Lump on kitten's chest.

Breed: siamese
Hi

I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on the underneath of him and i can only describe it feeling like a bone sticking straight out however i know its not his rib because his ribs are tiny compared to this nodule/nobble / hard lump..... have you any idea what it might be and how it can be fixed

Thanks for your question!

It's always hard to talk about lumps online but I'll see if I can help.

I have seen some animals that have a strange thing on their chest that is actually a malformation of the end of the ribs. It's hard to describe but it's like the end of the last rib does an extra curl out and feels like a hard bone.

If the bump is right on the midline what you may be feeling is either his sternum or xyphoid both of which are normal parts of the rib cage.

It is unlikely that it is anything serious. But if it starts to get bothersome or if it is growing larger then a vet visit is a good idea.

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (9851 views)

Boxer bleeding from mouth. Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is... (66990 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (10510 views)

Dog's baby teeth not out. Hi Dr Marie, Happy Holidays to you. I have a question. I don't think this is a... (12956 views)

Morning after pill for dogs? Is there a "morning after pill" for dogs? ... (27349 views)

Kittens have tapeworm. Hello, About 4-5 weeks ago I adopted 2 12 week old kittens. They are littermates... (34186 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (4015 views)

Cat with asthma. Dr. Marie, Misto is a 9-year-old, 15-pound domestic shorthair, house-only cat who... (7868 views)

Dog is paralyzed. How are you? I have been reading lots of articles at your site and they help me... (4971 views)

Lump on paw pad. Hi Dr. Marie! Baileys is a patient of yours at Beechwood Animal Hospital. We were... (43791 views)