Lump on my dog.

Breed: Border-Collie Shephe
Hello Dr. Marie,

I sincerely hope that this is real, and that if it is and you scanning through questions that you've hopefully stopped at mine.

My boyfriend & I adopted Shreddy roughly two years ago from a family with one too many dogs and too little space. He had all of his shots and his papers of proof. After a while had passed I noticed he had a lump on his chest a bit smaller than a golf ball. Dog breeder friends of ours told us it was probably just a fat deposit and not to worry about it. Shreddy has now come up with yet another lump on the left side just next to his manliness. Please respond with any possibilities of what it could be- my brain keeps thinking cancer

It's really hard to talk about lumps without being able to feel them and see them.

It is really common for dogs who develop fat deposits (lipomas) to develop more. The only way to know for sure though is to have your vet do a fine needle aspirate test on it.

Most cancerous lumps tend to be very hard in texture, irregular in shape and often will look "angry" - i.e. red/purple.

It's probably best to have your vet take a look just to put your mind at ease.

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (38748 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (17904 views)

How long is FIP contagious? Hi Marie. Here's my situation. Adopted Charlie in August 2010. On March 1, this year... (15265 views)

Coronavirus and FIP. I recently adopted a cat from overseas, and I found out later he was housed briefly... (7603 views)

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (21050 views)

Conjunctivitis zoonotic? My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who... (12926 views)

Liver cancer questions. My dog Penny was on trilo for Cushings - Dec 2010- then she went into Addisons went... (6611 views)

Grief after dog passed away. I recently lost my 13 year old German Shepherd mix. She is my first dog. My... (6743 views)

Bladder stones and crystals. Hello Dr. Marie: Last fall and again in April of this year, Jazz got what was... (10144 views)

Weight loss in cat. My cat use to be really overweight. About a year ago he started to get sick a lot... (7292 views)