Fluid in chest?

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it sounds like he cant breath well. it looks like he tries really hard to take in a deep breath but then it sounds like he doesnt get much air. Sometimes when he breathes out it sounds like almost nothing comes out and thats when he starts to get really uncomfortable and moves around a lot. It seems like he cant sleep well because of this, like it keeps him from sleeping for long periods of time.
Also when he is having this issue sometimes it sounds like he gets the hiccups. They can come and go within minutes and that just recently started happening.
Also just the other night while he was sleeping it sounded like his breath was very moist. He was breathing through his nose and thats when he really seemed to get uncomfortable with his breathing and kept moving around.
Do you have any ideas what he could possibly be going through?

It sounds like Cosmo needs to see a vet right away. He may have some fluid in his chest. The most common causes of fluid in a dog of this age are heart failure and cancer.

Your vet may take some xrays. If it is heart disease they may be able to help with medications.

Please don't wait any longer as it is very uncomfortable for a dog to live with fluid in his chest.

Big lymph nodes. My dog has swollen lymph nodes for about 15 days now and they are all over his body.... (21145 views)

Black widow spider bite. Hi, A good friend of mine woke up this morning and found her cat dead in her... (7119 views)

Dog spinning and bothered My dog doesn't have flea's but acts like he is being bothered by something. He... (11724 views)

Do cats get leptospirosis? Hi... My Name is Dasha.. i'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. I had a kitten, named Lilo,... (11145 views)

Straining to urinate. bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes... (8580 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (18630 views)

Trouble urinating. For about a week I have noticed my aging male neutered dog having a hard time... (45898 views)

Whipworm treatment? I was looking into a preventative whip worm product as my vet keeps telling me that... (4976 views)

Trouble moving. Firts, I am owner of 3 dogs~ Last Saturday we found a small tick on buddy. He... (10894 views)

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (12928 views)