Lump on my dog.

Breed: Border-Collie Shephe
Hello Dr. Marie,

I sincerely hope that this is real, and that if it is and you scanning through questions that you've hopefully stopped at mine.

My boyfriend & I adopted Shreddy roughly two years ago from a family with one too many dogs and too little space. He had all of his shots and his papers of proof. After a while had passed I noticed he had a lump on his chest a bit smaller than a golf ball. Dog breeder friends of ours told us it was probably just a fat deposit and not to worry about it. Shreddy has now come up with yet another lump on the left side just next to his manliness. Please respond with any possibilities of what it could be- my brain keeps thinking cancer

It's really hard to talk about lumps without being able to feel them and see them.

It is really common for dogs who develop fat deposits (lipomas) to develop more. The only way to know for sure though is to have your vet do a fine needle aspirate test on it.

Most cancerous lumps tend to be very hard in texture, irregular in shape and often will look "angry" - i.e. red/purple.

It's probably best to have your vet take a look just to put your mind at ease.

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (5267 views)

Magnesium level of food. I have two cats. Casper has urinary tract issues. He is currently on a .085%... (15373 views)

Vasculitis and skin infection. Hey Dr. Marie, We've got a doberman with a hard-to-diagnose skin issue. Usually... (20074 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (11463 views)

Hamster skin problems. Hello my hamster hair has started to fall out and he got flaky skin with sore's from... (17265 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (76491 views)

Irregular heart rhythm. MY 12 year old lurcher ran into a car and broke a leg and a few ribs he is in... (9494 views)

Vomited up chew toy. My dog had diarrhea and threw up last night. She's crated at night and when I got... (21227 views)

lump on spay incision Hello Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed 5 days ago. Her incision looks wonderful... (28087 views)

Sedation for euthanasia? My cat was recently diagnosed with tumors in his lungs.He's no longer eating on his... (12870 views)