Clumsy,wobbly yorkiepoo.

Breed: yorkiepoo
My son put my 11 month old yorkiepoo outside yesterday and he didn't let him back in until I got home at 6:00, He is now acting very strange he hasn't barked, he's not playful, I have to feed him water from a syringe, he is off balance, and is running into things very clumsy. But when we take him out to do his business I can get him to run around a little bit but thats about it. He has been urinating normal all day and has had two bowel movements. He has laid around all night last night and all day today sleeping. He seems to be breathing normal but when I call his name he doesn't respond but if I ask him if he wants to go for a ride he responds. When he is standing he leans against things. I am very concerned about him but I don't have the money for a vet bill. What should I do?

This is a tough question to answer without actually seeing Max.

So, to summarize his problems:
-He is acting strange.
-He isn't barking.
-He is not playful.
-He is off balance.
-He is not drinking (or eating?)
-He is running into things and very clumsy and leaning against things.

These symptoms make me worry about some type of neurological problem (i.e. something affecting the brain.)

Unfortunately, in a small dog like a yorkiepoo one possibility is something called a portosystemic shunt (or liver shunt). This is a condition that small dogs can be born with that cause blood flow to not travel through the liver properly. When this happens there is a buildup of ammonia and this affects the brain causing symptoms of drunkenness.

While some dogs can be cured of a liver shunt with surgery the surgery is very risky and expensive. There are some dogs if mildly affected that can survive with medications and special food.

It's also possible that your dog got into something toxic to the brain such as certain types of mushrooms (are there any in your yard?) or drugs such as marijuana or other drugs.

Another possibility is some pain such as in his back, but I don't think this is what you are describing.

If these symptoms persist more than 24 hours then a vet visit really is the best idea.

Upper respiratory virus Thank you for your past advise. I now have another question that is regarding... (16544 views)

Sores on dog's leg. My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its... (9889 views)

Two gerbils fighting. i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting... (9048 views)

Hair loss around eyes. Recently my maltese is loosing hair around his eyes. I have been feeding him the... (15427 views)

Puppy not eating. Hello my 7 month old pup just recently started to eat less. This just started 2... (25766 views)

Howling at night time. My cat is has been meowing quite a bit and she is a little on lethargic side. In... (11389 views)

Dog ate battery fluid. My dog chewed up a AA battery. It doesn't appear that she ingested any pieces of it... (17565 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (22052 views)

Cat is very thirsty. I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently... (10977 views)

Can't walk, dehydrated puppy. My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously... (16798 views)