Kitten has diarrhea

Breed: mix breed
Hi, my four month old cat has not stopped doing runny poos since i have had her. i got her from the animal refuge almost three weeks ago.i am rely worried because now there is blood in it to.

i have tried worming her and also only giving dry food,i have changed brand of dry food but nothing has helped her. also her bottom seems to always be leaking. and she now has this balding,spiky patch on her tail.

Sorry to hear that Barbie is having problems.

It does sound like she will need to see the vet. There are a few possible causes. First of all, she may have a type of parasite that regular over the counter dewormers can't take care of such as coccidia or giardia.

It may be that she has a virus such as panleukopenia (similar to parvo in dogs). However, usually cats with this virus are very sick.

It is also possible that she has an imbalance in the bacteria in her intestines. Probiotics prescribed by the vet can help this. Sometimes small amounts of yogurt with bacterial culture can help.

It's also possible that she has a birth defect affecting her anus or her rectum.

Hopefully she can get to see the vet soon!

Medication for aggressive dog? Hi! We adopted a 2.5 year old male white shepherd/lab, Denver, almost a year ago. At... (7275 views)

Scratching ears and shaking head. We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking... (7094 views)

Cat with a cold. My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her... (16363 views)

Wobbly after seizure. hello, I have a 4 year old husky mix who is epelectic. Hes on phenobarbital and... (38107 views)

Sudden death in a dog after swimming. My dog was swimming in the lake for 1-2 mins, she came out, then ran around suddenly... (11320 views)

Proteus indole positive diarrhea. Hello, I am from Romania. My cat Bruno (10 months) has diarrhea and at the faeces... (7678 views)

Dog has wound under arm. I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm? It... (8703 views)

Rash on Daschund My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites... (11227 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (4768 views)

Antibiotics for anal glands? Hi I have written before about our unique living situation. We are expats with... (6462 views)