Lump on cat's abdomen.

Breed: DLH
My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It does not appear to be tender to the touch. There is some redness coming out from it. She is an indoor cat and approximately 14 years old.

Thank you for your question. What you are describing does have me a little concerned. If your cat was an outdoor cat then I would be wondering if this were some type of an abscess from a cat fight, but if she is indoors then an abscess is quite unlikely unless you have other cats that she plays with.

The most common reason to see a hard oozing lump on the belly of a cat would be some type of a mammary tumor. Is she spayed? This is much more common in unspayed females but can happen in spayed cats as well.

There are several types of tumors that can affect cats in this area. Some can be treated with surgery.

I would highly suggest that you have your vet take a look at her as soon as possible. They can give you an idea as to whether this is something treatable and what treatment options you have.

I do hope that things work out ok.

Thank you. I sent a picture of the spot. I thought mammary too, but it seems a little low for that. Thank you for your response.

Thank you for sending the photo. I'm definitely still worried. The mammary chain does extend this far down the body so this is still my first guess.

mammary tumor on a cat

Thank you. I will make an appointment for her today.

Itchy feet, belly, tail. I live in MA with my dog. We went to NY (an hour north of NYC) at the very beginning... (29448 views)

Dog ate collar. Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a... (14014 views)

Cat with bald belly. Our cat (6 years old) has bitten off the hair on her stomach. Our vet (in Latvia)... (12631 views)

Brain tumor or epilepsy? Hi Dr. Marie I have a yellow lab named Sam He experienced seizures twice... (10716 views)

Does pet store flea medicine work? My dog just got fleas. I've given her multiple flea baths, flea collar, and flea... (11897 views)

Guinea pig biting. How I can gently dissuade my guinea pig from nibbling and nipping me? Recently my... (8844 views)

Vomiting every time she eats. My cat is throwing up every time she eats, what is the... (19207 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (8978 views)

Does vinegar kill fleas? I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas... (8426 views)

Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea. i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and... (20884 views)