Dog with swollen face.

Breed: hound/shepard
our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. i gave him some ibprophen what else should i do

Sorry to hear that tips is having some problems!

The most common reason for a dog to have facial swelling is because of a sting from a wasp or a bee. In most cases it is not serious. However, some dogs can have so much swelling that it can affect their ability to breath. If this is the case then an emergency vet visit is necessary.

However, in mild cases I will often recommend Benadryl at 1 mg per pound. So, a 25 lb dog would take one 25mg tablet.

I don't recommend giving Ibuprofen to dogs as this medication can be very hard on the kidneys of some dogs.

If the facial swelling is not going away there are other possible causes such as a tooth root infection or a tumor affecting the face. So, if things are not going well then a vet visit is the best idea.

Cat vomits regularly. My 4year old cat has been throwing up over the past two months. 99% is food. ( dry... (5502 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (11088 views)

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (9750 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (14473 views)

Panadol (tylenol) for cat? my cat(3 years) has been drooling non-stop for the past 3 days and wont eat or drink... (6168 views)

Ear margin dermatosis. Hello, I have a 5 year old over-weight beagle. He's had these small dry crusty... (65842 views)

Possible laryngeal Parlysis Rex is having breathing difficulties for the last few days primarily while eating or... (8624 views)

Trouble having bowel movements. ok so my pug has pooping weird lately. almost every time he goes he wines and runes... (5887 views)

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (8435 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (7865 views)