Lump on my dog.

Breed: Border-Collie Shephe
Hello Dr. Marie,

I sincerely hope that this is real, and that if it is and you scanning through questions that you've hopefully stopped at mine.

My boyfriend & I adopted Shreddy roughly two years ago from a family with one too many dogs and too little space. He had all of his shots and his papers of proof. After a while had passed I noticed he had a lump on his chest a bit smaller than a golf ball. Dog breeder friends of ours told us it was probably just a fat deposit and not to worry about it. Shreddy has now come up with yet another lump on the left side just next to his manliness. Please respond with any possibilities of what it could be- my brain keeps thinking cancer

It's really hard to talk about lumps without being able to feel them and see them.

It is really common for dogs who develop fat deposits (lipomas) to develop more. The only way to know for sure though is to have your vet do a fine needle aspirate test on it.

Most cancerous lumps tend to be very hard in texture, irregular in shape and often will look "angry" - i.e. red/purple.

It's probably best to have your vet take a look just to put your mind at ease.

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (29515 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (5764 views)

White bumps on anus. Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am... (24005 views)

Dog ate raisins. My 16lb. 10 month old beagle ate about 20-25 raisins yesterday at approx. 6pm and we... (142250 views)

Cancer in a cat's chest. Hi there, I hope this wont be too long, but I want to provide the history of the... (13296 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (316079 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (61331 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (8725 views)

Lung problem in dog. Our cuddly Walter had "kennel cough" several times throughout his life (about 5),... (8101 views)

Dog pulling hair out of wrist. Well, Looks like there was an infection and he's on zeniquin 100 for 14d now.... (26719 views)