Clumsy,wobbly yorkiepoo.

Breed: yorkiepoo
My son put my 11 month old yorkiepoo outside yesterday and he didn't let him back in until I got home at 6:00, He is now acting very strange he hasn't barked, he's not playful, I have to feed him water from a syringe, he is off balance, and is running into things very clumsy. But when we take him out to do his business I can get him to run around a little bit but thats about it. He has been urinating normal all day and has had two bowel movements. He has laid around all night last night and all day today sleeping. He seems to be breathing normal but when I call his name he doesn't respond but if I ask him if he wants to go for a ride he responds. When he is standing he leans against things. I am very concerned about him but I don't have the money for a vet bill. What should I do?

This is a tough question to answer without actually seeing Max.

So, to summarize his problems:
-He is acting strange.
-He isn't barking.
-He is not playful.
-He is off balance.
-He is not drinking (or eating?)
-He is running into things and very clumsy and leaning against things.

These symptoms make me worry about some type of neurological problem (i.e. something affecting the brain.)

Unfortunately, in a small dog like a yorkiepoo one possibility is something called a portosystemic shunt (or liver shunt). This is a condition that small dogs can be born with that cause blood flow to not travel through the liver properly. When this happens there is a buildup of ammonia and this affects the brain causing symptoms of drunkenness.

While some dogs can be cured of a liver shunt with surgery the surgery is very risky and expensive. There are some dogs if mildly affected that can survive with medications and special food.

It's also possible that your dog got into something toxic to the brain such as certain types of mushrooms (are there any in your yard?) or drugs such as marijuana or other drugs.

Another possibility is some pain such as in his back, but I don't think this is what you are describing.

If these symptoms persist more than 24 hours then a vet visit really is the best idea.

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (9435 views)

43 days pregnant and not eating. MY DOG IS 43 DAYS PREGNANT, SHE HAS LOW APETITE, DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PETPRO TABS 1... (7917 views)

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (14180 views)

Doesn't like s/d. My dog has bladder stones(a lot) and was put on Hills Prescription diet s/d Canine... (9579 views)

Sore eye in a dog. Hi, My Yorkie's left eye is squinting; it looks like she can't open it. She has... (24307 views)

Vet didn't ask my permission. I came home to find my beloved cat unable to stand (seemed drunken) and felt cooler... (8324 views)

Allergic reaction and diarrhea. Dr, My 3 1/2 year old basset hound is having multiple issues that in my best... (10005 views)

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (22931 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (31430 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog has a hard time standing up from the sitting position. Occasionally, he will... (11450 views)