Vaccine FeLV positive cat?

Breed: long hair
If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp, aren't those dangerous, are they "alive" or "dead"? Also can i give a cat who has Fiv the FeLv and fvrcp boosters? Actually to be simple: can a cat with a weak immune system receive those boosters? Will those give him the "unwanted" disease? Thank you

We definitely do recommend vaccinating a cat who is positive for feline leukemia. The vaccine will not be harmful to him and will help to protect him from further disease. If he were to come in contact with another virus this could be deadly.

There probably is no benefit in giving feline leukemia vaccine to Gready, but I would give the rest of his vaccines. A while back there was a study that suggested that the Feline Leukemia vaccine would help prevent FeLv positive cats from getting lymphoma but this is not believed to be true anymore.

Ultimately though, I would follow the recommendation of your vet as he or she will know what is best for Gready.

I dont know if Gready has Fiv or not but i want her to get vaccinated especially for FeLv and fvrcp, so my question was: is it dangerous for her to get those vaccines if she may have Fiv..? I know i can make her tested, but lets say i dont, will it be harmful for her to get those vaccines?

Ah, I understand your question now. No, there will be no harm to Gready if she gets any of her vaccines even if she does have FIV. In fact, when we know that a cat is positive for FIV we still will vaccinate them.

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (11769 views)

Possible autoimmune disease. Hi, My dog is currently under vetrinarian care but he has a problem that my... (9488 views)

In heat and shaking her head. My dog has been vomiting and had diarrhea for the last 2-3 days. She has been in... (5629 views)

Heart medication questions. My dog’s name is Yoda. He is 16 years old. But for his heart, he is in good... (5590 views)

Dog ate mouldy treats. My labs get milkbone treats twice a day...I just noticed they have mold on them.... (11379 views)

Needs anals done often. Heidi is having trouble with anal glands. She is on a home cooked diet, mostly... (10193 views)

Is this mammary tumor cancerous? We have an 8 yr old shih Tzu, female spayed before first heat and we noticed a lump... (5163 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (8413 views)

Limping dog. Hello, My dog is a GS mix - she is just over 1 yr old and weighs approx. 70 lbs. ... (20398 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (5586 views)