Died after grooming.

Breed: shih tzu
Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to the groomers and when she came back home she seemed very tired, she then started to yelp and she couldnt keep her head up, she had trouble keeping her eyes open and staggered when she walked, then she coughed up bright red blood, i took her the vet and she told me the puppy had pervorated eardrums in both ears then the vet took her temperature and said she was dying, the vet put my puppy on a drip and took her to the hospital were she later died, the vet told me she was bleeding from the nose and had lost a lot of blood but does not know why she died, my puppy was fully vaccinated also, thanks for your time.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that this happened. What a horrible situation.

With the amount of bleeding you have described I am wondering if Harrison had gotten into something that caused a coagulation problem. Did she have any exposure to rat or mouse poison? Was she given aspirin at all? Any of these could cause bleeding issues.

It's also possible that she had a condition called IMT (immune mediated thrombocytopenia) which affects a dog's platelets which work for clotting. We don't know why dogs get this.

I don't know what to say about the ear drums. While a vigorous ear cleaning could perforate an ear drum it is really rare.

I wish I had more answers for you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (10072 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (15615 views)

Drinking and urinating more. Approx. 6 yrs old or older, part Rodesian Ridgeback, 69 pounds. He was a stray and... (5576 views)

Large red spots on dog's stomach. When I got home from work today, my dog had several large red spots on his stomach.... (183260 views)

Dog with small pink lump. My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't... (20423 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (15044 views)

Dog ate a needle. My dog had not been eating his usual amount and I was watching him, he then began to... (12828 views)

Small open wound on dog Our min pin lives out in country with us. We have enclosed 1/2 acre fenced area. She... (15358 views)

Lethargic after Trifexis. Hello, Thank you for your help. My beagle, Daisy (25 lbs), ate her dose of... (29162 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (88576 views)