Gerbil's head exploded.

Breed: Gerbil
We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads exploded ... Do you know of this happening anywhere else as we cant seem to find an explanation for it? (This is a serious question) Thanks

I'm really sorry but I am not sure that I understand your question.

Were the gerbils housed together? If so, it is possible that the other gerbil attacked and killed him. Gerbils often don't get along well.

There is a condition called nasal dermatitis that can cause some quite severe deformations on the face of a gerbil. But there is no condition that I am aware of that can cause a gerbil's head to explode.

Sorry for your loss.

Interstitial cystitis. My cat has had reoccurring Cystitis. She strains when going to the toilet,... (4323 views)

Kittens not eating or nursing My cat had 5 kittens 5 weeks ago. Recently, she has stopped feeding them and taking... (11193 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (35636 views)

Grade 2 mast cell tumor. Hi, I want to adopt a 9yr old female Golden Retrever from this breeder. The breeder... (11431 views)

Poop is sometimes solid, sometimes soft. Hi Dr Marie, I'm not sure if this is even an issue. Max poops first thing in... (83027 views)

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (30947 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (3217 views)

Insulin shock Lucy is diabetic.She gets 4units 2x daily with food..Monday she started to have... (5177 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (10157 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (16768 views)