Did laundry soap cause seizures?

Breed: pomeranian
two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even around his face. He may have got some in his mouth, and he did inhale it because he was around his mouth. He's been having seizures, especially focal seizure. Could he be having the seizures from getting the soap in his mouth, or from inhaling it? The emergency vet said he has epilepsy a week ago. I'm concerned he may not have epilespy and the soap might be a cause to his seizures. Please help me

I'm very sorry to hear that your dog is having seizures. These are extremely unlikely to be caused directly by the soap.

However, if a dog has epilepsy then any sort of stress can set off a seizure sometimes. So, if the soap episode was very stressful this may have triggered the epilepsy.

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (16031 views)

Cat not eating. About 2 Weeks ago I took Emma to the Vet because pretty much overnight her Appetite... (13941 views)

Min Pin won't eat. My 2 year old (obese) miniature pinscher has been displaying very odd behavior.... (16748 views)

Roundworms. Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work?... (20904 views)

Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor Two years ago, Sheena was diagnosed with neurofibrosarcoma, or peripheral nerve... (15771 views)

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (11693 views)

Dog had a seizure. My dog had a seizure this morning. She is a 3 ½ year old spayed Whippet/Jack... (15859 views)

Light sensitivity in older cat. Jack, 12 years old, was diagnosed with CKD 6months ago and is having Hills... (12805 views)

Guinea pig scabs around mouth. My guinea pig is getting brown/orange scabs around its mouth and nose?! I have took... (12174 views)

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (14417 views)