Lump on my dog.

Breed: Border-Collie Shephe
Hello Dr. Marie,

I sincerely hope that this is real, and that if it is and you scanning through questions that you've hopefully stopped at mine.

My boyfriend & I adopted Shreddy roughly two years ago from a family with one too many dogs and too little space. He had all of his shots and his papers of proof. After a while had passed I noticed he had a lump on his chest a bit smaller than a golf ball. Dog breeder friends of ours told us it was probably just a fat deposit and not to worry about it. Shreddy has now come up with yet another lump on the left side just next to his manliness. Please respond with any possibilities of what it could be- my brain keeps thinking cancer

It's really hard to talk about lumps without being able to feel them and see them.

It is really common for dogs who develop fat deposits (lipomas) to develop more. The only way to know for sure though is to have your vet do a fine needle aspirate test on it.

Most cancerous lumps tend to be very hard in texture, irregular in shape and often will look "angry" - i.e. red/purple.

It's probably best to have your vet take a look just to put your mind at ease.

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (6827 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (13929 views)

Need spanish to be a vet? I am wishing to go into the veterinary workforce, and I would love to know if you... (11869 views)

Repeated ear infections. Hi! My dog Opie is a five-and-a-half-year-old, male (neutered) red sable... (12579 views)

Salivating dog. Seizures? My dog started to twist and chew on her tongue and stick it out on her right side... (11744 views)

Ultrasonic noise deterrents for cats? do devices that omit a 124db ultrasonic burst of sound work as a cat deterrent... (9715 views)

Fishy smelling urine. Hi - my dog Bluebell has had a fishy smell to her urine for quite some time and... (30136 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (24505 views)

Factory Farms and CAFOS Hello my name is Alyssa. I am a senior at FD Roosevelt Senior High School. I am... (6891 views)

My kitten died. Hi Dr Marie, We came home on Sunday after a night away (less than 24 hours) to... (12120 views)