Vomiting undigested food.

Breed: Mixed stray
My cat primarily eats dry food. She frequently vomits undigested food.What can I do for this problem?

The answer to this question depends on how often Snoopy is vomiting. If it is once a week or less, it may be nothing.

If this is the case you can try a hairball medicine (usually available over the counter) 2-3 times per week to see if there is improvement.

However if she is vomiting more frequently than that then there may be a medical issue. There are many things that can cause cats to vomit including hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, liver disease, cancers and other problems.

Many cats who vomit frequently have inflammatory bowel disease (even if there is no diarrhea). If your vet is suspecting IBD they can prescribe medication and possibly special food to help.

It is very important for you to have some bloodwork done on your girl to determine if there is an underlying medical condition.

I hope she does ok!

Possible degnerative myelopathy. My 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retreiver has been diagnosed with degenerative disc... (8784 views)

Repeated ear infections. Hi! My dog Opie is a five-and-a-half-year-old, male (neutered) red sable... (13776 views)

Cat ate A&D cream. Four days ago Salem licked some A&D cream. I called poison control and they there... (24564 views)

Dog going blind. Our dog Vinnie started suddenly to become lethargic and then over a period of 4... (8957 views)

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (26433 views)

Is my dog hypothyroid? My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who... (8075 views)

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (6356 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (5916 views)

Dog scared of people. Hi My dog is very scared of people. she is a year old and has been scared of new... (11930 views)

Rat lost his brother. My rat has lost his brother will he be ok i am not getting another... (12886 views)