Fleas, pale nose and sick.

Breed: Not sure
My cat Ava has lost alomot all of her hair and so much weight i can see her hip bones and ribs. Ava is an adopted cat. I have had her for a year now. When i got her she was very healty and chunky. Now i cant get her to do anything she just lays around. She does have fleas now and has had a flea treatment. She also has very pale gums. Im very worried about her. She is also to the piont to where you can hardly hear her meow and her purr is very weak. I also have two other cats in the home whom are very healty. I would gratley appercaite any answer. My little girl and I are very worried about Ava. She is my little ones protector.

Please, please have a vet look at Ava as soon as possible.

If her gums are pale and she has recently had fleas she may have something called mycoplasma felis which is a blood parasite that is transmitted by fleas. This can usually be treated quite easily with medications. But, if it is not treated it can be fatal.

It sounds like she is really unwell. Hopefully she can see a vet today!

Dark sticky diarrhea. My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the... (14041 views)

Cooked garlic safety? I have 2 dogs. An 8 pound shipoo and a 20 pound mini shnauzer. The shipoo has... (7181 views)

Cancer in lungs? Josie has had a persistent cough for over a year, so I took her to my vet for a... (5664 views)

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (62202 views)

Dog died after surgery. Last Monday our dog Ben began throwing up. He also stopped eating. It lessened on... (26449 views)

Bad breath he has bad breath is there a way to look after it without the vet... (7923 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (19299 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (33785 views)

Blue lump on dog's belly. Around Christmas, I noticed a blue-tinted bump, about 3 mm in diameter, on my dog's... (24354 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (7778 views)