Young dog with loose stool.

Breed: Amstaff
I fed my dog PURINA and switched quickly to ORIJEN 6 FISH. Dogs stool became worse, almost diarrhea. What can you advise?
Thank you in advance for your peply.

There are a lot of different things that can cause diarrhea.

I am really not a fan of Orijen as I have seen a lot of dogs get diarrhea on this food.

With that being said, if a 3-6 month old dog has diarrhea it's likely not because of the food.

The best thing you can do is have your vet examine a stool sample to do tests for parasites. You can try using a dewormer and repeating this in 2 weeks. However, often puppies will have parasites that need special prescribed medicines. Two examples are giardia and coccidia.

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (37682 views)

Cat licking his fur. Good evening, My 4 year old tuxedo cat has always been quite special (he meows... (16525 views)

Gunky eyes in kittens. Hello, We have four newborn kittens--19 days old. One died 2 days ago--we... (12880 views)

Large lump on dog's side. A lump (about the size of a quarter) showed up suddenly on his side, about an inch... (30199 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (31914 views)

vet question Dear Madame Veterinarian: Our Siberian has one of the best pedigrees we could've... (12993 views)

Gerbil has rash on nose. My brothers pet gerbial has like a res rash or something aroud is nose and we are... (11922 views)

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (76130 views)

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (12528 views)

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (67145 views)