Did laundry soap cause seizures?

Breed: pomeranian
two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even around his face. He may have got some in his mouth, and he did inhale it because he was around his mouth. He's been having seizures, especially focal seizure. Could he be having the seizures from getting the soap in his mouth, or from inhaling it? The emergency vet said he has epilepsy a week ago. I'm concerned he may not have epilespy and the soap might be a cause to his seizures. Please help me

I'm very sorry to hear that your dog is having seizures. These are extremely unlikely to be caused directly by the soap.

However, if a dog has epilepsy then any sort of stress can set off a seizure sometimes. So, if the soap episode was very stressful this may have triggered the epilepsy.

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (16926 views)

Pug died suddenly. My 8 year old female pug just died. My husband came home from work and she had... (29827 views)

Can you die from a cat bite? hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any... (21583 views)

Constantly meowing for food. Two years ago, we adopted a stray cat that was living in the bushes outside our... (8106 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (45191 views)

Contagious seizures. Blake is a 2yr old German shepherd that started having epileptic fits in june 2010.... (14201 views)

Sunscreen for cats and dogs. My cat is a white cat and he loves to lounge in the sun. I was wondering if you... (16824 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (11428 views)

Insulin shock Lucy is diabetic.She gets 4units 2x daily with food..Monday she started to have... (8841 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (27025 views)