Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs.

Breed: White Crested/Americ
I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any types of cloth you'd recommend for the bed that are safe AND comfortable?

Hi and thanks for your question. There are a great number of things that can be used for guinea pig bedding. Here are my criteria when choosing bedding for guinea pigs:

-It needs to absorb liquids
-It won't smell, especially if wet
-It's not easily destroyed. If it can be easily made into pieces that can be ingested and cause an obstruction then that's not good
-It shouldn't have any kind of scent that could cause breathing problems.
-It needs to be safe in regards to mobility and a little bit soft

I wouldn't say that there is any particular type of cloth that I would prefer over another but if you use the above guidelines you can't go wrong.

Introducing kittens. hi, i have a 5 month old kitten, and have introduced an 8 week old kitten to the... (9784 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (78191 views)

Discolored fur around mouth. I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink... (13844 views)

Increased thirst and urination. I have an 11 year old spayed female toy poodle. She has been drinking a lot of water... (25371 views)

Cut my dog's nail too short. Last night, we trimmed one of our dog's nails a little too close to the quick and... (198544 views)

Possible laryngeal Parlysis Rex is having breathing difficulties for the last few days primarily while eating or... (9559 views)

Weight loss in cat. My cat use to be really overweight. About a year ago he started to get sick a lot... (9211 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (11780 views)

Trouble walking. On Wednesday evening we called our dogs for dinnertime, and our 10 year old Alaskan... (19507 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i think my dog is pregnet she has big nipples and she is getting lazy she was in... (6571 views)