Aggressive cat.

Breed: Calico
I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and attacking my other cat and me as well. It seems to be if she gets spooked or perceives she's backed into a corner. It is terrifying for both of us, she is vicious in her attacks. I tried the fermone spray which seemed to calm her, but last night she got scared and attacked us both again. She nearly got my eye, and I wondered if there was any options other then putting her down? I can't risk serious injury to myself or the other cat.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that this is happening. Cat aggression can be very difficult to deal with.

The feliway spray is definitely a good idea. Have you tried the plugin? It is like a Glade Plugin and it emits pheromones for about a month or so.

You may want to talk to your vet about some behavioral modification medication such as amitryptiline or clomicalm. For many cats it works really well.

It's also a good idea to have a general physical exam done. Sometimes if cats are in pain or not feeling well they can get aggressive.

And finally, I am assuming she is spayed, but if not then definitely do this. Hormones can cause all sorts of bad behavior.

I hope she does ok!

Sentry Pro Flea and Tick Shampoo Hi Dr. Marie, Last night around 8 pm I gave my dog a bath with Sentry Pro flea... (24698 views)

Rubs his nose in vomit. A couple of times in the last few weeks, Atka has gotten sick to his stomach and... (9926 views)

Hot spot on head. My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has... (7151 views)

Dog is scratching his ear. For the past couple of weeks, Shilo has been scratching his ear and rubbing it on... (15580 views)

Dog sick after eating apricots. Yesterday I found Poppy and my other Aussie eating apricots from the neighbors... (20680 views)

Low fat foods and tripe for pancreatitis. My 3 yr old Golden who was on Orijen for 2 years had a pancreatitis attack about 6... (23447 views)

UTI has returned? We are currently living abroad in Kazakhstan. Vet care here is not what we are used... (32102 views)

Bassett hound neck pain, etc. Our dog Lola came to us as a stray about 3 yrs ago. She is about 7 years old and... (12457 views)

Abscess on paw. has a very swollen front paw that spilt open between middle toes puss and blood ... (45607 views)

Cat drooling a lot. emmy has started to drool as of last night. she is drooling a lot. she has never... (160327 views)