Lump on cat's abdomen.

Breed: DLH
My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It does not appear to be tender to the touch. There is some redness coming out from it. She is an indoor cat and approximately 14 years old.

Thank you for your question. What you are describing does have me a little concerned. If your cat was an outdoor cat then I would be wondering if this were some type of an abscess from a cat fight, but if she is indoors then an abscess is quite unlikely unless you have other cats that she plays with.

The most common reason to see a hard oozing lump on the belly of a cat would be some type of a mammary tumor. Is she spayed? This is much more common in unspayed females but can happen in spayed cats as well.

There are several types of tumors that can affect cats in this area. Some can be treated with surgery.

I would highly suggest that you have your vet take a look at her as soon as possible. They can give you an idea as to whether this is something treatable and what treatment options you have.

I do hope that things work out ok.

Thank you. I sent a picture of the spot. I thought mammary too, but it seems a little low for that. Thank you for your response.

Thank you for sending the photo. I'm definitely still worried. The mammary chain does extend this far down the body so this is still my first guess.

mammary tumor on a cat

Thank you. I will make an appointment for her today.

Different pupil sizes in older cat. I recently noticed that my cat's irises don't match... one is opened wide, the other... (30687 views)

Vomiting undigested food. My cat primarily eats dry food. She frequently vomits undigested food.What can I do... (15525 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (9415 views)

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (12679 views)

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (44904 views)

Boxer grinding teeth. my fixed female boxer has recently started grinding her teeth. she seems to do this... (57114 views)

Wobbly lab. Hello - About 4 weeks ago, Koda started acting very stiff around his neck so we... (17705 views)

Dog has liver cancer. Our 12 year old Golden/Lab mix has been diagnosed with liver cancer. What can we do... (27188 views)

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (75692 views)

UTI has returned? We are currently living abroad in Kazakhstan. Vet care here is not what we are used... (35766 views)