Aggressive cat.

Breed: Calico
I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and attacking my other cat and me as well. It seems to be if she gets spooked or perceives she's backed into a corner. It is terrifying for both of us, she is vicious in her attacks. I tried the fermone spray which seemed to calm her, but last night she got scared and attacked us both again. She nearly got my eye, and I wondered if there was any options other then putting her down? I can't risk serious injury to myself or the other cat.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that this is happening. Cat aggression can be very difficult to deal with.

The feliway spray is definitely a good idea. Have you tried the plugin? It is like a Glade Plugin and it emits pheromones for about a month or so.

You may want to talk to your vet about some behavioral modification medication such as amitryptiline or clomicalm. For many cats it works really well.

It's also a good idea to have a general physical exam done. Sometimes if cats are in pain or not feeling well they can get aggressive.

And finally, I am assuming she is spayed, but if not then definitely do this. Hormones can cause all sorts of bad behavior.

I hope she does ok!

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (19066 views)

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (8211 views)

bloat in boerboels Hello. I'm currently looking at information about the boerboel. I'm thinking about... (13204 views)

Cat is despondent. My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick. I'll try anything to get some life... (9066 views)

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (108995 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (12873 views)

Sore after shots. This past Sunday my husband gave our 2 dogs their yearly shots. Our 1 dog is now... (23462 views)

Grapeseed extract and dogs. Grape seed extract listed on some chicken jerky treats from china when looking after... (14642 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (14843 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (14335 views)