Kitten has diarrhea

Breed: mix breed
Hi, my four month old cat has not stopped doing runny poos since i have had her. i got her from the animal refuge almost three weeks ago.i am rely worried because now there is blood in it to.

i have tried worming her and also only giving dry food,i have changed brand of dry food but nothing has helped her. also her bottom seems to always be leaking. and she now has this balding,spiky patch on her tail.

Sorry to hear that Barbie is having problems.

It does sound like she will need to see the vet. There are a few possible causes. First of all, she may have a type of parasite that regular over the counter dewormers can't take care of such as coccidia or giardia.

It may be that she has a virus such as panleukopenia (similar to parvo in dogs). However, usually cats with this virus are very sick.

It is also possible that she has an imbalance in the bacteria in her intestines. Probiotics prescribed by the vet can help this. Sometimes small amounts of yogurt with bacterial culture can help.

It's also possible that she has a birth defect affecting her anus or her rectum.

Hopefully she can get to see the vet soon!

Rimadyl and Otomax. Hi, I have a two part question. The first is Rimadyl dosage for an older dog. My... (9501 views)

Dog ate chicken bones. PLese help me! My 8 year old American Golden just ate cooked chicken bones! What... (136789 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (8341 views)

Pale stool and orange urine. Last Saturday night, my dog's stool started looking strange. Pale and very soft,... (6747 views)

Dog licking paws On Wednesday I noticed Max was licking his right rear paw. Last Saturday he had a... (61405 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (63268 views)

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (5712 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (21115 views)

Runny eyes in a persian. Hi there I just recently got Chewey who is a extreme flat face persian and his eyes... (17833 views)

Trembling chihuahua. SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE... (8492 views)