Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky.

Breed: Corgi / Chihuahua
Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been tested for ‘diethylene glycol' and what the results of those tests have been?

My puppy was recently seriously ill (I posted under the chicken jerky forum) and since I am Canadian, I couldn't submit to the FDA. The Canadian Veterinary Medical Association suggested that I send the treats to a private lab for testing and suggested testing for ‘diethylene glycol'.

Interesting point. Unfortunately, to this date we still don't know why so many dogs are getting sick from Chicken jerky.

I do feel that the FDA is trying to figure out the problem, but so far not even one suggestion has come forth.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for your question.

Quiet after dentistry. Good morning...this may be lengthy...sorry. Despite my cats advanced age of 17,... (5298 views)

Daschund with sore neck. My dog was perfectly fine leading up to and on the day he received his vaccines. He... (7630 views)

Puppy vomiting at night. My 5 month old lab is crate trained and in his crate almost nightly he has begun to... (46402 views)

Diarrhea and then death. My question is about the death of our Daisy Mae. We are staying in South Padre... (37086 views)

Mange treatment. Dr. Marie: My dog has demodectic mange. We give her Promeris, but it makes her... (15383 views)

Possible stroke? Hi, Back at the end of June my dog was hit by a truck, his brakes locked, and... (9893 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (7334 views)

Rat bleeding from eye. It started about 4-5 weeks ago when I noticed my girl was bleeding from her eye and... (19219 views)

Swollen ear with pus. my dogs ear has suddenly become really swollen with what seems like puss it is very... (8436 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (6722 views)