Did laundry soap cause seizures?

Breed: pomeranian
two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even around his face. He may have got some in his mouth, and he did inhale it because he was around his mouth. He's been having seizures, especially focal seizure. Could he be having the seizures from getting the soap in his mouth, or from inhaling it? The emergency vet said he has epilepsy a week ago. I'm concerned he may not have epilespy and the soap might be a cause to his seizures. Please help me

I'm very sorry to hear that your dog is having seizures. These are extremely unlikely to be caused directly by the soap.

However, if a dog has epilepsy then any sort of stress can set off a seizure sometimes. So, if the soap episode was very stressful this may have triggered the epilepsy.

Radiation danger to pets? I am currently undergoing radioactive iodine therapy and my doctor says that I need... (35469 views)

Positive leishmaniasis test. my dog has just had a blood test result for leishmans the result is 0.1 and requires... (8545 views)

Dog in heat a long time. i have a 7yr.old boxer who started a heat cycle in march and it is now august....she... (18623 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (10043 views)

Vomiting yellow liquid. Maynard has been vomiting up yellowish urine colored liquid a few time in the last... (8889 views)

Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs. Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what... (47636 views)

Panleukopenia vaccine. we have two 12 week old kittens. last week we looked after two 7 week old kittens... (8892 views)

Skin infection is back. Hello Doctor, My dog has had open sores on his ears, neck and back. They start as... (8568 views)

Not eating, blood tests normal. Hello, Dr. Marie. I'm actually asking this question for my parents about their cat,... (19120 views)

How much should a dog sleep? I am curious to know how much sleep is normal for an older dog. He is a small breed... (7889 views)