Red liquid in rats eyes.

Breed: fancy rat
My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking and can barely open her eyes.

The "red liquid" coming from your rat's eyes is likely porphyrin. Porphyrin is a red pigment that is produced in times of stress.

It's a good idea to have a vet take a look at Bella to see if they can determine why she is stressed. It could be because of a respiratory virus, an infection or environmental factors like the type of litter in her cage.

Bulldog losing hair. hello, I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was... (20812 views)

Seizures wouldn't stop. My dog suddenly had status epilepticus without having prior history of seizures. He... (30954 views)

lump on dog's abdomen. Hi Dr Marie, Hopefully this is a simple question. I've noticed that one of Max's... (23258 views)

Will I be forced to euthanize? Hello, i have a 14 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix (50-60 lb and on the smaller... (10104 views)

Hair loss and hyperthyroidism. Dear Dr. Marie, I have had my cat Cody for five years. He was a stray cat who was... (17931 views)

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (11610 views)

Dog ate goat feces. Hello, We had a baby goat that contracted tetanus. Before we knew he was sick, he... (13069 views)

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (12442 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (8136 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (33358 views)