Lump on kitten's chest.

Breed: siamese
Hi

I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on the underneath of him and i can only describe it feeling like a bone sticking straight out however i know its not his rib because his ribs are tiny compared to this nodule/nobble / hard lump..... have you any idea what it might be and how it can be fixed

Thanks for your question!

It's always hard to talk about lumps online but I'll see if I can help.

I have seen some animals that have a strange thing on their chest that is actually a malformation of the end of the ribs. It's hard to describe but it's like the end of the last rib does an extra curl out and feels like a hard bone.

If the bump is right on the midline what you may be feeling is either his sternum or xyphoid both of which are normal parts of the rib cage.

It is unlikely that it is anything serious. But if it starts to get bothersome or if it is growing larger then a vet visit is a good idea.

Does Dawn Dishsoap kill fleas? Hi, I recently bought cat shampoo, and through research found that it was... (22233 views)

Kitten has diarrhea my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on... (5414 views)

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (4940 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (22429 views)

Lentigo on a daschund. Dear Dr. Marie, I just recently discovered these black dots on my dogs chest when... (36708 views)

Roundworms. Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work?... (17696 views)

Paralyzed dog now walking Emma's back legs have been paralyzed for almost 6 weeks. I took her to the vet and... (9270 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (6144 views)

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (40086 views)

Cat with a cold. My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her... (17941 views)