Fluid in chest?

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it sounds like he cant breath well. it looks like he tries really hard to take in a deep breath but then it sounds like he doesnt get much air. Sometimes when he breathes out it sounds like almost nothing comes out and thats when he starts to get really uncomfortable and moves around a lot. It seems like he cant sleep well because of this, like it keeps him from sleeping for long periods of time.
Also when he is having this issue sometimes it sounds like he gets the hiccups. They can come and go within minutes and that just recently started happening.
Also just the other night while he was sleeping it sounded like his breath was very moist. He was breathing through his nose and thats when he really seemed to get uncomfortable with his breathing and kept moving around.
Do you have any ideas what he could possibly be going through?

It sounds like Cosmo needs to see a vet right away. He may have some fluid in his chest. The most common causes of fluid in a dog of this age are heart failure and cancer.

Your vet may take some xrays. If it is heart disease they may be able to help with medications.

Please don't wait any longer as it is very uncomfortable for a dog to live with fluid in his chest.

Lance abscess? My dog was was in a fight with my roomates dog. He healed up and was himself a few... (11352 views)

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (6448 views)

Hard lump below ribs. My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it... (16224 views)

Can dogs take human antibiotics? Can dogs take human antibiotics or triple creams for... (14343 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (10391 views)

Puppy and adult dog vomiting. Our 8 yr old lab became ill about 2 weeks ago with occassional vomiting, diarrhea,... (4693 views)

Not sure if first shots done. I just bought a 7 week old pomeranian from a local family. They told me he has had... (35932 views)

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (12909 views)

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (11649 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (11394 views)