Roundworms.

Breed: mixed
Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work? she is constipated except for some diareha from time to time. her stomach makes growling noises. can't really afford to take her to vet. should i administer a second does within the recommended 10-14 period if symptoms persist?

Roundworm medicine usually kills the worms within 24 hours. You do also need to do a second dose within 10-14 days to get any worms that were just in their egg stage when the first treatment was done.

A normal cat should not have constipation or diarrhea. So, unfortunately it does sound like she will need to see a vet.

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (8225 views)

Coughing kitten. I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible... (10701 views)

Diarrhea and large abdomen. My 5 yr old DSH has been acting weird for the last 2 days. He had foamy,watery... (5186 views)

Lump on hedgehog I have a hedgehog who has a lump behind his right ear and down into his neck. If I... (12750 views)

Does my cat have asthma? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat is on Clindomycin for an allergy she was determined to... (8691 views)

Gray spot near a dog's penis. My dog has gray spot on the bottom by his penis is this normal? He never had them... (8593 views)

Cats not eating. Viral Infection in Throat? I have 3 cats at home (in Singapore, Asia). 1... (8149 views)

Dog is panting a lot. My dog Sam has been panting alot for the past year. Recently he is doing this more... (19851 views)

Cat has scabs on neck. Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly... (8265 views)

Cat with crusty areas. Hello, I'd like some advice on diagnosis and treatment for my cat. She has had... (9336 views)