Lump on kitten's chest.

Breed: siamese
Hi

I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on the underneath of him and i can only describe it feeling like a bone sticking straight out however i know its not his rib because his ribs are tiny compared to this nodule/nobble / hard lump..... have you any idea what it might be and how it can be fixed

Thanks for your question!

It's always hard to talk about lumps online but I'll see if I can help.

I have seen some animals that have a strange thing on their chest that is actually a malformation of the end of the ribs. It's hard to describe but it's like the end of the last rib does an extra curl out and feels like a hard bone.

If the bump is right on the midline what you may be feeling is either his sternum or xyphoid both of which are normal parts of the rib cage.

It is unlikely that it is anything serious. But if it starts to get bothersome or if it is growing larger then a vet visit is a good idea.

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (43580 views)

Panleukopenia vaccine. we have two 12 week old kittens. last week we looked after two 7 week old kittens... (8467 views)

Swelling above dog's eye. This morning I noticed redness and swelling of my dog's upper eyelid. I gave him one... (31516 views)

Liver infections in cat. My 13 year old cat has had at least 3 serious, life threatening liver infections... (6975 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (6367 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (11591 views)

Cat is killing lizards. My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water... (14354 views)

Lump with open sores. Hello. My dog has a very large lump on his leg with open sores which bleeds... (27633 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (5065 views)

Is celery safe for rabbits? is it okey to feed my rabbits celery? i did research on what veggies to feed my... (9679 views)