Fluid in chest?

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it sounds like he cant breath well. it looks like he tries really hard to take in a deep breath but then it sounds like he doesnt get much air. Sometimes when he breathes out it sounds like almost nothing comes out and thats when he starts to get really uncomfortable and moves around a lot. It seems like he cant sleep well because of this, like it keeps him from sleeping for long periods of time.
Also when he is having this issue sometimes it sounds like he gets the hiccups. They can come and go within minutes and that just recently started happening.
Also just the other night while he was sleeping it sounded like his breath was very moist. He was breathing through his nose and thats when he really seemed to get uncomfortable with his breathing and kept moving around.
Do you have any ideas what he could possibly be going through?

It sounds like Cosmo needs to see a vet right away. He may have some fluid in his chest. The most common causes of fluid in a dog of this age are heart failure and cancer.

Your vet may take some xrays. If it is heart disease they may be able to help with medications.

Please don't wait any longer as it is very uncomfortable for a dog to live with fluid in his chest.

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (8622 views)

Cut on ear. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog was attacked by a collie two days ago. They were just... (27520 views)

Will mating kill my dog? i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the... (6003 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (25148 views)

Should I spay my older dog? Greetings, I have an 8 year old female shih tzu that never had any puppies,and... (12430 views)

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (53042 views)

Golden Retriever Losing Weight. Hi my dog is 13 years old ,and tough he acts fine ,and goes walking everyday,he has... (13980 views)

Ovarian remnant syndrome. Hi there, We had our beautiful, angel, female kitten spayed just over one month... (4933 views)

Rat lost his brother. My rat has lost his brother will he be ok i am not getting another... (9763 views)

Yorkie having seizures. my dog has fits his back legs go stiff he then starts panting excessively his fur is... (7535 views)