Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky.

Breed: Corgi / Chihuahua
Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been tested for ‘diethylene glycol' and what the results of those tests have been?

My puppy was recently seriously ill (I posted under the chicken jerky forum) and since I am Canadian, I couldn't submit to the FDA. The Canadian Veterinary Medical Association suggested that I send the treats to a private lab for testing and suggested testing for ‘diethylene glycol'.

Interesting point. Unfortunately, to this date we still don't know why so many dogs are getting sick from Chicken jerky.

I do feel that the FDA is trying to figure out the problem, but so far not even one suggestion has come forth.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for your question.

Is this a tick? So Badger has a strange growth on the edge of his ear...I will include two pictures... (29872 views)

Cat died after surgery. my 4yr old cat had a puncture wound to the abdomen. 2 vets evaluated him. Gave him... (9064 views)

Coughing and not eating. I recently adopted Bell (female) and Sid (6 month old male from a local animal... (6045 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (10082 views)

Human mouthwash for dog? Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a... (21034 views)

Rare form hepatitis. I got Sadie in January this year. She is a rescue. She's been sick since February.... (5070 views)

Pea sized lump. Hi Dr. This morning I noticed a pea-sized lump on one of Max's ribs on the left... (58477 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (6657 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (9332 views)

Milk coming out of squirrel's nose. I have an orphaned squirrel that doesn't have his eyes open yet. He has aspirated... (11435 views)