Runny eyes in a persian.

Breed: Persian
Hi there I just recently got Chewey who is a extreme flat face persian and his eyes seem to always be running and watering a brownish red color. I am just wondering what I can do to help this problem or if it is just normal. I clean his face twice a day but it comes back so quickly. Thank you in advance for your help.

Kelsey

Thanks for your question. It is quite common for persian cats to have discharge from their eyes. A brown color is normal for these guys.

If you are seeing that there is a green or a yellow discharge then this could be an infection, but brown is likely not an infection.

Does Chewey seem to be squinting or have red eyes at all? If so, then it would be worthwhile to have your vet have a look at him to be sure there is no condition that could be treated such as an allergy or a problem with tear production.

I have had good success cleaning these eyes using a product called optix care.

I hope that helps!

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (10192 views)

Drooling and twitching. My 8 week old Mini American Eskimo has been drooling excessively all day. The... (13250 views)

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (10988 views)

Chihuahua ate tennis ball. My small, 5lb baby girl chihauha (sp?) was outside playing with our two other dogs. ... (20336 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in maltese puppy. Good evening, I had a question for you regarding my puppy. She is almost 12... (6459 views)

How often to bathe a dog? I have a black lab that just turned 4. She has relatively short hair, how often... (8260 views)

Megaesophagus in a puppy. I have a 7 week old lab/pit mix puppy who has been throwing up her food since we got... (8685 views)

Ectopic ureter or pelvic bladder? My dog ziggy is almost a year old. I got him at 6 months. He has a urination... (40012 views)

Does Dawn Dishsoap kill fleas? Hi, I recently bought cat shampoo, and through research found that it was... (21956 views)

Itchy coat. my dog itches and her coat seems to be popped up at various places, have cheched... (7009 views)