Young dog with loose stool.

Breed: Amstaff
I fed my dog PURINA and switched quickly to ORIJEN 6 FISH. Dogs stool became worse, almost diarrhea. What can you advise?
Thank you in advance for your peply.

There are a lot of different things that can cause diarrhea.

I am really not a fan of Orijen as I have seen a lot of dogs get diarrhea on this food.

With that being said, if a 3-6 month old dog has diarrhea it's likely not because of the food.

The best thing you can do is have your vet examine a stool sample to do tests for parasites. You can try using a dewormer and repeating this in 2 weeks. However, often puppies will have parasites that need special prescribed medicines. Two examples are giardia and coccidia.

Feeding sardines. I have a male Maltese which I have owned for 4 years, he was a rescue dog so his... (13820 views)

Tramadol and SAMe Hello Dr. Marie! I feel like Oreo and I have become somewhat of a regular here on... (13165 views)

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (7231 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (31221 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (8449 views)

Runny eyes in a persian. Hi there I just recently got Chewey who is a extreme flat face persian and his eyes... (17853 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (10917 views)

Genetic defects in a puppy. my dog has tapeworms and she gave birth to four puppies.one was born really skinny... (9837 views)

Bulldog losing hair. hello, I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was... (18852 views)

Cat howling at night. Our 25 yo orange tiger stripe male developed kidney failure and we had to make the... (7991 views)