Neomycin dangerous to cats?

Breed: street cat
by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave her once) i have been instructed to give her forte cortin (cortisone) once, calcium twice, vitamin b complex twice, her balance is terrible, but she can hear, WHAT ELSE SHOULD I DO?

Sorry to hear that your cat is having ear problems that are affecting her balance. It sounds like there are a few things going on and I may need more information to fully answer your question.

I did some research for you on the use of neomycin in cats. There are some rare cases where neomycin in eye medication (BNP ointment) has caused a serious allergic reaction and even death in some cats. However, as far as I can tell this has not been reported in ear medications containing neomycin such as Panalog or Tresaderm.

Sometimes a cat can have balance problems after an ear cleaning, even if it is a gentle one.

However, it sounds like there are a number of things going on with Puff if she is on all of these medications.

You're welcome to reply and give me more information. I hope she is ok!

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (39789 views)

Gerbil's head exploded. We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads... (14786 views)

Reduced appetite in kitten. Hello Dr. Marie, My 6 month old kitten has suddenly started eating less. She... (16061 views)

Home remedy for ear infection? Hello, My golden bailey was sprayed by a skunk in September, his shots are up to... (12455 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (9115 views)

Should we put down out cat? Good evening. My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still... (4962 views)

Papilloma Virus. My seven month old puppy developed papilloma virus warts on his lips and then his... (23530 views)

Ear problems in a cat. I adopted my cat Fudge from a shelter when he was 9. He came with a host of... (9661 views)

Peptobismol use in cats I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be... (21226 views)

Hair loss at base of tail. My cat has been pulling her fur out near the base of her tail,leaving swollen bald... (13833 views)