Both dogs having seizures

Breed: lab and mix lab and
I have 2 dogs. Molly the mixbreed started acting strange about a week ago. not eating much and very listless. She had about 3 seizures in about 6 days lasting about 1 min. each then real disoriented after for awhile. I took her to my vet, he did blood work and said it all came back normal. He gave me a script for phenobarbatol. She seem s bit better but not much. Now out of the the blue, Sandy the lab has had a seizure this morning lasting about the same time and now she is just laying on the floor confused. They are both house dogs. I take them to the vet regularly. I am at a loss..Can you help with any answers. Than you, reva

Oh..you must be so worried! Whenever a dog has seizures and we don't know why, epilepsy is possible and we treat this with phenobarb. However, with both dogs seizuring it sounds like there must be something toxic that was ingested.

Are there any mushrooms growing in your yard? Some can be toxic.

Is there any access to recreational drugs at all? If you have teenagers or borders in the house then question them about this.

Another thing I would suggest is to buy a new bag of food. Sometimes there can be mould in the food that can cause seizures.

I really hope everything is ok!

i have seen some mushrooms in the back of our property. What can I do now to help them?

Different mushrooms have different modes pof action. Ideally the best thing would be in hospital treatment with iv fluids and medications for seizures until everything is out of their system.

There really isn't much in the way of at home treatment that I can recommend.

Kitten nursing on my neck. why does my 8 to 10 month old kitty keep trying to suckle at my neck. He will not... (18623 views)

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (9869 views)

Great Dane footpad problems. I am employeed as a dog walker and recently began visiting a young Great Dane. Her... (12862 views)

Can a dog transmit Hep C? Recently my nephew was bitten by a k-9 dog in a mistaken identity situation. My... (20330 views)

Hip Arthritis. Euthanasia? Hi Myself and my boyfriend have a complicated problem with no good answer. Our 9... (15687 views)

Cloudy eye after an infection hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks... (11959 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (11842 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (10155 views)

Aggressive cat. I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and... (9550 views)

Can a dog transmit HIV or hep c Hello, I know you've had a similar question before but I'm unsure about... (65851 views)