Vaccine FeLV positive cat?

Breed: long hair
If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp, aren't those dangerous, are they "alive" or "dead"? Also can i give a cat who has Fiv the FeLv and fvrcp boosters? Actually to be simple: can a cat with a weak immune system receive those boosters? Will those give him the "unwanted" disease? Thank you

We definitely do recommend vaccinating a cat who is positive for feline leukemia. The vaccine will not be harmful to him and will help to protect him from further disease. If he were to come in contact with another virus this could be deadly.

There probably is no benefit in giving feline leukemia vaccine to Gready, but I would give the rest of his vaccines. A while back there was a study that suggested that the Feline Leukemia vaccine would help prevent FeLv positive cats from getting lymphoma but this is not believed to be true anymore.

Ultimately though, I would follow the recommendation of your vet as he or she will know what is best for Gready.

I dont know if Gready has Fiv or not but i want her to get vaccinated especially for FeLv and fvrcp, so my question was: is it dangerous for her to get those vaccines if she may have Fiv..? I know i can make her tested, but lets say i dont, will it be harmful for her to get those vaccines?

Ah, I understand your question now. No, there will be no harm to Gready if she gets any of her vaccines even if she does have FIV. In fact, when we know that a cat is positive for FIV we still will vaccinate them.

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (5821 views)

Are bully sticks safe? My dog loves to chew on bully sticks. I think it's kind of gross that it is a... (18926 views)

Older cat with congestion. First, thank u for your input on my cami that past on previous question.my husband... (5615 views)

Sore after shots. This past Sunday my husband gave our 2 dogs their yearly shots. Our 1 dog is now... (19726 views)

Dog ate a feminine pad. My Boyfriend's Dog scooter is a German Shorthaired Pointer. He is about 4 years old.... (155147 views)

Itchy behind neck and ears. My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail,... (9652 views)

Risks of liver biopsy? Good morning Dr. Marie! Remember me? From last month with Oreo's bile acid test... (22497 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (5588 views)

Sentry Pro Flea and Tick Shampoo Hi Dr. Marie, Last night around 8 pm I gave my dog a bath with Sentry Pro flea... (24909 views)

Cat is sleeping a lot. My cat has been sleeping a lot in the last two days. Want play. Will eat a little.... (8973 views)