Vomiting undigested food.

Breed: Mixed stray
My cat primarily eats dry food. She frequently vomits undigested food.What can I do for this problem?

The answer to this question depends on how often Snoopy is vomiting. If it is once a week or less, it may be nothing.

If this is the case you can try a hairball medicine (usually available over the counter) 2-3 times per week to see if there is improvement.

However if she is vomiting more frequently than that then there may be a medical issue. There are many things that can cause cats to vomit including hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, liver disease, cancers and other problems.

Many cats who vomit frequently have inflammatory bowel disease (even if there is no diarrhea). If your vet is suspecting IBD they can prescribe medication and possibly special food to help.

It is very important for you to have some bloodwork done on your girl to determine if there is an underlying medical condition.

I hope she does ok!

Cat puffing its hair out. Is there other reasons besides a cat trying to make itself look big for a fight that... (15083 views)

Pit Bull doesn't want to walk. Okay, A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had... (8388 views)

Pemphigus and prednisone. Dear Dr Marie I am from Nepal. It is a developing country with per capita income... (5820 views)

Are chicken bones bad for dogs? Bobby has a very sensitive stomach. He has been vomiting lately. We gave him some... (17003 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (68442 views)

Itchy dog. Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got... (6214 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (6555 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (12521 views)

Repeated bouts of Giardia. Our 4 month old Boston terrier Gidget was diagnosed with giardia over 6 weeks ago.... (7200 views)

Why did 15 year old dog die? Hello, My dog was 15 years old and she just recently died last thursday. My mother... (15785 views)