Young dog with loose stool.

Breed: Amstaff
I fed my dog PURINA and switched quickly to ORIJEN 6 FISH. Dogs stool became worse, almost diarrhea. What can you advise?
Thank you in advance for your peply.

There are a lot of different things that can cause diarrhea.

I am really not a fan of Orijen as I have seen a lot of dogs get diarrhea on this food.

With that being said, if a 3-6 month old dog has diarrhea it's likely not because of the food.

The best thing you can do is have your vet examine a stool sample to do tests for parasites. You can try using a dewormer and repeating this in 2 weeks. However, often puppies will have parasites that need special prescribed medicines. Two examples are giardia and coccidia.

Time to put dog to sleep? My dog is very old and has been Very skinny the past month, But yesterday he lost... (6365 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (3611 views)

Should older dog be spayed? Hi, I have a 10 years old chihuahua, she has no obvious health issues other than... (9683 views)

Why do cats lick plastic? I have a 2 year old Himalayan Cat named Felix. He will be 3 in April. He drives me... (24638 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (16718 views)

Dog jealous over owner. My female dog is 2 years old. She's a black lab. She had puppies and my boyfriend... (16310 views)

Recurrent bladder infection. I have a four month old pug puppy that has had symptoms of UTI since 4/8/13. She is... (11029 views)

Skin infection is back. Hello Doctor, My dog has had open sores on his ears, neck and back. They start as... (7562 views)

deramaxx, Dasuquin and AdvantixIII Is it ok for Casey to be on deramaxx desaquin and k9advantix 2... (6650 views)

Vomiting and red skin. Dr. Marie My buddy Bobber is sick. He is currently seeing a vet. I read a Q and A... (5985 views)