Died after grooming.

Breed: shih tzu
Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to the groomers and when she came back home she seemed very tired, she then started to yelp and she couldnt keep her head up, she had trouble keeping her eyes open and staggered when she walked, then she coughed up bright red blood, i took her the vet and she told me the puppy had pervorated eardrums in both ears then the vet took her temperature and said she was dying, the vet put my puppy on a drip and took her to the hospital were she later died, the vet told me she was bleeding from the nose and had lost a lot of blood but does not know why she died, my puppy was fully vaccinated also, thanks for your time.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that this happened. What a horrible situation.

With the amount of bleeding you have described I am wondering if Harrison had gotten into something that caused a coagulation problem. Did she have any exposure to rat or mouse poison? Was she given aspirin at all? Any of these could cause bleeding issues.

It's also possible that she had a condition called IMT (immune mediated thrombocytopenia) which affects a dog's platelets which work for clotting. We don't know why dogs get this.

I don't know what to say about the ear drums. While a vigorous ear cleaning could perforate an ear drum it is really rare.

I wish I had more answers for you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Red spots on dog's back. my dog scraches all the time i use oatmeal based shampoo--even given her phenergan... (5252 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (13324 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (50618 views)

Dog biting bas of tail, but no fleas. Hi, I have an otherwise healthy chihuahua who has always been a foot chewer but has... (240701 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (17015 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (14652 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (41577 views)

Red spots My dog has been developed having red spot (lots of round and red spot with hair loss... (35607 views)

Red bumps on belly. My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his... (13483 views)

How often for heat? I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of... (11594 views)