Dog cowers and pees.

Breed: miniature australian
my dog seems afraid of me when i call her over she cowers and pees when she walks over and she runs when i walk toward her, ive never beat her just tapped her nose when she did something wringwhat do i do

Sorry to hear that Cindy is having these concerns.

It sounds like she needs help in building up some confidence. Here are some things that might help:

I would suggest that you only give her positive praise and no punishment. So, this means no more tapping her on the nose. If she does something bad then just ignore her, but don't give her negative treatment. When she does something good give her lots and lots of praise and treats.

It would be a great idea to take her to obedience classes. These will help to build up her confidence. Be sure to really reward her when she is obedient.

We need to find things that she likes to do and then do lots of it. So, if she likes to chase a ball then you play ball with her so that she can have good experiences with you.

There are a number of other things that can help but you would likely need to go in greater depth than we can get into here. You may want to talk to your vet about setting up a behavioral consult.

Hope she is improving soon!

Ectopic ureter or pelvic bladder? My dog ziggy is almost a year old. I got him at 6 months. He has a urination... (42564 views)

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (16414 views)

Hamster is dying. My hamster is 2 years and 11 months now . I noticed he hasnt been drinking as much ,... (11799 views)

Can a neutered dog breed? Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him... (29865 views)

Black dots in dog's ear. We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's... (13855 views)

Breeding big and little dog. i have a year and a half old female jack russell/rat terrier cross that is in heat... (11415 views)

Cortisone vs. anti-inflammatory. What is more harmful to the liver, anti-inflammatory medication or Cortisone... (9757 views)

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (12022 views)

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (15864 views)

Dog's urine smells unusual. A few days ago I noticed that my dog's urine smells a bit strong. I can't really... (140029 views)