Young dog with loose stool.

Breed: Amstaff
I fed my dog PURINA and switched quickly to ORIJEN 6 FISH. Dogs stool became worse, almost diarrhea. What can you advise?
Thank you in advance for your peply.

There are a lot of different things that can cause diarrhea.

I am really not a fan of Orijen as I have seen a lot of dogs get diarrhea on this food.

With that being said, if a 3-6 month old dog has diarrhea it's likely not because of the food.

The best thing you can do is have your vet examine a stool sample to do tests for parasites. You can try using a dewormer and repeating this in 2 weeks. However, often puppies will have parasites that need special prescribed medicines. Two examples are giardia and coccidia.

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (14215 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (9557 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (11172 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (8898 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (11029 views)

Vomiting dog. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog Frank is usually very active, but one week ago he was feeling... (6407 views)

Gabapentin and Metacam My 19 year old cat, Lily, has chronic arthritis pain. We have tried Cosequin and it... (10042 views)

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (8412 views)

Bumps on belly and vomiting. MY NEO IS AROUND 2 MONTHS OLD,NOT YET VACCINATED. FOR SOME DAYS BOILS ARE... (6968 views)

Time to put dog to sleep? My dog is very old and has been Very skinny the past month, But yesterday he lost... (6718 views)