Roundworms.

Breed: mixed
Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work? she is constipated except for some diareha from time to time. her stomach makes growling noises. can't really afford to take her to vet. should i administer a second does within the recommended 10-14 period if symptoms persist?

Roundworm medicine usually kills the worms within 24 hours. You do also need to do a second dose within 10-14 days to get any worms that were just in their egg stage when the first treatment was done.

A normal cat should not have constipation or diarrhea. So, unfortunately it does sound like she will need to see a vet.

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (8688 views)

Matts on my cat I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for... (7921 views)

Cat died after surgery. my 4yr old cat had a puncture wound to the abdomen. 2 vets evaluated him. Gave him... (9755 views)

Lance abscess? My dog was was in a fight with my roomates dog. He healed up and was himself a few... (12813 views)

Can't lift tail. my Golden Retriever's tail doesn't lift up like it normally does. She can still wag... (16346 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (8774 views)

Hypothyroidism? We have a 101 lbs. 7-year-old purebred Chocolate lab that has small to medium... (5408 views)

Hypoallergenic dogs. Dr. Marie, thank you for responding to my recent questions regarding my Pug, Newt. I... (7783 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (10637 views)

Dark sticky diarrhea. My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the... (14989 views)