Dark sticky diarrhea.

Breed: poodle
My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the back yard). His diarrhea is very dark (no blood) and has a thick/sticky consistancy. Is there any thing that I could give him (like a certain kind of food) to clear this up? Thank you.

If a 14 year old who is not used to having diarrhea starts to have diarrhea it can often mean that there is a medical issue.

Is the stool black and tarry? If so, this can be a sign of a stomach ulcer which can be serious.

If he seems bright and alert and still wants to eat then you can try a period of 24 hours without food followed by small meals of chicken and rice. This will do the trick if it is just a minor diarrhea problem due to eating something unusual.

However, if you think there may be a stomach ulcer, or if Little Man is really not feeling well then a vet visit is definitely the best bet.

I hope he is ok!

Thiamine deficiency? My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the... (10139 views)

Dog has a bald patch over eye. Hello, I have a miniature Dashchund which is 5 mnths old and she is in perfect... (17183 views)

Wobbly lab. Hello - About 4 weeks ago, Koda started acting very stiff around his neck so we... (17655 views)

Dog Won't Eat My dog won't eat at all,but he still drink(not much)..He wanna move but he can't... (26602 views)

Itchy spot on thigh. my dog has started scratching his inner hind leg on one side and he licked and... (7190 views)

Praziquantal safe in pregnancy? She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have... (13271 views)

Limping kitten my kitten has started losing alot of weight and he is limping. his back left paw is... (13478 views)

Not well after vaccines. Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night.... (11716 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (11822 views)

Xylitol in fruit toxic to dogs? Hello Dr. Marie, I've recently become very aware of the dangers of xylitol with... (40498 views)