Runny eyes in a persian.

Breed: Persian
Hi there I just recently got Chewey who is a extreme flat face persian and his eyes seem to always be running and watering a brownish red color. I am just wondering what I can do to help this problem or if it is just normal. I clean his face twice a day but it comes back so quickly. Thank you in advance for your help.

Kelsey

Thanks for your question. It is quite common for persian cats to have discharge from their eyes. A brown color is normal for these guys.

If you are seeing that there is a green or a yellow discharge then this could be an infection, but brown is likely not an infection.

Does Chewey seem to be squinting or have red eyes at all? If so, then it would be worthwhile to have your vet have a look at him to be sure there is no condition that could be treated such as an allergy or a problem with tear production.

I have had good success cleaning these eyes using a product called optix care.

I hope that helps!

Dog has a runny eye. Hi Marie! Aprox. 2 months ago, Hope's one eye started to water and run a clear... (19974 views)

Zodiac safe? Is Zodiac Spot Treatment safe to use on my small dog and... (8966 views)

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (20953 views)

Swollen eyelid. My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had... (16749 views)

Ovarian remnant Hi, We have a spayed cat that has been showing signs of being on heat on and off... (9394 views)

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (7828 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (17168 views)

Walking on tip toes. my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when... (9910 views)

Lump under dog's eye? Hello, A couple days ago I noticed a red-pink bump under my dog's right eye. It... (24317 views)

Possible autoimmune disease. Hi, My dog is currently under vetrinarian care but he has a problem that my... (8487 views)