Costco Kirkland flea product

Breed: Amer. Bulldog
Hello
We have 2 American Bulldogs. We have been using Frontline for a few years and we love it.
We discovered today at Costco, a new flea formula (their "Kirkland" brand") containing Etofenprox, which is a *different* active ingredient than Frontline, but at a fraction of the cost.
Frontline is very pricey!

Anyway - how effective is it compared to Frontline?
Does it last just as long? Is it waterproof?.
Does it *really* work as well as Frontline?

We just want to have an accurate understanding of the differences between these flea control products, from a licensed professional, before we decide.

Please email me at karn77@comcast.net

By the way, we don't own any cats.

KKL
WA State

I have never heard of the ingredient Etofenprox so I looked it up for you. It turns out that this is actually an ingredient that has been around for many years. It is a synthetic pyrethroid. According to the experts it is "marginally effective" against fleas.

The best products for fleas are definitely the ones sold by your veterinarian. I have found that almost all of the over the counter products will only kill a small portion of fleas. I can't tell you how many clients I see who have spent hundreds of dollars trying every OTC flea product they can find and then finally coming to me for something that works!

You can read more information on this type of thing here.

Why did my cat die? Hello, The other day, our cat Misty (she would have been 16-years-old next month)... (13469 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (75573 views)

Dog keeps licking butt. My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands... (19082 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (12913 views)

Vomiting undigested food. I read in a magazine Woman's World about your service to give pet medical advice. My... (19292 views)

Calicivirus questions My cat has just had all of her teeth removed because of stomatitis. My vet said... (9030 views)

Golden Retriever puppy diarrhea. Dr, All of a sudden last Sunday my 8 week old male Golden had two large stools... (19542 views)

Clumsy,wobbly yorkiepoo. My son put my 11 month old yorkiepoo outside yesterday and he didn't let him back in... (13632 views)

Sore after shots. This past Sunday my husband gave our 2 dogs their yearly shots. Our 1 dog is now... (19728 views)

Diarrhea and pale gums in a kitten. My cat has dirra for about two week i have notice his gum is pale pink what should... (10186 views)