Both dogs having seizures

Breed: lab and mix lab and
I have 2 dogs. Molly the mixbreed started acting strange about a week ago. not eating much and very listless. She had about 3 seizures in about 6 days lasting about 1 min. each then real disoriented after for awhile. I took her to my vet, he did blood work and said it all came back normal. He gave me a script for phenobarbatol. She seem s bit better but not much. Now out of the the blue, Sandy the lab has had a seizure this morning lasting about the same time and now she is just laying on the floor confused. They are both house dogs. I take them to the vet regularly. I am at a loss..Can you help with any answers. Than you, reva

Oh..you must be so worried! Whenever a dog has seizures and we don't know why, epilepsy is possible and we treat this with phenobarb. However, with both dogs seizuring it sounds like there must be something toxic that was ingested.

Are there any mushrooms growing in your yard? Some can be toxic.

Is there any access to recreational drugs at all? If you have teenagers or borders in the house then question them about this.

Another thing I would suggest is to buy a new bag of food. Sometimes there can be mould in the food that can cause seizures.

I really hope everything is ok!

i have seen some mushrooms in the back of our property. What can I do now to help them?

Different mushrooms have different modes pof action. Ideally the best thing would be in hospital treatment with iv fluids and medications for seizures until everything is out of their system.

There really isn't much in the way of at home treatment that I can recommend.

Cat puts her paw on my face. Why does my cat Bruski always put her paw on my face when shes sleeping shell keep... (23864 views)

PPA safety for dogs. Hi, Dr. Marie: I am writing a follow-up question from a few weeks ago regarding... (13340 views)

Human mouthwash for dog? Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a... (18868 views)

Dog losing weight. my king charles is losing weight, ive tried al different kinds of wet and dry food... (7319 views)

Older dog having seizures. She has been having more vestibular events lately and closer to each other and I'm... (7668 views)

Cat with only 4 teeth. We just discovered our cat, Chole, who is 11 years old, seem to have only 4... (10925 views)

Lump on hedgehog I have a hedgehog who has a lump behind his right ear and down into his neck. If I... (17625 views)

Cat can't pee. Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to... (11488 views)

Cancerous growth in dog's mouth? Hi, I have just spotted a growth in my dogs mouth. What does mouth cancer look like... (12907 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (9352 views)