Lump on kitten's chest.

Breed: siamese
Hi

I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on the underneath of him and i can only describe it feeling like a bone sticking straight out however i know its not his rib because his ribs are tiny compared to this nodule/nobble / hard lump..... have you any idea what it might be and how it can be fixed

Thanks for your question!

It's always hard to talk about lumps online but I'll see if I can help.

I have seen some animals that have a strange thing on their chest that is actually a malformation of the end of the ribs. It's hard to describe but it's like the end of the last rib does an extra curl out and feels like a hard bone.

If the bump is right on the midline what you may be feeling is either his sternum or xyphoid both of which are normal parts of the rib cage.

It is unlikely that it is anything serious. But if it starts to get bothersome or if it is growing larger then a vet visit is a good idea.

Allergy treatment. I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes.... (8003 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (8181 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (7996 views)

Swollen ankle on dog. I have a 3 year old chocolate lab. He is very active. His right hind leg has a... (83554 views)

Does Prozac cause diarrhea in dogs? I want to know if continuing diarrhea is a possible side effect of prozac. My dog... (22674 views)

Treatment for kidney disease. My cat has recently been hospitalized for kidney failure. They have her on fluids... (4965 views)

Dog licking everything My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can... (14586 views)

Bloated stomach in Papillion. my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day... (24861 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (16612 views)

Dog jealous over owner. My female dog is 2 years old. She's a black lab. She had puppies and my boyfriend... (20159 views)