Dark sticky diarrhea.

Breed: poodle
My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the back yard). His diarrhea is very dark (no blood) and has a thick/sticky consistancy. Is there any thing that I could give him (like a certain kind of food) to clear this up? Thank you.

If a 14 year old who is not used to having diarrhea starts to have diarrhea it can often mean that there is a medical issue.

Is the stool black and tarry? If so, this can be a sign of a stomach ulcer which can be serious.

If he seems bright and alert and still wants to eat then you can try a period of 24 hours without food followed by small meals of chicken and rice. This will do the trick if it is just a minor diarrhea problem due to eating something unusual.

However, if you think there may be a stomach ulcer, or if Little Man is really not feeling well then a vet visit is definitely the best bet.

I hope he is ok!

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (30687 views)

Itchy ears and bum. My dog keeps scratching at her ears and shakes her head a lot. I clean her ears and... (13810 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (11111 views)

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (53799 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hi Dr. Marie! Spanky is 5 years old and very healthy. His energy is good and, as... (36064 views)

Sore head from bow. Hello, My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head.... (6102 views)

Not eating and tired cat. My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking... (48579 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (11649 views)

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (18372 views)

Allergic reaction. Last night my dog went outside and came back in with a red, irritated mouth. ... (54416 views)