Kitten has diarrhea

Breed: mix breed
Hi, my four month old cat has not stopped doing runny poos since i have had her. i got her from the animal refuge almost three weeks ago.i am rely worried because now there is blood in it to.

i have tried worming her and also only giving dry food,i have changed brand of dry food but nothing has helped her. also her bottom seems to always be leaking. and she now has this balding,spiky patch on her tail.

Sorry to hear that Barbie is having problems.

It does sound like she will need to see the vet. There are a few possible causes. First of all, she may have a type of parasite that regular over the counter dewormers can't take care of such as coccidia or giardia.

It may be that she has a virus such as panleukopenia (similar to parvo in dogs). However, usually cats with this virus are very sick.

It is also possible that she has an imbalance in the bacteria in her intestines. Probiotics prescribed by the vet can help this. Sometimes small amounts of yogurt with bacterial culture can help.

It's also possible that she has a birth defect affecting her anus or her rectum.

Hopefully she can get to see the vet soon!

Kidney problems in ferret. Hi there, I am the owner of a ferret male, 2.5 years old, who in the last week,... (14919 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (35577 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (12763 views)

Red bugs on my dog. my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I... (16483 views)

Food allergy? My pug will be eight in a few months. A few months ago, he started scratching alot.... (9080 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (42570 views)

Hypothyroidism? We have a 101 lbs. 7-year-old purebred Chocolate lab that has small to medium... (5925 views)

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (9550 views)

Yellow skin and then died. today my kitten who was a week old and a day past away but when i found him his... (8605 views)

Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor Two years ago, Sheena was diagnosed with neurofibrosarcoma, or peripheral nerve... (15074 views)