Lump on my dog.

Breed: Border-Collie Shephe
Hello Dr. Marie,

I sincerely hope that this is real, and that if it is and you scanning through questions that you've hopefully stopped at mine.

My boyfriend & I adopted Shreddy roughly two years ago from a family with one too many dogs and too little space. He had all of his shots and his papers of proof. After a while had passed I noticed he had a lump on his chest a bit smaller than a golf ball. Dog breeder friends of ours told us it was probably just a fat deposit and not to worry about it. Shreddy has now come up with yet another lump on the left side just next to his manliness. Please respond with any possibilities of what it could be- my brain keeps thinking cancer

It's really hard to talk about lumps without being able to feel them and see them.

It is really common for dogs who develop fat deposits (lipomas) to develop more. The only way to know for sure though is to have your vet do a fine needle aspirate test on it.

Most cancerous lumps tend to be very hard in texture, irregular in shape and often will look "angry" - i.e. red/purple.

It's probably best to have your vet take a look just to put your mind at ease.

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (100470 views)

Treat for fleas same day as spay? I just had my puppy spayed. She came home with fleas. How long do I have to wait... (12789 views)

How often to bathe a dog? I have a black lab that just turned 4. She has relatively short hair, how often... (8343 views)

How to stop dog from scratching. I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching... (18171 views)

Overgrooming cat. I RESCUED THE CAT FROM THE STREETS 10 MONTHS AGO. HES 20 POUNDS, EATS WELL, I GIVE... (9683 views)

Pooping outside of box. Hi, I have a 13 year old cat named Dagmar. Apart from being slightly overweight, she... (7211 views)

Is this Pemphigus? My cat Loki is a 4 yr old, neutered male. Over the past 2 years he has been getting... (8995 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (4916 views)

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (14174 views)

White vaginal discharge. Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her... (18056 views)