Dark sticky diarrhea.

Breed: poodle
My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the back yard). His diarrhea is very dark (no blood) and has a thick/sticky consistancy. Is there any thing that I could give him (like a certain kind of food) to clear this up? Thank you.

If a 14 year old who is not used to having diarrhea starts to have diarrhea it can often mean that there is a medical issue.

Is the stool black and tarry? If so, this can be a sign of a stomach ulcer which can be serious.

If he seems bright and alert and still wants to eat then you can try a period of 24 hours without food followed by small meals of chicken and rice. This will do the trick if it is just a minor diarrhea problem due to eating something unusual.

However, if you think there may be a stomach ulcer, or if Little Man is really not feeling well then a vet visit is definitely the best bet.

I hope he is ok!

Really bad skin issues. there is a PHOTO on the Pet-Forums-UK website, on the Dog Health sub-forum under Dog... (9179 views)

Using elastic to remove lump. Rusty was diagnose with "cancer" after giving birth 4 years ago. It was recommended... (7109 views)

Herpes and sore mouth. My 2 year old short hair tabby was diagnosed with FHV quite early on.. he's been... (12736 views)

Tapeworm and roundworm meds. Is it safe to give my cat praziquantel for his tapeworm 2 days after I gave him... (23719 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (16479 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (71865 views)

Supraglan for Cushing's? My dog was recently diagnosed with Cushing's disease. He has been drinking a lot of... (16171 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (16943 views)

Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs. Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what... (46086 views)

Dehydrated and trouble breathing. I found my cat yesterday just lying on the ground, he can't lift his head, yesterday... (8030 views)