Red liquid in rats eyes.

Breed: fancy rat
My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking and can barely open her eyes.

The "red liquid" coming from your rat's eyes is likely porphyrin. Porphyrin is a red pigment that is produced in times of stress.

It's a good idea to have a vet take a look at Bella to see if they can determine why she is stressed. It could be because of a respiratory virus, an infection or environmental factors like the type of litter in her cage.

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (9646 views)

Swollen throat. over night my dogs thropat and cheeks have swallon really bad (looks like a hamster... (21580 views)

Hungry and losing weight. Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (10568 views)

Round spot on cat's leg. He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the... (6915 views)

Crying after using litter box. After my cat eats, drinks, gets up or uses the cat box she cries this very strange... (23386 views)

KBr Side Effects? I read your answer about seeing severe side effects of KBR and would like your... (10024 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (16049 views)

Long term effects from chicken jerky? Hello Marie, I have been feeding my dog Wagon Wheel Chicken Strips for the better... (5095 views)

Chronic diarrhea. Hi, My 2 1/2 year old Siberian has had chronic diarrhea for the past 4 weeks.... (11316 views)

Puppy has a broken leg. Dear Marie, I have 9 weeks old Pomeranian. She broke her right front leg. She is... (37725 views)