Gerbil's head exploded.

Breed: Gerbil
We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads exploded ... Do you know of this happening anywhere else as we cant seem to find an explanation for it? (This is a serious question) Thanks

I'm really sorry but I am not sure that I understand your question.

Were the gerbils housed together? If so, it is possible that the other gerbil attacked and killed him. Gerbils often don't get along well.

There is a condition called nasal dermatitis that can cause some quite severe deformations on the face of a gerbil. But there is no condition that I am aware of that can cause a gerbil's head to explode.

Sorry for your loss.

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (8726 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (12093 views)

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (13987 views)

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (7025 views)

Ear infection. last year my dog came home with an infection after being groomed. she has been on 4... (23463 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (32989 views)

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (14122 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (29301 views)

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (13474 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (17638 views)