Costco Kirkland flea product

Breed: Amer. Bulldog
Hello
We have 2 American Bulldogs. We have been using Frontline for a few years and we love it.
We discovered today at Costco, a new flea formula (their "Kirkland" brand") containing Etofenprox, which is a *different* active ingredient than Frontline, but at a fraction of the cost.
Frontline is very pricey!

Anyway - how effective is it compared to Frontline?
Does it last just as long? Is it waterproof?.
Does it *really* work as well as Frontline?

We just want to have an accurate understanding of the differences between these flea control products, from a licensed professional, before we decide.

Please email me at karn77@comcast.net

By the way, we don't own any cats.

KKL
WA State

I have never heard of the ingredient Etofenprox so I looked it up for you. It turns out that this is actually an ingredient that has been around for many years. It is a synthetic pyrethroid. According to the experts it is "marginally effective" against fleas.

The best products for fleas are definitely the ones sold by your veterinarian. I have found that almost all of the over the counter products will only kill a small portion of fleas. I can't tell you how many clients I see who have spent hundreds of dollars trying every OTC flea product they can find and then finally coming to me for something that works!

You can read more information on this type of thing here.

Black spot on dog's nose. Hi my name is Joanne I noticed about a week ago my 8 year old lab had a small black... (23053 views)

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (5803 views)

Matts on my cat I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for... (6626 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (7201 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (5074 views)

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (12533 views)

Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing? My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to... (37550 views)

Lump on dog's head. Within a week or two I noticed a bump on Badger's head (about center back behind... (30072 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (7423 views)

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (8159 views)