Lump on cat's abdomen.

Breed: DLH
My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It does not appear to be tender to the touch. There is some redness coming out from it. She is an indoor cat and approximately 14 years old.

Thank you for your question. What you are describing does have me a little concerned. If your cat was an outdoor cat then I would be wondering if this were some type of an abscess from a cat fight, but if she is indoors then an abscess is quite unlikely unless you have other cats that she plays with.

The most common reason to see a hard oozing lump on the belly of a cat would be some type of a mammary tumor. Is she spayed? This is much more common in unspayed females but can happen in spayed cats as well.

There are several types of tumors that can affect cats in this area. Some can be treated with surgery.

I would highly suggest that you have your vet take a look at her as soon as possible. They can give you an idea as to whether this is something treatable and what treatment options you have.

I do hope that things work out ok.

Thank you. I sent a picture of the spot. I thought mammary too, but it seems a little low for that. Thank you for your response.

Thank you for sending the photo. I'm definitely still worried. The mammary chain does extend this far down the body so this is still my first guess.

mammary tumor on a cat

Thank you. I will make an appointment for her today.

Cancerous growth in dog's mouth? Hi, I have just spotted a growth in my dogs mouth. What does mouth cancer look like... (13591 views)

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (18590 views)

Puppy ate Imodium We think our 11-week-old puppy ate an Imodium. He weighs 6.5 pounds. Do we need to... (22607 views)

Reduce allergies to cats. I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is... (8106 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (4553 views)

Pregnant dog with a fever? My bitch is pregnant - 63 days from first breeding today. Reproduction specialist... (39117 views)

MacuGuard Ocular Support My 13 year-old, 16lbs, Poodle toy is on the Royal Canin Satiety Support, as... (5641 views)

Vaginal bleeding. Hi, my little desexed jack russell is bleeding slightly from her vagina when she... (94490 views)

Coughing puppy. My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up as if she has something stuck in... (11607 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (14827 views)