Died after grooming.

Breed: shih tzu
Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to the groomers and when she came back home she seemed very tired, she then started to yelp and she couldnt keep her head up, she had trouble keeping her eyes open and staggered when she walked, then she coughed up bright red blood, i took her the vet and she told me the puppy had pervorated eardrums in both ears then the vet took her temperature and said she was dying, the vet put my puppy on a drip and took her to the hospital were she later died, the vet told me she was bleeding from the nose and had lost a lot of blood but does not know why she died, my puppy was fully vaccinated also, thanks for your time.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that this happened. What a horrible situation.

With the amount of bleeding you have described I am wondering if Harrison had gotten into something that caused a coagulation problem. Did she have any exposure to rat or mouse poison? Was she given aspirin at all? Any of these could cause bleeding issues.

It's also possible that she had a condition called IMT (immune mediated thrombocytopenia) which affects a dog's platelets which work for clotting. We don't know why dogs get this.

I don't know what to say about the ear drums. While a vigorous ear cleaning could perforate an ear drum it is really rare.

I wish I had more answers for you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

13 year old cat losing weight. I have a 13 yr old male cat that has gradually started to lose weight. He has had... (8456 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (4419 views)

Hibiscus toxic to dogs? Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning... (19428 views)

Bump on dog's ear. Hi Dr. Marie My dog Syrous is 22 months old and is a Dogue de Bordeaux. 2... (60328 views)

Does dog saliva heal a wound? Is there any truth to the old wive's tale that when your dog instinctlively licks a... (7018 views)

Kittens not eating or nursing My cat had 5 kittens 5 weeks ago. Recently, she has stopped feeding them and taking... (11942 views)

Dog pees on the furniture. Rusty is a reserve rescue dog we have had since this summer. He is an absolute joy... (6582 views)

Blood behind dog's ears. I noticed a couple of days ago what looked like mud behind her ears, now it's bloody... (31355 views)

Older dog having seizures. My 10.5 year old chocolate lab had three seizures in 12 hours in October. He's... (14421 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (15869 views)