Lump on cat's abdomen.

Breed: DLH
My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It does not appear to be tender to the touch. There is some redness coming out from it. She is an indoor cat and approximately 14 years old.

Thank you for your question. What you are describing does have me a little concerned. If your cat was an outdoor cat then I would be wondering if this were some type of an abscess from a cat fight, but if she is indoors then an abscess is quite unlikely unless you have other cats that she plays with.

The most common reason to see a hard oozing lump on the belly of a cat would be some type of a mammary tumor. Is she spayed? This is much more common in unspayed females but can happen in spayed cats as well.

There are several types of tumors that can affect cats in this area. Some can be treated with surgery.

I would highly suggest that you have your vet take a look at her as soon as possible. They can give you an idea as to whether this is something treatable and what treatment options you have.

I do hope that things work out ok.

Thank you. I sent a picture of the spot. I thought mammary too, but it seems a little low for that. Thank you for your response.

Thank you for sending the photo. I'm definitely still worried. The mammary chain does extend this far down the body so this is still my first guess.

mammary tumor on a cat

Thank you. I will make an appointment for her today.

Large lump on dog's side. A lump (about the size of a quarter) showed up suddenly on his side, about an inch... (26018 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (17082 views)

Something in throat? Husband won't let me take cat to vet..childrens pet. Cat stopped eating a few days... (35687 views)

Boxer bleeding from mouth. Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is... (70203 views)

Leaking urine after swimming. I have a 5 year old female (spayed) Golden Doodle. We take her swimming several... (29974 views)

Seizures Max is 14. Four nights ago he had a big seizure that lasted about 60-90 seconds. ... (92562 views)

Thinking of getting a malamute. hi, i currently have a malchi. he is part maltese part chihuahua. i have been... (11160 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (23795 views)

Old deaf dog. my dog is 16 yrs old and since he's gone deaf he gets very agitated when left,... (9490 views)

Dog ate a feminine pad. My Boyfriend's Dog scooter is a German Shorthaired Pointer. He is about 4 years old.... (192974 views)