Kitten with diarrhea.

Breed: Maine Coon
My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much she is having trouble moving what could be wrong?

Sorry to hear that Zena is not well.

You have checked off in your description of Zena that she is under 3 months old. I get really concerned when a young kitten doesn't want to eat. There are a number of possibilities for what could be going on.

Has she had any vaccinations? If she is not fully vaccinated then she could have a virus such as panleukopenia. This is a very serious virus that is the equivalent of parvo virus in dogs. (It is not contagious to dogs though.)

It's also possible that she has some parasites but they would have to be quite severe to cause her to be so unwell.

Another possibility is if she has eaten something that has caused a partial obstruction in her intestines. Again, this is very serious.

A change in food can cause some diarrhea in cats but generally it doesn't cause them to be not moving and very quiet.

Whatever the cause, I would highly recommend that you have your vet see Zena as soon as possible. Kittens are not good at fighting dehydration and can die if they are sick for too long.

Your vet will do a very good exam. They may determine that she is sick enough to need to stay in the hospital and need fluids. Or, they may possibly just give you medication to give her at home to help with the diarrhea and to improve her appetite. When you go, it's a good idea to bring a stool sample with you. The vet can do tests on this to determine if there are any parasites present, and if so, what medications are needed to treat them.

Unfortunately there is no at-home treatment that I can recommend for her.

I really hope that she is ok!

Sick puppy. Our Westie puppy, Minnie, is 12 weeks old today. We got her 23 days ago. From Day... (11373 views)

Iverheart Plus and Max. i have been giving my dog Heartgard Plus for heartworm prevention; i recently... (28696 views)

Vomited dewormer. I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not... (7595 views)

Blood in urine My male cat has red staining to his urine, he isn't acting any different but is... (6677 views)

Male cat has large breasts. Recently (2-3 weeks), my 8 year old male tabby cat has, what seem to be, slightly... (21415 views)

Dog has hotspots from fleas. In August my dog started scratching and biting creating hotspots. She has been... (9422 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (7472 views)

Non itchy bald spots. She has 3 bald spots on her head and 2-3 more around her body. Took her to the vet... (16865 views)

Cat has scabs and dry skin. Any home treatment for scabs/dry skin for cats on their head, chin, and neck? I put... (13418 views)

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (7298 views)