Red spot on dog's neck.

Breed: Pug
I just noticed a red spot on my pug. I will try to attach a picture. It's on his back a little above his shoulder blades and about the size of a dime. His hair is coming off in that spot. It is a little raised and very red and crusty. Should I take him to the doctors?
I will email the photo of Thunder.
Thank you!

Thank you for sending me this excellent photo of the red spot on your dog's neck:

red spot on dog's neck

You mentioned when you sent the photo that you had recently applied a topical flea medication. I think that there is a good possibility that this is a reaction to that treatment.

Whether or not you take your dog in to see the vet depends on how bothersome the spot is. If your dog is not scratching at it then it may be ok to watch it for the next few days and see if it is improving. If it's getting bigger or starts to ooze pus at all then I'd take him in for a vet to look at it. However, if it is really itchy then he should probably have it looked at sooner.

Reactions like this are not common, but I have definitely seen them happen.

Hope things work out ok!

Thank you Dr. Marie!

Dentistry on older cat. My cat, who is a 19 year old spayed male we have had his entire life is fairly... (16511 views)

Liver disease in a cat. Ruby is 8 years old, and was diagnosed with liver disease last Thursday. I could... (16576 views)

Dog ate vetoryl My younger dog ate some food that had vetoryl in it meant for my older dog. Will it... (19467 views)

Vita Calm in dogs? i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his... (9460 views)

Separation anxiety. Dear Dr. Marie, My family and I adopted Champ, who is a 2 1/2 year old... (7721 views)

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (7852 views)

My hamster bites my friends. My hamster dosent bite me ever, he only bites other people. He has never ever... (10797 views)

Flea problems. I have a ragdoll cat who weighs 15 lbs. I have tried different types of flea control... (10462 views)

Dog attacked by javelina. My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what... (9549 views)

Dog's eye is closed. Hello, My dog was playing with his toy and shaking it around and when he was... (37703 views)