Kitten has diarrhea

Breed: mix breed
Hi, my four month old cat has not stopped doing runny poos since i have had her. i got her from the animal refuge almost three weeks ago.i am rely worried because now there is blood in it to.

i have tried worming her and also only giving dry food,i have changed brand of dry food but nothing has helped her. also her bottom seems to always be leaking. and she now has this balding,spiky patch on her tail.

Sorry to hear that Barbie is having problems.

It does sound like she will need to see the vet. There are a few possible causes. First of all, she may have a type of parasite that regular over the counter dewormers can't take care of such as coccidia or giardia.

It may be that she has a virus such as panleukopenia (similar to parvo in dogs). However, usually cats with this virus are very sick.

It is also possible that she has an imbalance in the bacteria in her intestines. Probiotics prescribed by the vet can help this. Sometimes small amounts of yogurt with bacterial culture can help.

It's also possible that she has a birth defect affecting her anus or her rectum.

Hopefully she can get to see the vet soon!

Wound on cat. My father's cat Jerry is 3 year old neutered male DSH who is up-to-date on all... (4688 views)

Trouble urinating after neuter surgery. Hi Dr, Max was neutered yesterday at 10 am. The nurses said he went to pee 2... (58969 views)

Dog died suddenly. Dr. Marie - We had a Yorkshire Terrier (would have been 12 years old in August).... (68114 views)

Parvo and hookworms. Last Monday, I got this puppy, a miniature doxen. Well, the first few days he was a... (23111 views)

Coconut milk for dogs. Okay my dog has suffered colitis since he was a pup, numerous vets said his food was... (109166 views)

Cat not eating. Hello, Dr. Haynes - My cat Simon doesn't seem to be eating or drinking very much... (49720 views)

Frontline and Sentry? My husband put sentry flea and tick squeeze on our dog 2 days ago,and it didn;t work... (9678 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (6860 views)

Sedative after heartworm treatment? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 and a half year old boxer/lab that is being treated... (13088 views)

Drinking more and thirsty LILI, 7.5 YRS OLD, HAS STARTED WETTING HER BED AND SHE HAS AN UNENDING THIRST AND... (14472 views)