Vomiting undigested food.

Breed: Mixed stray
My cat primarily eats dry food. She frequently vomits undigested food.What can I do for this problem?

The answer to this question depends on how often Snoopy is vomiting. If it is once a week or less, it may be nothing.

If this is the case you can try a hairball medicine (usually available over the counter) 2-3 times per week to see if there is improvement.

However if she is vomiting more frequently than that then there may be a medical issue. There are many things that can cause cats to vomit including hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, liver disease, cancers and other problems.

Many cats who vomit frequently have inflammatory bowel disease (even if there is no diarrhea). If your vet is suspecting IBD they can prescribe medication and possibly special food to help.

It is very important for you to have some bloodwork done on your girl to determine if there is an underlying medical condition.

I hope she does ok!

Patches of hair loss on snout. Hi, my dog Penelope has started to develop a patch of hair loss on the right side of... (19095 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (4565 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (17823 views)

Pregnant if bred when bleeding? I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with... (75540 views)

Hair loss on a boxer. I've had Kizzie for two years. She's a vibrant and playful dog. Recently, I've... (13138 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (6767 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (22703 views)

Beagle has lots of problems. I found my Beagle Lucky as a stray almost a year ago, he is around 4 years old. I... (6768 views)

Not eating and tired cat. My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking... (50774 views)

Clear discharge from eye. Hi there, My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye... (11181 views)