Costco Kirkland flea product

Breed: Amer. Bulldog
Hello
We have 2 American Bulldogs. We have been using Frontline for a few years and we love it.
We discovered today at Costco, a new flea formula (their "Kirkland" brand") containing Etofenprox, which is a *different* active ingredient than Frontline, but at a fraction of the cost.
Frontline is very pricey!

Anyway - how effective is it compared to Frontline?
Does it last just as long? Is it waterproof?.
Does it *really* work as well as Frontline?

We just want to have an accurate understanding of the differences between these flea control products, from a licensed professional, before we decide.

Please email me at karn77@comcast.net

By the way, we don't own any cats.

KKL
WA State

I have never heard of the ingredient Etofenprox so I looked it up for you. It turns out that this is actually an ingredient that has been around for many years. It is a synthetic pyrethroid. According to the experts it is "marginally effective" against fleas.

The best products for fleas are definitely the ones sold by your veterinarian. I have found that almost all of the over the counter products will only kill a small portion of fleas. I can't tell you how many clients I see who have spent hundreds of dollars trying every OTC flea product they can find and then finally coming to me for something that works!

You can read more information on this type of thing here.

Contagious seizures. Blake is a 2yr old German shepherd that started having epileptic fits in june 2010.... (11726 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (25917 views)

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (5055 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (30117 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (18999 views)

Thin older cat. Dr. Marie, My cat is very thin although he eats every 1/2 hour, he has also... (11329 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (13896 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (27548 views)

Does Dawn Dishsoap kill fleas? Hi, I recently bought cat shampoo, and through research found that it was... (21591 views)

Foot got caught in door. As my 10 lb chiwawa was going back in the house this morning and I was opening the... (19543 views)