Red spot on dog's neck.

Breed: Pug
I just noticed a red spot on my pug. I will try to attach a picture. It's on his back a little above his shoulder blades and about the size of a dime. His hair is coming off in that spot. It is a little raised and very red and crusty. Should I take him to the doctors?
I will email the photo of Thunder.
Thank you!

Thank you for sending me this excellent photo of the red spot on your dog's neck:

red spot on dog's neck

You mentioned when you sent the photo that you had recently applied a topical flea medication. I think that there is a good possibility that this is a reaction to that treatment.

Whether or not you take your dog in to see the vet depends on how bothersome the spot is. If your dog is not scratching at it then it may be ok to watch it for the next few days and see if it is improving. If it's getting bigger or starts to ooze pus at all then I'd take him in for a vet to look at it. However, if it is really itchy then he should probably have it looked at sooner.

Reactions like this are not common, but I have definitely seen them happen.

Hope things work out ok!

Thank you Dr. Marie!

Cat eating less than normal. My cat Noir hasn't been feeling well for about 5 days now. He is a 3 year old,... (88327 views)

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (11773 views)

Dog ate a grape. Hi, My 2 year old miniature schnauzer ate a red seedless grape about 20 minutes... (13946 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (15062 views)

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (24141 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (13632 views)

Dog weak slow and shaking. My dog has become not interest in anything and has become very weak and has very... (17038 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (25580 views)

How to help constipated cat. Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox... (7857 views)

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (17067 views)