Neomycin dangerous to cats?

Breed: street cat
by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave her once) i have been instructed to give her forte cortin (cortisone) once, calcium twice, vitamin b complex twice, her balance is terrible, but she can hear, WHAT ELSE SHOULD I DO?

Sorry to hear that your cat is having ear problems that are affecting her balance. It sounds like there are a few things going on and I may need more information to fully answer your question.

I did some research for you on the use of neomycin in cats. There are some rare cases where neomycin in eye medication (BNP ointment) has caused a serious allergic reaction and even death in some cats. However, as far as I can tell this has not been reported in ear medications containing neomycin such as Panalog or Tresaderm.

Sometimes a cat can have balance problems after an ear cleaning, even if it is a gentle one.

However, it sounds like there are a number of things going on with Puff if she is on all of these medications.

You're welcome to reply and give me more information. I hope she is ok!

Dog biting bas of tail, but no fleas. Hi, I have an otherwise healthy chihuahua who has always been a foot chewer but has... (241502 views)

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (28130 views)

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (11831 views)

Chemical castration of dogs. What would be the benefits of Zinc neutering using Zinc Gluconate offered by Ark... (14092 views)

Malamute panting. We have taken in a rescue dog. When they brought him to us he was panting and they... (12859 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (20288 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (17612 views)

Joint pain in a dog. Hello my dog Menew, is a Akita/husky he is 15 years old and has arthrities, some... (15290 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (24339 views)

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (12085 views)