Gerbil's head exploded.

Breed: Gerbil
We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads exploded ... Do you know of this happening anywhere else as we cant seem to find an explanation for it? (This is a serious question) Thanks

I'm really sorry but I am not sure that I understand your question.

Were the gerbils housed together? If so, it is possible that the other gerbil attacked and killed him. Gerbils often don't get along well.

There is a condition called nasal dermatitis that can cause some quite severe deformations on the face of a gerbil. But there is no condition that I am aware of that can cause a gerbil's head to explode.

Sorry for your loss.

Cat has diarrhea. Hi, Our cat has diarrhea - it seems that she licks and licks herself and then it... (7740 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (18657 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (10650 views)

Hard lump below ribs. My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it... (15859 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (20321 views)

Chemical castration of dogs. What would be the benefits of Zinc neutering using Zinc Gluconate offered by Ark... (12819 views)

Testicular and splenic masses. My 9 year old Golden Retriever had enlarged testicles with no other symptoms. I took... (8217 views)

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (6565 views)

New hamster tips. Ok well im getting a hamster tomorrow and i had one a few years ago. a few years ago... (8002 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (5494 views)