Fleas, pale nose and sick.

Breed: Not sure
My cat Ava has lost alomot all of her hair and so much weight i can see her hip bones and ribs. Ava is an adopted cat. I have had her for a year now. When i got her she was very healty and chunky. Now i cant get her to do anything she just lays around. She does have fleas now and has had a flea treatment. She also has very pale gums. Im very worried about her. She is also to the piont to where you can hardly hear her meow and her purr is very weak. I also have two other cats in the home whom are very healty. I would gratley appercaite any answer. My little girl and I are very worried about Ava. She is my little ones protector.

Please, please have a vet look at Ava as soon as possible.

If her gums are pale and she has recently had fleas she may have something called mycoplasma felis which is a blood parasite that is transmitted by fleas. This can usually be treated quite easily with medications. But, if it is not treated it can be fatal.

It sounds like she is really unwell. Hopefully she can see a vet today!

Dog can't jump. My dog keeps shaking and isn't acting herself. Her whole body is shaking but it is... (26375 views)

Sore leg in 16 year old cat. Hello We have a cat that is about 16 years old. The last couple of days she has... (7156 views)

Bump on eye. Dear Dr. Marie, I am writing about my 3-year-old Australian Cattle Dog, Bruce.... (14753 views)

Laryngeal paralysis. Hi Dr. I have an 11 year old lab that has had breathing problems for some time now.... (23443 views)

Dog shaking and limping. Dear Dr: Since yesterday I see that my dog tires to go to the bathrooms and hide.... (13755 views)

Blood in urine after bladder surgery Hello again Dr. Marie. My dog had bladder surgery on Monday. To make a long story... (23266 views)

Chihuahuas with parvo My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The... (13107 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (15612 views)

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (7004 views)

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (18104 views)