Red liquid in rats eyes.

Breed: fancy rat
My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking and can barely open her eyes.

The "red liquid" coming from your rat's eyes is likely porphyrin. Porphyrin is a red pigment that is produced in times of stress.

It's a good idea to have a vet take a look at Bella to see if they can determine why she is stressed. It could be because of a respiratory virus, an infection or environmental factors like the type of litter in her cage.

Kitten had eye removed. My cat went blind in her good eye following removal of a bad eye in which she was... (5715 views)

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (38529 views)

Sedation for euthanasia? My cat was recently diagnosed with tumors in his lungs.He's no longer eating on his... (10764 views)

Dog afraid of dogs and people. hello i have a 7 month old puppy and every time she comes into cintact with another... (7751 views)

Large black mole on dog. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m kind of worried because my dog, a Labrador retriever he has... (30208 views)

Possible brain tumor. We would like your opinion on whether we were right in putting Barney to... (18005 views)

Bump on dog's ear. I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't... (18698 views)

Bassett hound freaks out Our dog is healthy and happy, usually. He's been to the vet once per year to get his... (7118 views)

Dog ate a grape. Hi, My 2 year old miniature schnauzer ate a red seedless grape about 20 minutes... (10527 views)

Cancer or infection? I recently had to put my dog to sleep after I found out he had cancer that had... (8889 views)