Fluid in chest?

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it sounds like he cant breath well. it looks like he tries really hard to take in a deep breath but then it sounds like he doesnt get much air. Sometimes when he breathes out it sounds like almost nothing comes out and thats when he starts to get really uncomfortable and moves around a lot. It seems like he cant sleep well because of this, like it keeps him from sleeping for long periods of time.
Also when he is having this issue sometimes it sounds like he gets the hiccups. They can come and go within minutes and that just recently started happening.
Also just the other night while he was sleeping it sounded like his breath was very moist. He was breathing through his nose and thats when he really seemed to get uncomfortable with his breathing and kept moving around.
Do you have any ideas what he could possibly be going through?

It sounds like Cosmo needs to see a vet right away. He may have some fluid in his chest. The most common causes of fluid in a dog of this age are heart failure and cancer.

Your vet may take some xrays. If it is heart disease they may be able to help with medications.

Please don't wait any longer as it is very uncomfortable for a dog to live with fluid in his chest.

Vomiting Dog. I contacted you about Little White Dog on April 24. She had had an exploratory to... (17401 views)

Coughing dog. I have two very healthy Min Pins. Well I had two healthy dogs. Last weekend we... (3854 views)

Senior cat not eating and losing weight. My male cat will not eat and when he does only small amounts. we are constantly... (8945 views)

Dog weak slow and shaking. My dog has become not interest in anything and has become very weak and has very... (12667 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (11805 views)

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (9814 views)

Dog leaking urine. Good Evening. Charlot is a rescued dog so I do know his history prior to his new... (11477 views)

Missing patches of hair. I just got my chocolate lab from out of town a few days ago and I have noticed... (8576 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (9091 views)

dog rigid then drowsy I was rubbing my dog's tummy while he was lying on his back like always. He then... (7260 views)