Did laundry soap cause seizures?

Breed: pomeranian
two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even around his face. He may have got some in his mouth, and he did inhale it because he was around his mouth. He's been having seizures, especially focal seizure. Could he be having the seizures from getting the soap in his mouth, or from inhaling it? The emergency vet said he has epilepsy a week ago. I'm concerned he may not have epilespy and the soap might be a cause to his seizures. Please help me

I'm very sorry to hear that your dog is having seizures. These are extremely unlikely to be caused directly by the soap.

However, if a dog has epilepsy then any sort of stress can set off a seizure sometimes. So, if the soap episode was very stressful this may have triggered the epilepsy.

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (16040 views)

Dog ate goat feces. Hello, We had a baby goat that contracted tetanus. Before we knew he was sick, he... (9378 views)

Aggressive dog torn nail Lincoln split his nail 2 weeks ago. I put Neosporin on it and wrapped it with a... (10255 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (8377 views)

Puppy vomiting and not eating. my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy... (13435 views)

Hartz and Advantage. I gave my cat Hartz one spot flea treatment and it doesnt work grrrr, i gave it on... (9521 views)

Limping dog. Hello, My dog is a GS mix - she is just over 1 yr old and weighs approx. 70 lbs. ... (18707 views)

Cat ate vitamin D3. I believe my cat accidentally ingested a 1000iu capsule of Vitamin D3 I read your... (26919 views)

Is my dog overweight? Can you please tell me what weight Lady should be? She is now 24kg, is this a good... (6853 views)

Diarrhea and coughing. First off let me apologize for the convoluted description of the symptoms, but I... (5213 views)