Dark sticky diarrhea.

Breed: poodle
My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the back yard). His diarrhea is very dark (no blood) and has a thick/sticky consistancy. Is there any thing that I could give him (like a certain kind of food) to clear this up? Thank you.

If a 14 year old who is not used to having diarrhea starts to have diarrhea it can often mean that there is a medical issue.

Is the stool black and tarry? If so, this can be a sign of a stomach ulcer which can be serious.

If he seems bright and alert and still wants to eat then you can try a period of 24 hours without food followed by small meals of chicken and rice. This will do the trick if it is just a minor diarrhea problem due to eating something unusual.

However, if you think there may be a stomach ulcer, or if Little Man is really not feeling well then a vet visit is definitely the best bet.

I hope he is ok!

bloat in boerboels Hello. I'm currently looking at information about the boerboel. I'm thinking about... (9395 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (6457 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (8036 views)

Bromonidine (like amitraz) toxicity. MY DOG SWALLOWED SOME BRIMONIDINE TARTRATE OPHTHALMIC 5 ML SHE IS VERY WEAK AND... (11782 views)

Allergic reaction and diarrhea. Dr, My 3 1/2 year old basset hound is having multiple issues that in my best... (9561 views)

Dog has liver cancer. Our 12 year old Golden/Lab mix has been diagnosed with liver cancer. What can we do... (22601 views)

Tea Tree Oil Toxicity. Tea tree oil extract was put on the neck and spine of the dog for flea prevention. ... (15271 views)

Dog has lost her voice. What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to... (13990 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (7180 views)

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (12639 views)