Vaccine FeLV positive cat?

Breed: long hair
If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp, aren't those dangerous, are they "alive" or "dead"? Also can i give a cat who has Fiv the FeLv and fvrcp boosters? Actually to be simple: can a cat with a weak immune system receive those boosters? Will those give him the "unwanted" disease? Thank you

We definitely do recommend vaccinating a cat who is positive for feline leukemia. The vaccine will not be harmful to him and will help to protect him from further disease. If he were to come in contact with another virus this could be deadly.

There probably is no benefit in giving feline leukemia vaccine to Gready, but I would give the rest of his vaccines. A while back there was a study that suggested that the Feline Leukemia vaccine would help prevent FeLv positive cats from getting lymphoma but this is not believed to be true anymore.

Ultimately though, I would follow the recommendation of your vet as he or she will know what is best for Gready.

I dont know if Gready has Fiv or not but i want her to get vaccinated especially for FeLv and fvrcp, so my question was: is it dangerous for her to get those vaccines if she may have Fiv..? I know i can make her tested, but lets say i dont, will it be harmful for her to get those vaccines?

Ah, I understand your question now. No, there will be no harm to Gready if she gets any of her vaccines even if she does have FIV. In fact, when we know that a cat is positive for FIV we still will vaccinate them.

Do dogs get sciatica? Hi, about three weeks ago zues' back legs seemed week and clumsy and he was dripping... (13412 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (13030 views)

Wheatgrass for cats? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a question for Fei Meow again. As Fei Meow is very happy... (22201 views)

In pain after anal gland surgery. my pet just got an anal gland removed and he dosent want to get up to eat. he has... (7748 views)

Enlarged lymph nodes on chemo. My furry child was recently diagnosed Lymphoma, cells suggestive of T-cell. I do... (12799 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (6852 views)

Painful defecation. Hello again Dr. Marie I had contacted you just awhile ago about my cat Linus and... (4955 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (20311 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (11125 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (14334 views)