... (8194 views)

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (35137 views)

Rat with red tears and increased thirst. I have a pet rat, almost 1. Shes been healthy her whole life, just had this weird... (9219 views)

Should liver biopsy be done? Dear Dr Haines, I have a 10 year old Bichon-Poodle-Maltese mix male dog (Max). ... (6144 views)