Kitten has diarrhea

Breed: mix breed
Hi, my four month old cat has not stopped doing runny poos since i have had her. i got her from the animal refuge almost three weeks ago.i am rely worried because now there is blood in it to.

i have tried worming her and also only giving dry food,i have changed brand of dry food but nothing has helped her. also her bottom seems to always be leaking. and she now has this balding,spiky patch on her tail.

Sorry to hear that Barbie is having problems.

It does sound like she will need to see the vet. There are a few possible causes. First of all, she may have a type of parasite that regular over the counter dewormers can't take care of such as coccidia or giardia.

It may be that she has a virus such as panleukopenia (similar to parvo in dogs). However, usually cats with this virus are very sick.

It is also possible that she has an imbalance in the bacteria in her intestines. Probiotics prescribed by the vet can help this. Sometimes small amounts of yogurt with bacterial culture can help.

It's also possible that she has a birth defect affecting her anus or her rectum.

Hopefully she can get to see the vet soon!

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (5652 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (5671 views)

Trembling chihuahua. SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE... (9531 views)

Arthritis medicine I have a 10 month old Pomeranian who appears to have hip problems. I am very low... (7926 views)

Dog pees when someone pets him. Cooper is 5 months old and neutered. He pees when anyone pets him, talks to him or... (5666 views)

1 week old puppy checkup can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and... (7978 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (9605 views)

Diabetic cat problems. I have a diabetic cat who gets 4ml ProZinc 2x per day with meals. Normally she is... (6824 views)

Starting pay of a vet. I'm a student hoping to study Vet Med but I might need to get student loan for the... (5806 views)

Cat bitten by dog. My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward... (6727 views)