Cat falling over.

Breed: house cat (not sure
for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he walks it seems like he's walking on his tippy toes at the back, and his back is arched. If he tries to bed down to eat or drink he falls over, so I have to hold water or food up to him so he can eat and drink. I don't have money to take him to a vet. Can you give me a clue to whats wrong with him?

Sorry to hear that Zoe is having problems. This is an unusual situation.

It definitely sounds like there is a neurological problem here.

Whenever I see an older animal with neurological issues I get worried about a tumor affecting the brain. Or, it could be that there is a benign polyp that is affecting the inner ear.

Another possibility is an inner ear infection.

It is also possible that there is a spinal problem such as arthritis going on.

There is a problem called vestibular disease that can affect animals but it is not common in cats. Vestibular disease is a condition that cats can recover from. If this is the case you should see a gradual improvement each day.

Whatever the case, it sounds like he is quite uncomfortable and really needs a vet visit. There is no over the counter medicine or at home treatment that I can recommend.

I hope he is ok!

Kitten urinating in house. we adopted a 4 month old kitten 3 weeks ago. yesterday he urinated on my husbands... (6968 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (5869 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (16481 views)

My cat's eye is foggy. Hello, My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are... (9499 views)

Stroke or brain tumor? I have been doing a lot of searching on the internet over the weekend and am glad... (12286 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (10062 views)

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (7852 views)

Help cats to get along. Hello my name is kristbjorg and im from iceland. I have a cat thats 8 months old... (8796 views)

Xylitol in fruit toxic to dogs? Hello Dr. Marie, I've recently become very aware of the dangers of xylitol with... (35726 views)

Possible degenerative myelopathy. Hi Dr. Marie, My 11 year old German shepherd has been taking prevacox, tramedol,... (34394 views)