Cat falling over.

Breed: house cat (not sure
for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he walks it seems like he's walking on his tippy toes at the back, and his back is arched. If he tries to bed down to eat or drink he falls over, so I have to hold water or food up to him so he can eat and drink. I don't have money to take him to a vet. Can you give me a clue to whats wrong with him?

Sorry to hear that Zoe is having problems. This is an unusual situation.

It definitely sounds like there is a neurological problem here.

Whenever I see an older animal with neurological issues I get worried about a tumor affecting the brain. Or, it could be that there is a benign polyp that is affecting the inner ear.

Another possibility is an inner ear infection.

It is also possible that there is a spinal problem such as arthritis going on.

There is a problem called vestibular disease that can affect animals but it is not common in cats. Vestibular disease is a condition that cats can recover from. If this is the case you should see a gradual improvement each day.

Whatever the case, it sounds like he is quite uncomfortable and really needs a vet visit. There is no over the counter medicine or at home treatment that I can recommend.

I hope he is ok!

Round spot on cat's leg. He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the... (7897 views)

Seizure episode. he just had a sesiure like episode where he was walking with me and just kinda... (6985 views)

Ear infection and FIV. Hi, I got Monty from a rescue home 5 months ago. he is an fiv + cat and looked so... (6866 views)

Do cats get leptospirosis? Hi... My Name is Dasha.. i'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. I had a kitten, named Lilo,... (11657 views)

Bald spot on cat's tail. By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back?... (5748 views)

Sores on dog's leg. My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its... (9015 views)

Red bugs on my dog. my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I... (14527 views)

Trifexis overdose? I think my Beagle gulped down my Coonhound's Trifexis dose. The Beage just had his... (27894 views)

Peach stone or pancreatitis? My dog ate a peach stone. It appeared to give no problems, but two to three weeks... (6888 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (6774 views)