Neomycin dangerous to cats?

Breed: street cat
by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave her once) i have been instructed to give her forte cortin (cortisone) once, calcium twice, vitamin b complex twice, her balance is terrible, but she can hear, WHAT ELSE SHOULD I DO?

Sorry to hear that your cat is having ear problems that are affecting her balance. It sounds like there are a few things going on and I may need more information to fully answer your question.

I did some research for you on the use of neomycin in cats. There are some rare cases where neomycin in eye medication (BNP ointment) has caused a serious allergic reaction and even death in some cats. However, as far as I can tell this has not been reported in ear medications containing neomycin such as Panalog or Tresaderm.

Sometimes a cat can have balance problems after an ear cleaning, even if it is a gentle one.

However, it sounds like there are a number of things going on with Puff if she is on all of these medications.

You're welcome to reply and give me more information. I hope she is ok!

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (8319 views)

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (4760 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (58395 views)

Coughing after spay. My cat was spayed 6 days ago. At first she was great.Incision looked great and still... (13743 views)

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (14357 views)

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (8580 views)

Dog died suddenly even after glucose. my dog died suddenly...... it vomited three time .........then she was not able to... (10593 views)

Possible spleen cancer. About 2 wks ago noticed lack of appetite and lethargy. Took her to the vet who said... (10880 views)

What is a CG8 blood test? Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have... (6871 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (7257 views)