Did laundry soap cause seizures?

Breed: pomeranian
two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even around his face. He may have got some in his mouth, and he did inhale it because he was around his mouth. He's been having seizures, especially focal seizure. Could he be having the seizures from getting the soap in his mouth, or from inhaling it? The emergency vet said he has epilepsy a week ago. I'm concerned he may not have epilespy and the soap might be a cause to his seizures. Please help me

I'm very sorry to hear that your dog is having seizures. These are extremely unlikely to be caused directly by the soap.

However, if a dog has epilepsy then any sort of stress can set off a seizure sometimes. So, if the soap episode was very stressful this may have triggered the epilepsy.

older cat with itchy ears. Dear Dr Marie: For the last 3-4 weeks Emily has had itchy ears. She scratches... (11581 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (9003 views)

Cat eating less than normal. My cat Noir hasn't been feeling well for about 5 days now. He is a 3 year old,... (81513 views)

Wheezing then died. We adopted a cat from a family that could not keep him any longer because they just... (8494 views)

Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting? I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up... (26396 views)

Cat is killing lizards. My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water... (15831 views)

Possible autoimmune disease. Hi, My dog is currently under vetrinarian care but he has a problem that my... (10040 views)

Scratching ears and shaking head. We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking... (8406 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (29151 views)

sexing a cat WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it... (9942 views)