Dog cowers and pees.

Breed: miniature australian
my dog seems afraid of me when i call her over she cowers and pees when she walks over and she runs when i walk toward her, ive never beat her just tapped her nose when she did something wringwhat do i do

Sorry to hear that Cindy is having these concerns.

It sounds like she needs help in building up some confidence. Here are some things that might help:

I would suggest that you only give her positive praise and no punishment. So, this means no more tapping her on the nose. If she does something bad then just ignore her, but don't give her negative treatment. When she does something good give her lots and lots of praise and treats.

It would be a great idea to take her to obedience classes. These will help to build up her confidence. Be sure to really reward her when she is obedient.

We need to find things that she likes to do and then do lots of it. So, if she likes to chase a ball then you play ball with her so that she can have good experiences with you.

There are a number of other things that can help but you would likely need to go in greater depth than we can get into here. You may want to talk to your vet about setting up a behavioral consult.

Hope she is improving soon!

Lump on dog's leg. Hey Dr. Marie (and Happy Holidays!) I noticed about a week ago while petting my... (48552 views)

Diabetes and IBD. Hi Dr. Marie- This one is long and complicated, but hopefully it makes sense! I... (9924 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (16994 views)

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (16324 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (11730 views)

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (23148 views)

Clear discharge from eye. Hi there, My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye... (12389 views)

Pumpkin for anal glands. My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for... (40655 views)

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (24518 views)

Dog pees when excited. comit had surgery done to remove a hernia and the vets said it was of most good to... (11704 views)