Vomiting undigested food.

Breed: Mixed stray
My cat primarily eats dry food. She frequently vomits undigested food.What can I do for this problem?

The answer to this question depends on how often Snoopy is vomiting. If it is once a week or less, it may be nothing.

If this is the case you can try a hairball medicine (usually available over the counter) 2-3 times per week to see if there is improvement.

However if she is vomiting more frequently than that then there may be a medical issue. There are many things that can cause cats to vomit including hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, liver disease, cancers and other problems.

Many cats who vomit frequently have inflammatory bowel disease (even if there is no diarrhea). If your vet is suspecting IBD they can prescribe medication and possibly special food to help.

It is very important for you to have some bloodwork done on your girl to determine if there is an underlying medical condition.

I hope she does ok!

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (6495 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (9209 views)

Does my cat have cancer? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 3rd time writing to... (18479 views)

Dog won't walk. my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of... (18484 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (9358 views)

Cat died after surgery. my 4yr old cat had a puncture wound to the abdomen. 2 vets evaluated him. Gave him... (11099 views)

Diabetic cat diet. Hi, I am the owner of two siamese cats (female) from same litter - 11.5 years old.... (13954 views)

Guinea pig jumping out of my arms. I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks.... (7514 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (24817 views)

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (42604 views)