Fluid in chest?

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it sounds like he cant breath well. it looks like he tries really hard to take in a deep breath but then it sounds like he doesnt get much air. Sometimes when he breathes out it sounds like almost nothing comes out and thats when he starts to get really uncomfortable and moves around a lot. It seems like he cant sleep well because of this, like it keeps him from sleeping for long periods of time.
Also when he is having this issue sometimes it sounds like he gets the hiccups. They can come and go within minutes and that just recently started happening.
Also just the other night while he was sleeping it sounded like his breath was very moist. He was breathing through his nose and thats when he really seemed to get uncomfortable with his breathing and kept moving around.
Do you have any ideas what he could possibly be going through?

It sounds like Cosmo needs to see a vet right away. He may have some fluid in his chest. The most common causes of fluid in a dog of this age are heart failure and cancer.

Your vet may take some xrays. If it is heart disease they may be able to help with medications.

Please don't wait any longer as it is very uncomfortable for a dog to live with fluid in his chest.

Chicken jerky from Thailand. We hear about the chicken jerkey from China, how about the jerkey from Thiland. Do... (5810 views)

Brown bugs on my dog. I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered... (7980 views)

Flea Allergy Hello Shelby has two to three spots that she has been licking and chewing on by... (10534 views)

Sheltie leaking urine. We have noticed that my spayed 5 1/2 year female Sheltie has been leaking a little... (12571 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, I got Winston when he was just 5 weeks old and he's just a little over 4... (7447 views)

Need spanish to be a vet? I am wishing to go into the veterinary workforce, and I would love to know if you... (10339 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (4323 views)

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (10364 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (10830 views)

Pregnant dog has tick disease. my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her... (9942 views)