Red liquid in rats eyes.

Breed: fancy rat
My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking and can barely open her eyes.

The "red liquid" coming from your rat's eyes is likely porphyrin. Porphyrin is a red pigment that is produced in times of stress.

It's a good idea to have a vet take a look at Bella to see if they can determine why she is stressed. It could be because of a respiratory virus, an infection or environmental factors like the type of litter in her cage.

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (13424 views)

When to neuter my dog. Hi, I have an 8 month old 63 lb male intact golden retriver. When should I neuter... (7880 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (11122 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. Today I had went to a new vet with my 8 year old Cocker Spaniel, and while the vet... (11015 views)

Dog eats grapes. Hi. I live in rural Peru and have three dogs. I am writing regarding the oldest who... (5451 views)

Maggots in guinea pig cage. Dr. Marie, I found maggots in my guinea pig cage today. what should I do? They seem... (19496 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (16221 views)

Diarrhea with blood Hi Dr. Marie. My dog has had diarrhea for a couple of days. He still seems to be... (13205 views)

Doxycycline and amoxicillin. My dog is believed to have Lyme disease, her test was negative but our vet thought... (18600 views)

Lumps on hamster. Hi , my hamster is all covered with lumps , some of them are bleeding,and new ones... (9565 views)