Roundworms.

Breed: mixed
Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work? she is constipated except for some diareha from time to time. her stomach makes growling noises. can't really afford to take her to vet. should i administer a second does within the recommended 10-14 period if symptoms persist?

Roundworm medicine usually kills the worms within 24 hours. You do also need to do a second dose within 10-14 days to get any worms that were just in their egg stage when the first treatment was done.

A normal cat should not have constipation or diarrhea. So, unfortunately it does sound like she will need to see a vet.

Euthanasia for older cat. I euthanized my cat on Friday, and I regret it so badly. He was 14 1/2 years old,... (6908 views)

Cat died after surgery. my 4yr old cat had a puncture wound to the abdomen. 2 vets evaluated him. Gave him... (6720 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Dear Dr. Marie, I adopted a shelter dog from the southern US last September. He is... (8339 views)

Itchy dog. Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got... (4040 views)

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (18764 views)

Lump on dog's belly. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 5 year old Cocker Spaniel female - spayed when she was a... (11971 views)

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (14227 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (11406 views)

Arsenic in Rawhides? I've given my dogs rawhides for years with no problems--usually 1-2/day. They enjoy... (5402 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (31442 views)