Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs.

Breed: White Crested/Americ
I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any types of cloth you'd recommend for the bed that are safe AND comfortable?

Hi and thanks for your question. There are a great number of things that can be used for guinea pig bedding. Here are my criteria when choosing bedding for guinea pigs:

-It needs to absorb liquids
-It won't smell, especially if wet
-It's not easily destroyed. If it can be easily made into pieces that can be ingested and cause an obstruction then that's not good
-It shouldn't have any kind of scent that could cause breathing problems.
-It needs to be safe in regards to mobility and a little bit soft

I wouldn't say that there is any particular type of cloth that I would prefer over another but if you use the above guidelines you can't go wrong.

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (26653 views)

Hip dysplasia in pupp Hi I have a 13 month old German Shepherd male Havoc. He runs great. Jumps great and... (28408 views)

Large liver and spleen. Male cat 10 yo & neutered has enlarged pancreas and spleen, slightly enlarged liver.... (20487 views)

Dentistry on older cat. My cat, who is a 19 year old spayed male we have had his entire life is fairly... (13178 views)

Will one grape hurt my dog? (105063 views)

Spiders toxic to cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Hope things are well. I had what amounts to a common question but... (9219 views)

Repeated bouts of Giardia. Our 4 month old Boston terrier Gidget was diagnosed with giardia over 6 weeks ago.... (6022 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (18368 views)

Arthritis medicine I have a 10 month old Pomeranian who appears to have hip problems. I am very low... (6984 views)

Calicivirus questions My cat has just had all of her teeth removed because of stomatitis. My vet said... (8322 views)