Lump on cat's abdomen.

Breed: DLH
My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It does not appear to be tender to the touch. There is some redness coming out from it. She is an indoor cat and approximately 14 years old.

Thank you for your question. What you are describing does have me a little concerned. If your cat was an outdoor cat then I would be wondering if this were some type of an abscess from a cat fight, but if she is indoors then an abscess is quite unlikely unless you have other cats that she plays with.

The most common reason to see a hard oozing lump on the belly of a cat would be some type of a mammary tumor. Is she spayed? This is much more common in unspayed females but can happen in spayed cats as well.

There are several types of tumors that can affect cats in this area. Some can be treated with surgery.

I would highly suggest that you have your vet take a look at her as soon as possible. They can give you an idea as to whether this is something treatable and what treatment options you have.

I do hope that things work out ok.

Thank you. I sent a picture of the spot. I thought mammary too, but it seems a little low for that. Thank you for your response.

Thank you for sending the photo. I'm definitely still worried. The mammary chain does extend this far down the body so this is still my first guess.

mammary tumor on a cat

Thank you. I will make an appointment for her today.

Cat with diarrhea but eating. My 12 year old tabby had watery diarrhea and vomited 1 night ago. I took food away... (25749 views)

Prednisone and Tramadol for Neck Pain. Seymour is a 7-year old black neufy/mix, 110 lbs,very strong and energetic. The... (17369 views)

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (12300 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (7421 views)

Puppies are dying after fire. We just got a couple of pit puppies, 2 weeks old - the mother dog died in a house... (8476 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (77586 views)

When to neuter my dog. Hi, I have an 8 month old 63 lb male intact golden retriver. When should I neuter... (9876 views)

Chronic pancreatitis flareup. Kasma is currently being treated for chronic pancreatitis...she's been on... (8585 views)

Dog sick after eating apricots. Yesterday I found Poppy and my other Aussie eating apricots from the neighbors... (23433 views)

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (9120 views)