Kitten with diarrhea.

Breed: Maine Coon
My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much she is having trouble moving what could be wrong?

Sorry to hear that Zena is not well.

You have checked off in your description of Zena that she is under 3 months old. I get really concerned when a young kitten doesn't want to eat. There are a number of possibilities for what could be going on.

Has she had any vaccinations? If she is not fully vaccinated then she could have a virus such as panleukopenia. This is a very serious virus that is the equivalent of parvo virus in dogs. (It is not contagious to dogs though.)

It's also possible that she has some parasites but they would have to be quite severe to cause her to be so unwell.

Another possibility is if she has eaten something that has caused a partial obstruction in her intestines. Again, this is very serious.

A change in food can cause some diarrhea in cats but generally it doesn't cause them to be not moving and very quiet.

Whatever the cause, I would highly recommend that you have your vet see Zena as soon as possible. Kittens are not good at fighting dehydration and can die if they are sick for too long.

Your vet will do a very good exam. They may determine that she is sick enough to need to stay in the hospital and need fluids. Or, they may possibly just give you medication to give her at home to help with the diarrhea and to improve her appetite. When you go, it's a good idea to bring a stool sample with you. The vet can do tests on this to determine if there are any parasites present, and if so, what medications are needed to treat them.

Unfortunately there is no at-home treatment that I can recommend for her.

I really hope that she is ok!

Cat puts her paw on my face. Why does my cat Bruski always put her paw on my face when shes sleeping shell keep... (24133 views)

Wound on ear won't heal. My puppy accidentally scratched her inner ear, the wound scabbed over but now she... (16188 views)

Older cat with congestion. First, thank u for your input on my cami that past on previous question.my husband... (5251 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (43354 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (7876 views)

Strange problem with cat. I am having a serious issue. I have an 11 year old female indoor cat, never fixed. ... (9496 views)

Sedative after heartworm treatment? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 and a half year old boxer/lab that is being treated... (13087 views)

Kitten urinating in house. we adopted a 4 month old kitten 3 weeks ago. yesterday he urinated on my husbands... (5933 views)

Lentigo? My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look... (11307 views)

Possible spleen cancer. About 2 wks ago noticed lack of appetite and lethargy. Took her to the vet who said... (10749 views)