Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs.

Breed: White Crested/Americ
I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any types of cloth you'd recommend for the bed that are safe AND comfortable?

Hi and thanks for your question. There are a great number of things that can be used for guinea pig bedding. Here are my criteria when choosing bedding for guinea pigs:

-It needs to absorb liquids
-It won't smell, especially if wet
-It's not easily destroyed. If it can be easily made into pieces that can be ingested and cause an obstruction then that's not good
-It shouldn't have any kind of scent that could cause breathing problems.
-It needs to be safe in regards to mobility and a little bit soft

I wouldn't say that there is any particular type of cloth that I would prefer over another but if you use the above guidelines you can't go wrong.

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (10193 views)

Can a dog transmit HIV or hep c Hello, I know you've had a similar question before but I'm unsure about... (55892 views)

Panleukopenia vaccine. we have two 12 week old kittens. last week we looked after two 7 week old kittens... (6984 views)

Puppy won't eat. My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and... (11983 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (7488 views)

CCNU chemotherapy. My 12.5 year old Boxer mix was diagnosed with malignant melanoma last week. Surgery... (9173 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (8170 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (8108 views)

Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing? My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to... (34276 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (68696 views)