Vomiting undigested food.

Breed: Mixed stray
My cat primarily eats dry food. She frequently vomits undigested food.What can I do for this problem?

The answer to this question depends on how often Snoopy is vomiting. If it is once a week or less, it may be nothing.

If this is the case you can try a hairball medicine (usually available over the counter) 2-3 times per week to see if there is improvement.

However if she is vomiting more frequently than that then there may be a medical issue. There are many things that can cause cats to vomit including hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, liver disease, cancers and other problems.

Many cats who vomit frequently have inflammatory bowel disease (even if there is no diarrhea). If your vet is suspecting IBD they can prescribe medication and possibly special food to help.

It is very important for you to have some bloodwork done on your girl to determine if there is an underlying medical condition.

I hope she does ok!

Red spots My dog has been developed having red spot (lots of round and red spot with hair loss... (34193 views)

Coughing blood and mucus. Marvin has been periodically coughing up mucus with blood in it. He has a tumor of... (31013 views)

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (79614 views)

Can a dog adapt to a new home? Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The... (7703 views)

Hamster is dying. My hamster is 2 years and 11 months now . I noticed he hasnt been drinking as much ,... (8686 views)

UTI and straining. I have a feral cat that hangs around my workplace. I have had him neutered. He also... (12763 views)

Wheezing dog. My dog wheezes just after going on a walk with me and then proceeds to act sick or... (7111 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (9545 views)

Lifespan of a rat? What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is... (6261 views)

Lymphangectasia in a dog Hi Dr, Sorry to bother you again. Max's biopsies came back. strong... (8078 views)