Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky.

Breed: Corgi / Chihuahua
Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been tested for ‘diethylene glycol' and what the results of those tests have been?

My puppy was recently seriously ill (I posted under the chicken jerky forum) and since I am Canadian, I couldn't submit to the FDA. The Canadian Veterinary Medical Association suggested that I send the treats to a private lab for testing and suggested testing for ‘diethylene glycol'.

Interesting point. Unfortunately, to this date we still don't know why so many dogs are getting sick from Chicken jerky.

I do feel that the FDA is trying to figure out the problem, but so far not even one suggestion has come forth.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for your question.

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (9334 views)

Vomiting, diarrhea and red eyes. Hi Dr. Marie, My cat Mercy is 6 years old and is an indoor cat (she is deaf). ... (12653 views)

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (15592 views)

Coughing older dog. Parker is a slightly smaller than average Wheaten mix who has been overweight most... (5400 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (45295 views)

Died after bloat surgery. My dog became sick early Friday morning (2am) and vomited 3 times between 2am and... (17948 views)

Lethargic kitten after spay. My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her... (14720 views)

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (8308 views)

Cat with asthma. My Abby was diagnosed with a respiratory problem similar to asthma and was... (8295 views)

Treatments for IBD in dogs. My dog has IBD, biopsy diagnosis. Tested feb 2010 mild fib rising lymphocytic... (14110 views)