Vomiting undigested food.

Breed: Mixed stray
My cat primarily eats dry food. She frequently vomits undigested food.What can I do for this problem?

The answer to this question depends on how often Snoopy is vomiting. If it is once a week or less, it may be nothing.

If this is the case you can try a hairball medicine (usually available over the counter) 2-3 times per week to see if there is improvement.

However if she is vomiting more frequently than that then there may be a medical issue. There are many things that can cause cats to vomit including hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, liver disease, cancers and other problems.

Many cats who vomit frequently have inflammatory bowel disease (even if there is no diarrhea). If your vet is suspecting IBD they can prescribe medication and possibly special food to help.

It is very important for you to have some bloodwork done on your girl to determine if there is an underlying medical condition.

I hope she does ok!

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (18285 views)

Cat having trouble urinating. I have a cat, a very lively talkative cat, who is displaying health problems. She... (9067 views)

Different pupil sizes in older cat. I recently noticed that my cat's irises don't match... one is opened wide, the other... (30634 views)

Cat with weeping skin. I have a young cat (about a year and a half) that I found (and finally managed to... (11072 views)

Tapeworm contagious? I have a 3-4 yr old Siamese cat named Vincent....I got him from a shelter as a... (31792 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (19623 views)

Cat aggressive with new kitten. I just got a new kitten but one of the cats in my house is attacking him. Ever... (17861 views)

Will one grape hurt my dog? (127152 views)

Cancerous growth in dog's mouth? Hi, I have just spotted a growth in my dogs mouth. What does mouth cancer look like... (16287 views)

Broken leg in puppy? hi my puppu fell off the bed and now she cant put any weight on her front left paw... (26071 views)