Vaccine FeLV positive cat?

Breed: long hair
If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp, aren't those dangerous, are they "alive" or "dead"? Also can i give a cat who has Fiv the FeLv and fvrcp boosters? Actually to be simple: can a cat with a weak immune system receive those boosters? Will those give him the "unwanted" disease? Thank you

We definitely do recommend vaccinating a cat who is positive for feline leukemia. The vaccine will not be harmful to him and will help to protect him from further disease. If he were to come in contact with another virus this could be deadly.

There probably is no benefit in giving feline leukemia vaccine to Gready, but I would give the rest of his vaccines. A while back there was a study that suggested that the Feline Leukemia vaccine would help prevent FeLv positive cats from getting lymphoma but this is not believed to be true anymore.

Ultimately though, I would follow the recommendation of your vet as he or she will know what is best for Gready.

I dont know if Gready has Fiv or not but i want her to get vaccinated especially for FeLv and fvrcp, so my question was: is it dangerous for her to get those vaccines if she may have Fiv..? I know i can make her tested, but lets say i dont, will it be harmful for her to get those vaccines?

Ah, I understand your question now. No, there will be no harm to Gready if she gets any of her vaccines even if she does have FIV. In fact, when we know that a cat is positive for FIV we still will vaccinate them.

Yorkie with Possible Pyometra. have a 7 year old female Yorkie that has been limp and despondent for 3 days. She... (17265 views)

Cat losing weight. My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off... (12271 views)

Surgery on 14 year old dog. Chyna has in the past few months developed a mass or cluster of lumps that are dark... (15528 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (34420 views)

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (64569 views)

Border collie leg problems? Hi Doctor, from Surrey in The UK, We have a gorgeous Border Collie pup. We think... (17712 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (14913 views)

Itchy scrotum after grooming. Our dog is constantly licking his area where his testicles used to be (he is... (36754 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is 17 years old. She has had kidney disease for five years. I have multiple... (25496 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (7276 views)