Aggressive cat.

Breed: Calico
I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and attacking my other cat and me as well. It seems to be if she gets spooked or perceives she's backed into a corner. It is terrifying for both of us, she is vicious in her attacks. I tried the fermone spray which seemed to calm her, but last night she got scared and attacked us both again. She nearly got my eye, and I wondered if there was any options other then putting her down? I can't risk serious injury to myself or the other cat.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that this is happening. Cat aggression can be very difficult to deal with.

The feliway spray is definitely a good idea. Have you tried the plugin? It is like a Glade Plugin and it emits pheromones for about a month or so.

You may want to talk to your vet about some behavioral modification medication such as amitryptiline or clomicalm. For many cats it works really well.

It's also a good idea to have a general physical exam done. Sometimes if cats are in pain or not feeling well they can get aggressive.

And finally, I am assuming she is spayed, but if not then definitely do this. Hormones can cause all sorts of bad behavior.

I hope she does ok!

Peeing orange and losing weight. I have a village dog, I think he is dying, I don't know what to do. I always feed... (18299 views)

Will spay terminate pregnancy? It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed... (14651 views)

Sore gums in chihuahua. My dog's gums are very sensitive. I tried brushing them and on the right side, they... (10991 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (7879 views)

Dog died at the vet's A couple weeks ago I noticed our dog Gauge was straining to urinate but couldnt. I... (9531 views)

Staggering Rottweiler I have a nine month old female rottweiler mix. She is eating nutro max dog food. She... (10119 views)

Hind end paralysis. I put my beautiful, loyal companion to sleep on Christmas day. The guilt is... (8750 views)

Hole on puppy's head. My german shepherd gave birth to 9 puppies on June 19, however 1 pup came out with a... (15954 views)

Swollen neck on a cat. my 4 month old male cat, desexed vaccinated and everything one more shot to go tho.... (6753 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (11505 views)