Dog cowers and pees.

Breed: miniature australian
my dog seems afraid of me when i call her over she cowers and pees when she walks over and she runs when i walk toward her, ive never beat her just tapped her nose when she did something wringwhat do i do

Sorry to hear that Cindy is having these concerns.

It sounds like she needs help in building up some confidence. Here are some things that might help:

I would suggest that you only give her positive praise and no punishment. So, this means no more tapping her on the nose. If she does something bad then just ignore her, but don't give her negative treatment. When she does something good give her lots and lots of praise and treats.

It would be a great idea to take her to obedience classes. These will help to build up her confidence. Be sure to really reward her when she is obedient.

We need to find things that she likes to do and then do lots of it. So, if she likes to chase a ball then you play ball with her so that she can have good experiences with you.

There are a number of other things that can help but you would likely need to go in greater depth than we can get into here. You may want to talk to your vet about setting up a behavioral consult.

Hope she is improving soon!

Repeated ear infections. Hi! My dog Opie is a five-and-a-half-year-old, male (neutered) red sable... (14874 views)

Dogs ate chocolate and sugar. I have an 85 pound lab, an 8 pound mini dachshund and a 12 pound mini dachshund. We... (24810 views)

Gunky eyes in kittens. Hello, We have four newborn kittens--19 days old. One died 2 days ago--we... (12729 views)

dog rigid then drowsy I was rubbing my dog's tummy while he was lying on his back like always. He then... (11487 views)

Lymph node enlargement. Lola was diagnosed with stage III-IVa (b cell) lymphoma a few months ago. Today was... (8981 views)

Wounds by anus. hello, i have a boxer and it is the third time that he has some kind of wound inside... (24185 views)

Questions about anesthesia Hi my name is Jazmin. I'm currently in college now in vet tech school. i have a... (8817 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (90307 views)

Why do dogs eat grass? I recently moved and walk my dog around the new neighborhood. Two times now he has... (18442 views)

Bumps over dog's body. My pug is having dry bumps on his body.. It's not paining him but yeah it's bit... (10700 views)