Died after grooming.

Breed: shih tzu
Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to the groomers and when she came back home she seemed very tired, she then started to yelp and she couldnt keep her head up, she had trouble keeping her eyes open and staggered when she walked, then she coughed up bright red blood, i took her the vet and she told me the puppy had pervorated eardrums in both ears then the vet took her temperature and said she was dying, the vet put my puppy on a drip and took her to the hospital were she later died, the vet told me she was bleeding from the nose and had lost a lot of blood but does not know why she died, my puppy was fully vaccinated also, thanks for your time.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that this happened. What a horrible situation.

With the amount of bleeding you have described I am wondering if Harrison had gotten into something that caused a coagulation problem. Did she have any exposure to rat or mouse poison? Was she given aspirin at all? Any of these could cause bleeding issues.

It's also possible that she had a condition called IMT (immune mediated thrombocytopenia) which affects a dog's platelets which work for clotting. We don't know why dogs get this.

I don't know what to say about the ear drums. While a vigorous ear cleaning could perforate an ear drum it is really rare.

I wish I had more answers for you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Cat not eating since new kitten arrived. My cat's behavior has changed quite a bit and won't eat. I will explain when he... (25931 views)

Cat not doing well. Hi Dr. Marie, First I want to say I love your page on Facebook and I am a big Fan... (9068 views)

Vomiting after allergy injection My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching... (16568 views)

Dog sick after eating apricots. Yesterday I found Poppy and my other Aussie eating apricots from the neighbors... (22138 views)

FIP? Fever and fluid. We brought Mo into the vet two weeks ago because he had stopped eating and grooming... (8502 views)

Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs. Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what... (48442 views)

Cat has flaky skin. My Maine Coon, Nino has had flaky skin for quite awhile. I had him at the vet a few... (10972 views)

Gray spot near a dog's penis. My dog has gray spot on the bottom by his penis is this normal? He never had them... (12844 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (41985 views)

Possible degenerative myelopathy. Hi Dr. Marie, My 11 year old German shepherd has been taking prevacox, tramedol,... (34378 views)