Neomycin dangerous to cats?

Breed: street cat
by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave her once) i have been instructed to give her forte cortin (cortisone) once, calcium twice, vitamin b complex twice, her balance is terrible, but she can hear, WHAT ELSE SHOULD I DO?

Sorry to hear that your cat is having ear problems that are affecting her balance. It sounds like there are a few things going on and I may need more information to fully answer your question.

I did some research for you on the use of neomycin in cats. There are some rare cases where neomycin in eye medication (BNP ointment) has caused a serious allergic reaction and even death in some cats. However, as far as I can tell this has not been reported in ear medications containing neomycin such as Panalog or Tresaderm.

Sometimes a cat can have balance problems after an ear cleaning, even if it is a gentle one.

However, it sounds like there are a number of things going on with Puff if she is on all of these medications.

You're welcome to reply and give me more information. I hope she is ok!

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (10878 views)

Swollen nose. My 9 yo Female Samoyed has a swollen nose - the black part of the nose, on the top.... (7404 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (5057 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (4589 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (29253 views)

Hamster has crusty eye. my hamster is 2 years old and a week ago i noticed his right eye has crusted over i... (8448 views)

Feeding chicken liver to dogs. I feed Petey a high quality dry dog food in the morning, but I enjoy cooking his... (65615 views)

URTI in cats. Hi I have got 2 cats, Xena 1,6 years and Nemo, a kitten 12 weeks. When the Nemo... (12247 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (5010 views)

Severe arthritis. Hi Dr. Marie, My sweet Murphys is displaying weakness in hind legs, (they... (6467 views)