Aggressive cat.

Breed: Calico
I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and attacking my other cat and me as well. It seems to be if she gets spooked or perceives she's backed into a corner. It is terrifying for both of us, she is vicious in her attacks. I tried the fermone spray which seemed to calm her, but last night she got scared and attacked us both again. She nearly got my eye, and I wondered if there was any options other then putting her down? I can't risk serious injury to myself or the other cat.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that this is happening. Cat aggression can be very difficult to deal with.

The feliway spray is definitely a good idea. Have you tried the plugin? It is like a Glade Plugin and it emits pheromones for about a month or so.

You may want to talk to your vet about some behavioral modification medication such as amitryptiline or clomicalm. For many cats it works really well.

It's also a good idea to have a general physical exam done. Sometimes if cats are in pain or not feeling well they can get aggressive.

And finally, I am assuming she is spayed, but if not then definitely do this. Hormones can cause all sorts of bad behavior.

I hope she does ok!

Doxycycline and amoxicillin. My dog is believed to have Lyme disease, her test was negative but our vet thought... (18699 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (535603 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (14180 views)

Swollen ankle in my dog. My Labrador has the right back leg ankle joint bigger than his left one. 15 days ago... (8769 views)

Swollen foot because of bandage. Hi- My dog recently cut himself and had to get 4 stitches. The day he was to get... (75882 views)

Cat licks obsessively. My 4 year old cat has been doing a strange behavior for the last 1.5 years. He... (7671 views)

Metronidazole for cats alternative? My 16-hr-old neutered male cat is diabetic (since 2008) Was recently prescribed... (11293 views)

Pitbull with rash Mister has been treated all his life for a skin rash he has. Before this year he... (10466 views)

Blood in urine after bladder surgery Hello again Dr. Marie. My dog had bladder surgery on Monday. To make a long story... (19583 views)

No bowel movements after parvo. I have a seven month old poodle mix puppy with parvovirus. He was a puppy someone... (23644 views)