Aggressive cat.

Breed: Calico
I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and attacking my other cat and me as well. It seems to be if she gets spooked or perceives she's backed into a corner. It is terrifying for both of us, she is vicious in her attacks. I tried the fermone spray which seemed to calm her, but last night she got scared and attacked us both again. She nearly got my eye, and I wondered if there was any options other then putting her down? I can't risk serious injury to myself or the other cat.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that this is happening. Cat aggression can be very difficult to deal with.

The feliway spray is definitely a good idea. Have you tried the plugin? It is like a Glade Plugin and it emits pheromones for about a month or so.

You may want to talk to your vet about some behavioral modification medication such as amitryptiline or clomicalm. For many cats it works really well.

It's also a good idea to have a general physical exam done. Sometimes if cats are in pain or not feeling well they can get aggressive.

And finally, I am assuming she is spayed, but if not then definitely do this. Hormones can cause all sorts of bad behavior.

I hope she does ok!

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (54748 views)

Older dog having seizures. My 10.5 year old chocolate lab had three seizures in 12 hours in October. He's... (15421 views)

Clear discharge from eye. Hi there, My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye... (10672 views)

Cat won't eat or drink. Licorice doesn't want to eat much or drink. He is lethargic, but his gums are pink... (21428 views)

Dog has heart murmur. Hello, Dr. Marie: When my dog was still a puppy, the vet told me that she had a 3... (34406 views)

Leaking urine on bed. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog has had bladder problems since she was a puppy. She will... (4750 views)

Dog coughing again. Dear Dr. Marie Im concerned about my dog he started about a month ago sounding... (7718 views)

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (11729 views)

Dog won't walk. my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of... (13502 views)

Sore neck Hi Dr. Marie, You've been helpful in the past, so I thought I'd ask you another... (4308 views)