Red liquid in rats eyes.

Breed: fancy rat
My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking and can barely open her eyes.

The "red liquid" coming from your rat's eyes is likely porphyrin. Porphyrin is a red pigment that is produced in times of stress.

It's a good idea to have a vet take a look at Bella to see if they can determine why she is stressed. It could be because of a respiratory virus, an infection or environmental factors like the type of litter in her cage.

Hyperaldosteronism? My niece's 12 yr old cat vomits about every 6 days, gets dehydrated, listless and... (5846 views)

Dog has wound under arm. I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm? It... (10765 views)

Diarrhea with blood Hi Dr. Marie. My dog has had diarrhea for a couple of days. He still seems to be... (15308 views)

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (10501 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (85473 views)

Peeing in house and throwing up. My dog has not woke us up to be let ouside since he has been house trained. A... (58409 views)

Xylitol in fruit toxic to dogs? Hello Dr. Marie, I've recently become very aware of the dangers of xylitol with... (37078 views)

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (40445 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (5826 views)

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (54332 views)