Both dogs having seizures

Breed: lab and mix lab and
I have 2 dogs. Molly the mixbreed started acting strange about a week ago. not eating much and very listless. She had about 3 seizures in about 6 days lasting about 1 min. each then real disoriented after for awhile. I took her to my vet, he did blood work and said it all came back normal. He gave me a script for phenobarbatol. She seem s bit better but not much. Now out of the the blue, Sandy the lab has had a seizure this morning lasting about the same time and now she is just laying on the floor confused. They are both house dogs. I take them to the vet regularly. I am at a loss..Can you help with any answers. Than you, reva

Oh..you must be so worried! Whenever a dog has seizures and we don't know why, epilepsy is possible and we treat this with phenobarb. However, with both dogs seizuring it sounds like there must be something toxic that was ingested.

Are there any mushrooms growing in your yard? Some can be toxic.

Is there any access to recreational drugs at all? If you have teenagers or borders in the house then question them about this.

Another thing I would suggest is to buy a new bag of food. Sometimes there can be mould in the food that can cause seizures.

I really hope everything is ok!

i have seen some mushrooms in the back of our property. What can I do now to help them?

Different mushrooms have different modes pof action. Ideally the best thing would be in hospital treatment with iv fluids and medications for seizures until everything is out of their system.

There really isn't much in the way of at home treatment that I can recommend.

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (19514 views)

Peeing on walls. Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls.... (13162 views)

Dog losing weight. my king charles is losing weight, ive tried al different kinds of wet and dry food... (7404 views)

Arsenic in Rawhides? I've given my dogs rawhides for years with no problems--usually 1-2/day. They enjoy... (6809 views)

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (8145 views)

Is this a mouth tumor? Hi, Our cat has been doing poorly lately. She went for about a month eating once... (4169 views)

Good chew toys for dogs. Hi Dr, I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver. He... (14464 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (7494 views)

Arthritis prevention. I have a VERY active 8-year-old German Wirehaired Pointer who LOVES to run. I know... (4776 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (17696 views)