Red liquid in rats eyes.

Breed: fancy rat
My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking and can barely open her eyes.

The "red liquid" coming from your rat's eyes is likely porphyrin. Porphyrin is a red pigment that is produced in times of stress.

It's a good idea to have a vet take a look at Bella to see if they can determine why she is stressed. It could be because of a respiratory virus, an infection or environmental factors like the type of litter in her cage.

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (8596 views)

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (17283 views)

Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing? My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to... (35762 views)

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (7677 views)

Getting a second guinea pig. So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna... (7149 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (11387 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hi Dr. Marie! Spanky is 5 years old and very healthy. His energy is good and, as... (34833 views)

Is my cat diabetic? Ollie is consuming lots of water, and peeing a lot. There has been a marked increase... (4738 views)

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (6694 views)

Kitten has diarrhea Hi, my four month old cat has not stopped doing runny poos since i have had her. i... (7520 views)