Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs.

Breed: White Crested/Americ
I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any types of cloth you'd recommend for the bed that are safe AND comfortable?

Hi and thanks for your question. There are a great number of things that can be used for guinea pig bedding. Here are my criteria when choosing bedding for guinea pigs:

-It needs to absorb liquids
-It won't smell, especially if wet
-It's not easily destroyed. If it can be easily made into pieces that can be ingested and cause an obstruction then that's not good
-It shouldn't have any kind of scent that could cause breathing problems.
-It needs to be safe in regards to mobility and a little bit soft

I wouldn't say that there is any particular type of cloth that I would prefer over another but if you use the above guidelines you can't go wrong.

Stretching out back legs. My dog keeps strecting out her back legs and dragging herself... (129898 views)

Benadryl for swollen snout? my dogs face around the snout has become swollen not sure why but im guessing its... (19134 views)

MacuGuard Ocular Support My 13 year-old, 16lbs, Poodle toy is on the Royal Canin Satiety Support, as... (4028 views)

Feline leukemia contagious? I'm feeding a neighbor's cat that has feline leukemia. I have cats of my own. Is it... (7564 views)

Carrots and nuts safe for dogs? Is it safe to feed her carrots or nuts of any kind? We have just been feeding them... (11533 views)

Gave meds to early. Hi Dr. Marie, We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early... (9095 views)

Dog's eye is closed. Hello, My dog was playing with his toy and shaking it around and when he was... (28231 views)

Dog licking anus after vaccines. The day after a routine vax appt with a new vet, our dog suddenly began licking her... (9601 views)

Lab not eating. My 13 yr old Lab, Dylan, who has NEVER turned her nose up at any kind of food, has... (20343 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (12447 views)