Gerbil's head exploded.

Breed: Gerbil
We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads exploded ... Do you know of this happening anywhere else as we cant seem to find an explanation for it? (This is a serious question) Thanks

I'm really sorry but I am not sure that I understand your question.

Were the gerbils housed together? If so, it is possible that the other gerbil attacked and killed him. Gerbils often don't get along well.

There is a condition called nasal dermatitis that can cause some quite severe deformations on the face of a gerbil. But there is no condition that I am aware of that can cause a gerbil's head to explode.

Sorry for your loss.

How long is FIP contagious? Hi Marie. Here's my situation. Adopted Charlie in August 2010. On March 1, this year... (14807 views)

Large liver and spleen. Male cat 10 yo & neutered has enlarged pancreas and spleen, slightly enlarged liver.... (20308 views)

Shaking and tucking tail. 3 days ago my dog, who was being taken on a walk in the morning, suddenly started... (179635 views)

Diaphragmatic hernia. Our 8-year-old neutered male cat has a history of various health issues:... (6124 views)

Swollen ear. My cats right inner ear just started turning like bruised, black & blue. Inner ear,... (11255 views)

Puppy not eating. why isn't my minature pincher puppy not eatting? i tried to feed him myself but he... (7948 views)

Not eating or drinking because lonely? i have a puppy i've had her in the backyard now my sister had an inspection at her... (7287 views)

sexing a cat WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it... (8399 views)

Getting cat to lose weight. Dear Dr Marie, We have just adopted a fat cat, and are trying to reduce his weight.... (5208 views)

Mycoplasma in rats. Hi, my name is Ann and I have two rats, Pinky and Roc. Unfortunately, one has... (9520 views)