Roundworms.

Breed: mixed
Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work? she is constipated except for some diareha from time to time. her stomach makes growling noises. can't really afford to take her to vet. should i administer a second does within the recommended 10-14 period if symptoms persist?

Roundworm medicine usually kills the worms within 24 hours. You do also need to do a second dose within 10-14 days to get any worms that were just in their egg stage when the first treatment was done.

A normal cat should not have constipation or diarrhea. So, unfortunately it does sound like she will need to see a vet.

Needs anals done often. Heidi is having trouble with anal glands. She is on a home cooked diet, mostly... (8086 views)

Lab not eating. My 13 yr old Lab, Dylan, who has NEVER turned her nose up at any kind of food, has... (19702 views)

Possible silent heat. She went into heat last year in August for the first time. She has not gone into... (11535 views)

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (7016 views)

Testicles are swollen. Bingo was hit from behind by a car mon nite. He got several cuts on 1 side of face,... (14524 views)

Can't use back legs. In the past 7 months my dog has had 2 "episodes". First, in September 2010 he had... (30723 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My cat seems to be ill. It's been a few days that starts sneezing. Now its... (4123 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (8113 views)

Foods unsafe for dogs? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 6 year old Shih Tzu. I have given him human food his... (7693 views)

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (8785 views)