Gerbil's head exploded.

Breed: Gerbil
We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads exploded ... Do you know of this happening anywhere else as we cant seem to find an explanation for it? (This is a serious question) Thanks

I'm really sorry but I am not sure that I understand your question.

Were the gerbils housed together? If so, it is possible that the other gerbil attacked and killed him. Gerbils often don't get along well.

There is a condition called nasal dermatitis that can cause some quite severe deformations on the face of a gerbil. But there is no condition that I am aware of that can cause a gerbil's head to explode.

Sorry for your loss.

Chihuahua with hair loss. Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just... (10072 views)

Kitten had eye removed. My cat went blind in her good eye following removal of a bad eye in which she was... (7325 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (12509 views)

How often for heat? I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of... (12275 views)

Is this fleas? Dear Dr. Marie, This is my 2nd time asking a question. Thank you for your great... (7091 views)

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (10900 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (34231 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (42075 views)

Pit Bull doesn't want to walk. Okay, A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had... (8808 views)

Vomiting and congested. Got a new kitten Older cat now is throwing up saliva in its mouth and has now... (23671 views)