Both dogs having seizures

Breed: lab and mix lab and
I have 2 dogs. Molly the mixbreed started acting strange about a week ago. not eating much and very listless. She had about 3 seizures in about 6 days lasting about 1 min. each then real disoriented after for awhile. I took her to my vet, he did blood work and said it all came back normal. He gave me a script for phenobarbatol. She seem s bit better but not much. Now out of the the blue, Sandy the lab has had a seizure this morning lasting about the same time and now she is just laying on the floor confused. They are both house dogs. I take them to the vet regularly. I am at a loss..Can you help with any answers. Than you, reva

Oh..you must be so worried! Whenever a dog has seizures and we don't know why, epilepsy is possible and we treat this with phenobarb. However, with both dogs seizuring it sounds like there must be something toxic that was ingested.

Are there any mushrooms growing in your yard? Some can be toxic.

Is there any access to recreational drugs at all? If you have teenagers or borders in the house then question them about this.

Another thing I would suggest is to buy a new bag of food. Sometimes there can be mould in the food that can cause seizures.

I really hope everything is ok!

i have seen some mushrooms in the back of our property. What can I do now to help them?

Different mushrooms have different modes pof action. Ideally the best thing would be in hospital treatment with iv fluids and medications for seizures until everything is out of their system.

There really isn't much in the way of at home treatment that I can recommend.

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (28761 views)

Grapeseed extract and dogs. Grape seed extract listed on some chicken jerky treats from china when looking after... (14706 views)

Lump on ear flap. hello, what it is my dog ruby has this lump on the flap of her ear its soft feels... (11324 views)

Not eating, blood tests normal. Hello, Dr. Marie. I'm actually asking this question for my parents about their cat,... (28117 views)

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (7955 views)

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (13064 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (61062 views)

Sneezing cat. We have adopted a feral cat off the back porch in November. We think she is about 2... (16160 views)

Red bumps on belly. My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his... (15785 views)

Dog losing chunks of fur. My dog has been loseing chunks of fur on his face only then next day the skin turns... (12079 views)