Dog with swollen face.

Breed: hound/shepard
our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. i gave him some ibprophen what else should i do

Sorry to hear that tips is having some problems!

The most common reason for a dog to have facial swelling is because of a sting from a wasp or a bee. In most cases it is not serious. However, some dogs can have so much swelling that it can affect their ability to breath. If this is the case then an emergency vet visit is necessary.

However, in mild cases I will often recommend Benadryl at 1 mg per pound. So, a 25 lb dog would take one 25mg tablet.

I don't recommend giving Ibuprofen to dogs as this medication can be very hard on the kidneys of some dogs.

If the facial swelling is not going away there are other possible causes such as a tooth root infection or a tumor affecting the face. So, if things are not going well then a vet visit is the best idea.

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (16685 views)

Can a neutered dog breed? Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him... (28635 views)

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (22704 views)

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (7295 views)

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (18038 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (17690 views)

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (24354 views)

Cat is being picked on I have 3 cats. Inga is picked on by both. I think they both just want to play with... (11802 views)

1 week old puppy checkup can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and... (8922 views)

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (16484 views)