Cat falling over.

Breed: house cat (not sure
for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he walks it seems like he's walking on his tippy toes at the back, and his back is arched. If he tries to bed down to eat or drink he falls over, so I have to hold water or food up to him so he can eat and drink. I don't have money to take him to a vet. Can you give me a clue to whats wrong with him?

Sorry to hear that Zoe is having problems. This is an unusual situation.

It definitely sounds like there is a neurological problem here.

Whenever I see an older animal with neurological issues I get worried about a tumor affecting the brain. Or, it could be that there is a benign polyp that is affecting the inner ear.

Another possibility is an inner ear infection.

It is also possible that there is a spinal problem such as arthritis going on.

There is a problem called vestibular disease that can affect animals but it is not common in cats. Vestibular disease is a condition that cats can recover from. If this is the case you should see a gradual improvement each day.

Whatever the case, it sounds like he is quite uncomfortable and really needs a vet visit. There is no over the counter medicine or at home treatment that I can recommend.

I hope he is ok!

Seizures wouldn't stop. My dog suddenly had status epilepticus without having prior history of seizures. He... (32414 views)

Renal failure. Dear Dr. Marie, My 10 year old Yorkie Bobo has been diagnosed with chronic kidney... (16585 views)

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (44631 views)

Bitten by copperhead snake. My mom's 14 week old puppy got bit by a snake. Didn't see the snake. What should... (11623 views)

Dog died of pancreatitis. My yorkie died at the vets. She was 10 and a half. I fed her new dog food... (36565 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (8629 views)

Limping boston terrier. hi my boston terrier wont put any weight on his back right foot. It started of only... (27729 views)

Cancer or infection? I recently had to put my dog to sleep after I found out he had cancer that had... (11870 views)

Small pink lump on back. My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have... (13766 views)

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (21573 views)