Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs.

Breed: White Crested/Americ
I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any types of cloth you'd recommend for the bed that are safe AND comfortable?

Hi and thanks for your question. There are a great number of things that can be used for guinea pig bedding. Here are my criteria when choosing bedding for guinea pigs:

-It needs to absorb liquids
-It won't smell, especially if wet
-It's not easily destroyed. If it can be easily made into pieces that can be ingested and cause an obstruction then that's not good
-It shouldn't have any kind of scent that could cause breathing problems.
-It needs to be safe in regards to mobility and a little bit soft

I wouldn't say that there is any particular type of cloth that I would prefer over another but if you use the above guidelines you can't go wrong.

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (6670 views)

Should tumor be removed? Hello there. My dog has a hard lump on his hind leg, which is about the size of a... (4733 views)

Hamster has crusty eye. my hamster is 2 years old and a week ago i noticed his right eye has crusted over i... (7278 views)

Baby shampoo for a cat? My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his... (13011 views)

Euthanasia because of seizures. I am having extreme guilt over putting my baby down 3 days ago and I wanted a second... (20083 views)

Weak legs on Coton deTulear. Hi! I have an 8 month old Coton de Tulear that I acquired through a very... (5579 views)

Dog has lump on top of head. My great dane will be 1 year old on Dec.10th, 2010. We had gotten him from a... (29791 views)

Senior cat not eating and losing weight. My male cat will not eat and when he does only small amounts. we are constantly... (8948 views)

Famotidine for kidney disease. Coco had an ultrasound scan yesterday to confirm she has bilateral kidney cancer.... (9707 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (17369 views)