Red eye in kitten.

Breed: he is a mix i am not
my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when he licks his paw and he will try to open it but it doesn't get very far. I tried putting water in his eye, he seems to open it more then but then will soon again close his eye and swat at it again. There is no goo or anything, his left eye (which is the one having the problem) will water at times also. I am worried, I don't know wether to take him to the vet or wait a few days and see if it continues and whether i can buy something to take care of his problem without making a visit to the vet.

There are a few things that can cause the symptoms you mentioned.

Often kittens can get an upper respiratory virus which can cause an eye infection. We usually do see a green or yellow discharge but sometimes early in the condition there is none.

Another possibility is if he has scratched his eye. If so, this is serious and it is important for him to get treatment.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that I would consider safe in this situation. For eye issues I always recommend a vet visit right away.

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (62091 views)

Puppy is very hyper. Gracey was born on July 6th..so she will be six months soon. We have had dogs all... (9131 views)

Dog has wound under arm. I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm? It... (10766 views)

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (6384 views)

Dog eats my underwear. This is going to sound weird but this is a real question. My dog keeps licking mine... (44883 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (6748 views)

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (44677 views)

Arthritis medicine I have a 10 month old Pomeranian who appears to have hip problems. I am very low... (8704 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (9950 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (8739 views)