Gerbil's head exploded.

Breed: Gerbil
We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads exploded ... Do you know of this happening anywhere else as we cant seem to find an explanation for it? (This is a serious question) Thanks

I'm really sorry but I am not sure that I understand your question.

Were the gerbils housed together? If so, it is possible that the other gerbil attacked and killed him. Gerbils often don't get along well.

There is a condition called nasal dermatitis that can cause some quite severe deformations on the face of a gerbil. But there is no condition that I am aware of that can cause a gerbil's head to explode.

Sorry for your loss.

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (8527 views)

Itchy smelly dark skin. Good day! I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet... (5013 views)

Are soy nuts bad for dogs? Are roasted soynuts safe for... (14397 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (7497 views)

Cats pooping on the carpet. I have 2 beautiful, loving cats (male/female) 6 years old. They are siblings from... (15539 views)

Dog chewing feet. I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart... (8928 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (13994 views)

Do cats prefer litter? My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter... (6013 views)

Can dogs get laryngitis? what is a home remedy for a laryngitis? My dog has had it... (11237 views)

Brittle nails in a dog. My dog's nails seem to be chipping off and bleeding. He's not biting them. What is... (12501 views)