Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky.

Breed: Corgi / Chihuahua
Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been tested for ‘diethylene glycol' and what the results of those tests have been?

My puppy was recently seriously ill (I posted under the chicken jerky forum) and since I am Canadian, I couldn't submit to the FDA. The Canadian Veterinary Medical Association suggested that I send the treats to a private lab for testing and suggested testing for ‘diethylene glycol'.

Interesting point. Unfortunately, to this date we still don't know why so many dogs are getting sick from Chicken jerky.

I do feel that the FDA is trying to figure out the problem, but so far not even one suggestion has come forth.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for your question.

Hypothermic dog. Two days ago my black lab pup fell threw some ice, he was in the water for about 5... (10642 views)

Cat with megacolon We have a cat, Poofter, who has mega-colon. The vet prescribed Hills Prescription... (12629 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (8993 views)

Fly a puppy in cargo? Hi Dr Marie. We live in Halifax and are buying a pup from a breeder in Winnipeg.... (6668 views)

Senior cat losing weight. My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of... (10458 views)

Dog is losing weight. I have a 7yr old larger sized min pin. Had her fixed at 1yrs old and she has always... (11347 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (9304 views)

Insulin shock Lucy is diabetic.She gets 4units 2x daily with food..Monday she started to have... (7581 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (16667 views)

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (11690 views)