Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs.

Breed: White Crested/Americ
I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any types of cloth you'd recommend for the bed that are safe AND comfortable?

Hi and thanks for your question. There are a great number of things that can be used for guinea pig bedding. Here are my criteria when choosing bedding for guinea pigs:

-It needs to absorb liquids
-It won't smell, especially if wet
-It's not easily destroyed. If it can be easily made into pieces that can be ingested and cause an obstruction then that's not good
-It shouldn't have any kind of scent that could cause breathing problems.
-It needs to be safe in regards to mobility and a little bit soft

I wouldn't say that there is any particular type of cloth that I would prefer over another but if you use the above guidelines you can't go wrong.

Can I deworm a nursing female dog? BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while... (41253 views)

Ear infection. last year my dog came home with an infection after being groomed. she has been on 4... (20259 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (8972 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (9382 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (17711 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (6767 views)

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (11156 views)

Losing weight, not eating. My 16 yr old cat has not been eating and losing weight. The vet has done bloodwork,... (38928 views)

Older cat problems. My cat is eating constantly. Every hour or two she cries at me to eat. And she's... (10076 views)

Small pink lump on back. My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have... (11573 views)