Neomycin dangerous to cats?

Breed: street cat
by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave her once) i have been instructed to give her forte cortin (cortisone) once, calcium twice, vitamin b complex twice, her balance is terrible, but she can hear, WHAT ELSE SHOULD I DO?

Sorry to hear that your cat is having ear problems that are affecting her balance. It sounds like there are a few things going on and I may need more information to fully answer your question.

I did some research for you on the use of neomycin in cats. There are some rare cases where neomycin in eye medication (BNP ointment) has caused a serious allergic reaction and even death in some cats. However, as far as I can tell this has not been reported in ear medications containing neomycin such as Panalog or Tresaderm.

Sometimes a cat can have balance problems after an ear cleaning, even if it is a gentle one.

However, it sounds like there are a number of things going on with Puff if she is on all of these medications.

You're welcome to reply and give me more information. I hope she is ok!

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (11980 views)

Is my dog pregnant? We think my dog is pregnant.She keeps trying to make little areas for herself and... (6749 views)

Magnesium level of food. I have two cats. Casper has urinary tract issues. He is currently on a .085%... (17784 views)

Goopy eyes. My kittens eyes are BOTH gooping up a lot. I do not know if it is an infection, or... (13175 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (9175 views)

Is this dog cryptorchid? Jupiter is 71/2 months old. At 8 weeks vet noted both testicles desended. At 5... (26598 views)

Insulin shock Lucy is diabetic.She gets 4units 2x daily with food..Monday she started to have... (8798 views)

Pregnant cat in heat? I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being...... (17514 views)

13 year old cat losing weight. I have a 13 yr old male cat that has gradually started to lose weight. He has had... (11736 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (13053 views)