Handling newborn kittens.

Breed: Long haired cat
My cat has recently had kittens. I think they are a day old. She had them in our barn and I would like to know why I can not pick them up?
Thank you!

You can definitely pick up newborn kittens.

I wouldn't take them away from mom as this might stress her out. But, handling the kittens is just fine!

Mycoplasma in rats. Hi, my name is Ann and I have two rats, Pinky and Roc. Unfortunately, one has... (11493 views)

Cushing's and diabetes. My dog was diagnosed last month with cushings disease and diabetes. He's up to 14... (18109 views)

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (14986 views)

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (25972 views)

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (13241 views)

Vaccine FeLV positive cat? If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp,... (7963 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (11099 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (6650 views)

Dog died after coughing. Hi, My name is Tania. I had a Maltese/Shih tzu 12 years old. She had a stage one... (10313 views)

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (12925 views)