Fluid in chest?

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it sounds like he cant breath well. it looks like he tries really hard to take in a deep breath but then it sounds like he doesnt get much air. Sometimes when he breathes out it sounds like almost nothing comes out and thats when he starts to get really uncomfortable and moves around a lot. It seems like he cant sleep well because of this, like it keeps him from sleeping for long periods of time.
Also when he is having this issue sometimes it sounds like he gets the hiccups. They can come and go within minutes and that just recently started happening.
Also just the other night while he was sleeping it sounded like his breath was very moist. He was breathing through his nose and thats when he really seemed to get uncomfortable with his breathing and kept moving around.
Do you have any ideas what he could possibly be going through?

It sounds like Cosmo needs to see a vet right away. He may have some fluid in his chest. The most common causes of fluid in a dog of this age are heart failure and cancer.

Your vet may take some xrays. If it is heart disease they may be able to help with medications.

Please don't wait any longer as it is very uncomfortable for a dog to live with fluid in his chest.

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (14939 views)

Yellow vaginal discharge. my female cat has yellow vaginal discharge what does this mean? is it a sign of... (13727 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (20982 views)

Peach stone or pancreatitis? My dog ate a peach stone. It appeared to give no problems, but two to three weeks... (8024 views)

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (9927 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (8189 views)

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (19198 views)

Dental cleaning extend dog's life? My Pug Chocko has a tooth that feels loose. I think it's his lower central incisor... (7589 views)

Why does guinea pig have pink poop? Hi! I am a big fan! So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink... (15165 views)

Staple in armpit. I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in... (6454 views)