Vaccine FeLV positive cat?

Breed: long hair
If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp, aren't those dangerous, are they "alive" or "dead"? Also can i give a cat who has Fiv the FeLv and fvrcp boosters? Actually to be simple: can a cat with a weak immune system receive those boosters? Will those give him the "unwanted" disease? Thank you

We definitely do recommend vaccinating a cat who is positive for feline leukemia. The vaccine will not be harmful to him and will help to protect him from further disease. If he were to come in contact with another virus this could be deadly.

There probably is no benefit in giving feline leukemia vaccine to Gready, but I would give the rest of his vaccines. A while back there was a study that suggested that the Feline Leukemia vaccine would help prevent FeLv positive cats from getting lymphoma but this is not believed to be true anymore.

Ultimately though, I would follow the recommendation of your vet as he or she will know what is best for Gready.

I dont know if Gready has Fiv or not but i want her to get vaccinated especially for FeLv and fvrcp, so my question was: is it dangerous for her to get those vaccines if she may have Fiv..? I know i can make her tested, but lets say i dont, will it be harmful for her to get those vaccines?

Ah, I understand your question now. No, there will be no harm to Gready if she gets any of her vaccines even if she does have FIV. In fact, when we know that a cat is positive for FIV we still will vaccinate them.

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (11907 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (7463 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (13202 views)

Needs anals done often. Heidi is having trouble with anal glands. She is on a home cooked diet, mostly... (9663 views)

Cold paws and sore belly. My cat is in really bad shape, at first, she was really bloated and meowed in pain... (10914 views)

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (7856 views)

Bump in dog's mouth. My dog was taken for a walk her ball went under a car, she retreived her ball... (7650 views)

Cat has a sore mouth. My cat does this thing with her mouth as if there's something stuck in her tooth but... (18023 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (8012 views)

Blood in urine. I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am. I have just noticed while... (9642 views)