Both dogs having seizures

Breed: lab and mix lab and
I have 2 dogs. Molly the mixbreed started acting strange about a week ago. not eating much and very listless. She had about 3 seizures in about 6 days lasting about 1 min. each then real disoriented after for awhile. I took her to my vet, he did blood work and said it all came back normal. He gave me a script for phenobarbatol. She seem s bit better but not much. Now out of the the blue, Sandy the lab has had a seizure this morning lasting about the same time and now she is just laying on the floor confused. They are both house dogs. I take them to the vet regularly. I am at a loss..Can you help with any answers. Than you, reva

Oh..you must be so worried! Whenever a dog has seizures and we don't know why, epilepsy is possible and we treat this with phenobarb. However, with both dogs seizuring it sounds like there must be something toxic that was ingested.

Are there any mushrooms growing in your yard? Some can be toxic.

Is there any access to recreational drugs at all? If you have teenagers or borders in the house then question them about this.

Another thing I would suggest is to buy a new bag of food. Sometimes there can be mould in the food that can cause seizures.

I really hope everything is ok!

i have seen some mushrooms in the back of our property. What can I do now to help them?

Different mushrooms have different modes pof action. Ideally the best thing would be in hospital treatment with iv fluids and medications for seizures until everything is out of their system.

There really isn't much in the way of at home treatment that I can recommend.

Swollen ankle. On 4/10/12 our dog was running down the hallway as usual and slipped as usual cause... (3997 views)

Dog died at the vet's A couple weeks ago I noticed our dog Gauge was straining to urinate but couldnt. I... (7182 views)

Guinea pig lifespan. Hi! Just wanna know, whats the life span of a guinea... (6908 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (7548 views)

Rabbit thymoma? Okay. Hi. I'm very concerned about my bun. I have gone to the vet twice. The first... (17495 views)

Dog is paralyzed. How are you? I have been reading lots of articles at your site and they help me... (4421 views)

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (9937 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (33337 views)

Shedding calicivirus. Hi can I breed from a cat shedding FCV? She has no symptoms but doen't seem to be... (6531 views)

Does vinegar kill fleas? I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas... (7023 views)