Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs.

Breed: White Crested/Americ
I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any types of cloth you'd recommend for the bed that are safe AND comfortable?

Hi and thanks for your question. There are a great number of things that can be used for guinea pig bedding. Here are my criteria when choosing bedding for guinea pigs:

-It needs to absorb liquids
-It won't smell, especially if wet
-It's not easily destroyed. If it can be easily made into pieces that can be ingested and cause an obstruction then that's not good
-It shouldn't have any kind of scent that could cause breathing problems.
-It needs to be safe in regards to mobility and a little bit soft

I wouldn't say that there is any particular type of cloth that I would prefer over another but if you use the above guidelines you can't go wrong.

dog with strabismus Dr. , My Boxer Cooper has what I think is called strabismus or lazy eye. He has... (13923 views)

Losing weight but lab tests normal. My cat is losing weight, vomiting, more vocal than normal, lethargic and hungry all... (10458 views)

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (7629 views)

When to neuter my dog. Hi, I have an 8 month old 63 lb male intact golden retriver. When should I neuter... (7928 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (98346 views)

lump on ear In the last couple weeks a bump on the tip of my dogs ear has shown up. We have been... (9075 views)

Losing weight, not eating. My 16 yr old cat has not been eating and losing weight. The vet has done bloodwork,... (38425 views)

White vaginal discharge. Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her... (17492 views)

Diarrhea resolves with Cephalexin. Dear Dr. Marie, I’ve been in the throes of a medical mystery with my beloved... (12691 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (12251 views)