Bald spots on dog

Breed: staffordshire bullte
I have 2 staffordshire bullterriers which are brothers 1 of them has lost a spot of hair on the back top part of his head and the other 1 his fur on his tail has gone a lighter colour than the rest of him, i dont know if this is in the genes but they are still acting like they normally do. I am concerned because if it needs treating i would like to get it sorted asap.

many thanks

ben

I'm wondering if what you are seeing is a sign of demodex. Demodex is a parasite that dogs can be born with. Some dogs have a genetic problem that makes them not be able to fight off demodex.

It is easy for your vet to diagnose demodex by doing a skin scraping.

If this is just one or two spots then I wouldn't be too worried. We don't usually treat demodex if it is just a couple of spots.

But, some dogs will develop something called generalized demodex where the skin gets infected and this can be quite serious.

Of course, there are other possibilities. So, if you see more spots or if they start to get bothersome then a vet visit is the best idea.

Anal gland problems. Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's... (8188 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (11979 views)

Bad for dog to eat paper? iv had Lexi 4 almost 6 months now, and she just loves to chew paper. i know she is... (38711 views)

Newborn puppy not eating. Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours... (9837 views)

Cyst on dog? My toy rat terrier chiuaua mix has a clear bumpy thing on her side just below her... (7976 views)

Dog licking anus after vaccines. The day after a routine vax appt with a new vet, our dog suddenly began licking her... (11493 views)

Why did my dog die? Hi, My dog died recently. She was 11 yr.s 9 mo.s old, about 55-60 lbs.,... (156984 views)

Guinea pig-Scab and itchy. my guinea pig is scratching a sore what is wrong with... (10933 views)

Radiation danger to pets? I am currently undergoing radioactive iodine therapy and my doctor says that I need... (35978 views)

Clear discharge from dog's nose. Hello, My 3 year old Golden Retriever has been blowing her nose--exactly how... (22405 views)