Cat falling over.

Breed: house cat (not sure
for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he walks it seems like he's walking on his tippy toes at the back, and his back is arched. If he tries to bed down to eat or drink he falls over, so I have to hold water or food up to him so he can eat and drink. I don't have money to take him to a vet. Can you give me a clue to whats wrong with him?

Sorry to hear that Zoe is having problems. This is an unusual situation.

It definitely sounds like there is a neurological problem here.

Whenever I see an older animal with neurological issues I get worried about a tumor affecting the brain. Or, it could be that there is a benign polyp that is affecting the inner ear.

Another possibility is an inner ear infection.

It is also possible that there is a spinal problem such as arthritis going on.

There is a problem called vestibular disease that can affect animals but it is not common in cats. Vestibular disease is a condition that cats can recover from. If this is the case you should see a gradual improvement each day.

Whatever the case, it sounds like he is quite uncomfortable and really needs a vet visit. There is no over the counter medicine or at home treatment that I can recommend.

I hope he is ok!

Red gums next to baby teeth. Hi Dr, This question concerns Max gums. Recall a month ago he had two occluded... (12990 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (20640 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (10804 views)

Sneezing, vomiting, coughing. my cat is sneezing vomiting coughing breathing through his mouth and has hard... (23539 views)

Dog ate grapes. My dog ate 3 grapes! My son gave them to him about 2-3 hours ago. Are grapes... (13341 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (29875 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (13147 views)

Cat losing weight. I have had my 10 year-old cat on Tapazole for about a year, but in the past couple... (9451 views)

Protein in urine. Hi, My Yorkie is 12 and had smelly pee starting in September 2010. I took a sample... (11120 views)

Tylosin responsive diarrhea. In another posting on this site you mention giving tylosin daily in "tiny amounts"... (7926 views)