Costco Kirkland flea product

Breed: Amer. Bulldog
Hello
We have 2 American Bulldogs. We have been using Frontline for a few years and we love it.
We discovered today at Costco, a new flea formula (their "Kirkland" brand") containing Etofenprox, which is a *different* active ingredient than Frontline, but at a fraction of the cost.
Frontline is very pricey!

Anyway - how effective is it compared to Frontline?
Does it last just as long? Is it waterproof?.
Does it *really* work as well as Frontline?

We just want to have an accurate understanding of the differences between these flea control products, from a licensed professional, before we decide.

Please email me at karn77@comcast.net

By the way, we don't own any cats.

KKL
WA State

I have never heard of the ingredient Etofenprox so I looked it up for you. It turns out that this is actually an ingredient that has been around for many years. It is a synthetic pyrethroid. According to the experts it is "marginally effective" against fleas.

The best products for fleas are definitely the ones sold by your veterinarian. I have found that almost all of the over the counter products will only kill a small portion of fleas. I can't tell you how many clients I see who have spent hundreds of dollars trying every OTC flea product they can find and then finally coming to me for something that works!

You can read more information on this type of thing here.

Cat shaking and licking lips. My cat (11 months old) is a male cat, neutered, all shots, etc. He has always been... (28722 views)

Natural flea product? Dear Dr. Marie: We use Sentry Natural Defense squeeze-on flea control product on... (12915 views)

Cloudy eye with blood. My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There... (15211 views)

Not eating or drinking because lonely? i have a puppy i've had her in the backyard now my sister had an inspection at her... (10619 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (12017 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (41546 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (32488 views)

High ALKP and bile acids. Hi Dr. Marie I value your opinion so much and I do respect and understand that... (19336 views)

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (33264 views)

Guinea pig biting. How I can gently dissuade my guinea pig from nibbling and nipping me? Recently my... (11299 views)