Aggressive cat.

Breed: Calico
I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and attacking my other cat and me as well. It seems to be if she gets spooked or perceives she's backed into a corner. It is terrifying for both of us, she is vicious in her attacks. I tried the fermone spray which seemed to calm her, but last night she got scared and attacked us both again. She nearly got my eye, and I wondered if there was any options other then putting her down? I can't risk serious injury to myself or the other cat.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that this is happening. Cat aggression can be very difficult to deal with.

The feliway spray is definitely a good idea. Have you tried the plugin? It is like a Glade Plugin and it emits pheromones for about a month or so.

You may want to talk to your vet about some behavioral modification medication such as amitryptiline or clomicalm. For many cats it works really well.

It's also a good idea to have a general physical exam done. Sometimes if cats are in pain or not feeling well they can get aggressive.

And finally, I am assuming she is spayed, but if not then definitely do this. Hormones can cause all sorts of bad behavior.

I hope she does ok!

Bleeding anal glands. My dog has been having blood drip from his rear. My vet has expressed his anal... (10016 views)

Urinating in house. Our cat Alice was involved in a fight in the garden with another cat. SHe had a sore... (11224 views)

Insulin shock Lucy is diabetic.She gets 4units 2x daily with food..Monday she started to have... (6943 views)

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (7708 views)

Leaking urine after swimming. I have a 5 year old female (spayed) Golden Doodle. We take her swimming several... (25401 views)

Chinese Crested with diarrhea This is breed that loses their teeth (starting at an early age) as they age.... (10255 views)

My dog is deaf. Almost total deaf within the last 3 months. 14 yr. old english pointer. Female. In... (6997 views)

Black stuff in cat's ears. Hi Dr. Marie. My cat Thelma (who happens to be male and nearly 15) has had an issue... (36902 views)

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (6067 views)

Allergies or URTI? I was looking at the questions on cats, but couldn't find one that was close to what... (8558 views)