Dog cowers and pees.

Breed: miniature australian
my dog seems afraid of me when i call her over she cowers and pees when she walks over and she runs when i walk toward her, ive never beat her just tapped her nose when she did something wringwhat do i do

Sorry to hear that Cindy is having these concerns.

It sounds like she needs help in building up some confidence. Here are some things that might help:

I would suggest that you only give her positive praise and no punishment. So, this means no more tapping her on the nose. If she does something bad then just ignore her, but don't give her negative treatment. When she does something good give her lots and lots of praise and treats.

It would be a great idea to take her to obedience classes. These will help to build up her confidence. Be sure to really reward her when she is obedient.

We need to find things that she likes to do and then do lots of it. So, if she likes to chase a ball then you play ball with her so that she can have good experiences with you.

There are a number of other things that can help but you would likely need to go in greater depth than we can get into here. You may want to talk to your vet about setting up a behavioral consult.

Hope she is improving soon!

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (24741 views)

Peeing in house. I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in... (5727 views)

Flea problems. WELL MY CAT HAD FLEA'S AND I DEFLEAD THE CAT THE PRODUCTS I USED TO DEFLEA MY CAT... (9411 views)

Bladder stones and crystals. Hello Dr. Marie: Last fall and again in April of this year, Jazz got what was... (11029 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (11285 views)

Cat has scabs on neck. Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly... (12413 views)

Heart medication questions. My dog’s name is Yoda. He is 16 years old. But for his heart, he is in good... (5433 views)

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (8262 views)

Cloudy eye with blood. My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There... (9867 views)

Light colored diarrhea. Yesterday my husband and I purchased our new family addition and his brother. Last... (31926 views)