Fluid in chest?

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it sounds like he cant breath well. it looks like he tries really hard to take in a deep breath but then it sounds like he doesnt get much air. Sometimes when he breathes out it sounds like almost nothing comes out and thats when he starts to get really uncomfortable and moves around a lot. It seems like he cant sleep well because of this, like it keeps him from sleeping for long periods of time.
Also when he is having this issue sometimes it sounds like he gets the hiccups. They can come and go within minutes and that just recently started happening.
Also just the other night while he was sleeping it sounded like his breath was very moist. He was breathing through his nose and thats when he really seemed to get uncomfortable with his breathing and kept moving around.
Do you have any ideas what he could possibly be going through?

It sounds like Cosmo needs to see a vet right away. He may have some fluid in his chest. The most common causes of fluid in a dog of this age are heart failure and cancer.

Your vet may take some xrays. If it is heart disease they may be able to help with medications.

Please don't wait any longer as it is very uncomfortable for a dog to live with fluid in his chest.

Disinfecting dishes. Hello Marie, I am contacting you again to ask a question about a part of my cat... (11526 views)

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (9208 views)

Grunting pitbull I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I... (12008 views)

Ketoconazole, Heartgard, Comfortis. Good morning. Well this is kind of a follow-up question on Poppi. I wrote to you on... (6592 views)

MRI for trouble standing? My dog Odie is paralyzed on the right side. No symptoms, no warnings, one night we... (11275 views)

Dog ate staples My dog may have ingested 4 staples last night around midnight. She is acting... (52142 views)

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (11596 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (24615 views)

Diarrhea and coughing. First off let me apologize for the convoluted description of the symptoms, but I... (6093 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (8648 views)