Gerbil's head exploded.

Breed: Gerbil
We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads exploded ... Do you know of this happening anywhere else as we cant seem to find an explanation for it? (This is a serious question) Thanks

I'm really sorry but I am not sure that I understand your question.

Were the gerbils housed together? If so, it is possible that the other gerbil attacked and killed him. Gerbils often don't get along well.

There is a condition called nasal dermatitis that can cause some quite severe deformations on the face of a gerbil. But there is no condition that I am aware of that can cause a gerbil's head to explode.

Sorry for your loss.

Cat is urinating on my bed. Hi Dr Marie, You may not remember me - I'm from Australia, my partner and I email... (6494 views)

Yellow skin and then died. today my kitten who was a week old and a day past away but when i found him his... (5300 views)

Lump on jaw. OK...my cat has a lump on her neck/jaw. One vet has told me it was an... (22514 views)

Bump on eye. Dear Dr. Marie, I am writing about my 3-year-old Australian Cattle Dog, Bruce.... (10014 views)

Limping on rear leg. Hello Dr. Marie! Buddy came to us about six months ago a stray. Though it was... (18403 views)

Parvo virus vaccine question. can dogs get parvo even if they are vaccinated?... (7901 views)

Puppy is leaking urine. Im concerned about my puppy frequent and what seems to be lack of urin control. The... (16745 views)

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (7730 views)

Paralyzed dog. O.K, here is the deal. Our dog Sadie was diagnosed with a ruptured disc (L2) I... (33108 views)

Thumping back legs. My cat started throwing up Sunday. Yesterday he started thumping his back feet and... (17923 views)