Fluid in chest?

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it sounds like he cant breath well. it looks like he tries really hard to take in a deep breath but then it sounds like he doesnt get much air. Sometimes when he breathes out it sounds like almost nothing comes out and thats when he starts to get really uncomfortable and moves around a lot. It seems like he cant sleep well because of this, like it keeps him from sleeping for long periods of time.
Also when he is having this issue sometimes it sounds like he gets the hiccups. They can come and go within minutes and that just recently started happening.
Also just the other night while he was sleeping it sounded like his breath was very moist. He was breathing through his nose and thats when he really seemed to get uncomfortable with his breathing and kept moving around.
Do you have any ideas what he could possibly be going through?

It sounds like Cosmo needs to see a vet right away. He may have some fluid in his chest. The most common causes of fluid in a dog of this age are heart failure and cancer.

Your vet may take some xrays. If it is heart disease they may be able to help with medications.

Please don't wait any longer as it is very uncomfortable for a dog to live with fluid in his chest.

Stroke or brain tumor? I have been doing a lot of searching on the internet over the weekend and am glad... (11135 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (52289 views)

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (21803 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (10247 views)

Pitbull with breathing problems. My daughter rescued a pit bull a few years ago. He has been an amazing dog. However,... (13268 views)

Diarrhea with blood Hi Dr. Marie. My dog has had diarrhea for a couple of days. He still seems to be... (13455 views)

Do dogs get sciatica? Hi, about three weeks ago zues' back legs seemed week and clumsy and he was dripping... (13621 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (13632 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (31271 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (11093 views)