Red spot on dog's neck.

Breed: Pug
I just noticed a red spot on my pug. I will try to attach a picture. It's on his back a little above his shoulder blades and about the size of a dime. His hair is coming off in that spot. It is a little raised and very red and crusty. Should I take him to the doctors?
I will email the photo of Thunder.
Thank you!

Thank you for sending me this excellent photo of the red spot on your dog's neck:

red spot on dog's neck

You mentioned when you sent the photo that you had recently applied a topical flea medication. I think that there is a good possibility that this is a reaction to that treatment.

Whether or not you take your dog in to see the vet depends on how bothersome the spot is. If your dog is not scratching at it then it may be ok to watch it for the next few days and see if it is improving. If it's getting bigger or starts to ooze pus at all then I'd take him in for a vet to look at it. However, if it is really itchy then he should probably have it looked at sooner.

Reactions like this are not common, but I have definitely seen them happen.

Hope things work out ok!

Thank you Dr. Marie!

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (19279 views)

Hamster hair loss. Hello, My daughters hamster keeps loosing big patches of his fur and also his eyes... (10395 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My can got attacked by a dog and she cant close her mouth all the way, but her tooth... (5183 views)

Dog is paralyzed. How are you? I have been reading lots of articles at your site and they help me... (5298 views)

Anxious cat - medicine? Hello, My Cat Guen shows MANY attention seeking behaviors. She chews chords,... (20283 views)

Cat eating less than normal. My cat Noir hasn't been feeling well for about 5 days now. He is a 3 year old,... (74255 views)

Dog afraid of dogs and people. hello i have a 7 month old puppy and every time she comes into cintact with another... (8357 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (29134 views)

Heart enlargement? Hi I have a female terrier dog, Fido and she is 9 years old. Couple of months ago my... (5691 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (20087 views)